It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 'Vetted' Refugees Who Turned to Terrorism After Being Allowed Into America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

If the refugee crisis was coming from, lets say, China or other buddhist nations..fine..cool. compatable cultures. Hindi? sure, why not. any religion or non religion on earth would be perfectly adaptable for the west. Except Islam.

Islam has been in this nation since before it was a nation and there has seem to be no problems.

I am more or less in favor of some tight restrictions on the refugee/immigration to the west from islamic nations, not because I fear terrorism...but because the current pop form of islam is diametrically opposed to most western values (freedom, equality, etc) and the more that come here and move into a area, the more influence they have to tear down the community to rebuild it in their values and laws.

Yes the way they have been going around enforcing Sharia is just terrible. Oh wait they haven't have they? Could it be because their religion commands them to follow the laws of the nation they live in.

Problem here is that since all things are equal, it will have to also effect the other religions..christianity, judism, etc...and that is when the other folks start moaning..because they are busy trying to push for their religion to gain more society power and influence..and that sucks.

Yes that sucks because the Christians are supposed to be in charge right? They are just wetting their pants because here in a few years they may become the second most powerful religion on the planet when Islam passes them with followers.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Unfortunately any complete statistics regarding foreign nationals convicted with Terror-related crimes is nonexistent, hence Trump's executive order to release that data in 180 days. All we have are disparate news stories. But remember that whenever idiots start talking about successful Terrorist attacks, refusing to mention the other terrorist related crimes that might have been successful if it wasn't for good law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

That diagnosis thing was just a continuation of the car analogy. American's love their exceptionalism so they love to see a President doing it his way, rarely taking advice off other countries, it looks great to his fans but whether it works in practice we'll have to wait and see.

ETA: can you show me 92 white nationalist, christian, jew or any other since 911, no i don't think so.

That depends on what you define as a terrorist act, some people's definitions would be bias towards Muslim terrorism anyway. The FBI collated terrorism of their definition between up to 2005 - seems like the Earth Liberation Front and Daniel Adreas are responsible for a lot. Admittedly they could do with updating it.

FBI terrorism

Besides, would a ban on muslims even have any effect? ISIS can easily indoctrinate people over the internet and a muslim ban could make it easier for them to argue to someone that America are the enemy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

That's not a good comparison either. The US is designed to allow for "leakage".

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

originally posted by: introvert
A guess. 20 people out of thousands of refugees is a very small percentage. The actions taken by Trump to deal with this "problem" is overkill and based on fear.

Although I do support Trump's actions in this matter, I do think there's validity to the statistical argument you make and I have to acknowledge the fact that I and others have used the same statistical argument against the previous administration's gun control initiatives in the past. Its not enough to sway my opinion, but its a solid point.

Thanks for the honesty.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: introvert

While the percentage is very small, all it takes is one person to do a lot of damage.. I doubt after your spouse kills you she will go on a murder spree.. maybe we should ban walking too? Because people trip and stuff..

Actually, you may want to read up on the issue. Many mass murderers have issues at home and the two issues are connected.

www.nytimes.com...

When Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control group, analyzed F.B.I. data on mass shootings from 2009 to 2015, it found that 57 percent of the cases included a spouse, former spouse or other family member among the victims — and that 16 percent of the attackers had previously been charged with domestic violence.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Unfortunately any complete statistics regarding foreign nationals convicted with Terror-related crimes is nonexistent, hence Trump's executive order to release that data in 180 days. All we have are disparate news stories. But remember that whenever idiots start talking about successful Terrorist attacks, refusing to mention the other terrorist related crimes that might have been successful if it wasn't for good law enforcement.

Hmm.

That's what the Patriot Act was passed for. And other sorts of metadata collection on the American populace. Oh - the TSA as well. The NDAA, passed as well.

Ever hear ofentrapment?

Let's create the terrorists, give them the utilities they need, "prevent," said terrorist from carrying out the attack and then proclaim "we stopped a terrorist attack!"

Facts serve no purpose in the empire of lies. A poster on page 1 cited how likely (unlikely) one would be killed by a terrorist. Police officers, car crashes, and your own family face a larger threat than terrorists.

Again - facts serve no purpose. Americans are more likely to be killed by a family member with a firearm than they are a "terrorist," and Americans want to ban people because of this (while ironically leaving off nations who are involved in know terrorist activities such as Saudi Arabia).

I don't think we need any more nanny state BS draconian legislature. We have enough, and it hasn't done much.

The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over whilst expecting a different result. At what point has enacting more laws helped.... anything?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: SaturnFX

If the refugee crisis was coming from, lets say, China or other buddhist nations..fine..cool. compatable cultures. Hindi? sure, why not. any religion or non religion on earth would be perfectly adaptable for the west. Except Islam.

Islam has been in this nation since before it was a nation and there has seem to be no problems.

I am more or less in favor of some tight restrictions on the refugee/immigration to the west from islamic nations, not because I fear terrorism...but because the current pop form of islam is diametrically opposed to most western values (freedom, equality, etc) and the more that come here and move into a area, the more influence they have to tear down the community to rebuild it in their values and laws.

Yes the way they have been going around enforcing Sharia is just terrible. Oh wait they haven't have they? Could it be because their religion commands them to follow the laws of the nation they live in.

Problem here is that since all things are equal, it will have to also effect the other religions..christianity, judism, etc...and that is when the other folks start moaning..because they are busy trying to push for their religion to gain more society power and influence..and that sucks.

Yes that sucks because the Christians are supposed to be in charge right? They are just wetting their pants because here in a few years they may become the second most powerful religion on the planet when Islam passes them with followers.

History tell a completely different story about Islam and how they don't play nice with others. Progressives shout about Christians and defend Islam because they're a minority and yea know feelings and stuff.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

That diagnosis thing was just a continuation of the car analogy. American's love their exceptionalism so they love to see a President doing it his way, rarely taking advice off other countries, it looks great to his fans but whether it works in practice we'll have to wait and see.

ok i'll give you that, seeing how i didn't include foreign governments, but what i asked for was who gave him advise. and seeing how the majority of the ones that spoke out have their own problems with refugees from muslims countries i hardly think that they have a handle on the situation enough to be telling trump he's wrong.

That depends on what you define as a terrorist act, some people's definitions would be bias towards Muslim terrorism anyway. The FBI collated terrorism of their definition between up to 2005 - seems like the Earth Liberation Front and Daniel Adreas are responsible for a lot. Admittedly they could do with updating it.

again that is not what i asked for, my words.can you show me 92 white nationalist, christian, jew or any other since 911, no i don't think so.

what you gave me was a list of attacks from everyone for 34 years when i asked for the past 15 years. you are the one that brought up the white nationalist thing, and to pretend you didn't understand or try to twist what i asked for is intellectually dishonest.

just so you know there have been only 19. now to be completely up front about it, these attacks have killed more than muslims jihadists 48 for non muslim, 26 for jihadi's. why this is there is no way to really tell. maybe it's because it's mostly lone wolfs for the non muslims. maybe because they are more secretive. maybe becauce they are more selective in who what when and where.

Non-Muslim extremists have carried out 19 such attacks since Sept. 11, according to the latest count, compiled by David Sterman, a New America program associate, and overseen by Peter Bergen, a terrorism expert. By comparison, seven lethal attacks by Islamic militants have taken place in the same period.
Homegrown Extremists Tied to Deadlier Toll Than Jihadists in U.S. Since 9/11

but the fact remains that 92 muslim terror plots have been attempted, it is just good police work and good luck that they were thwarted.

it is also true that there is no way to know just how many in either category are not known of. but i think it safe to say that in light of the evidence, that the lager number should be addressed more aggressively than the lower at this present time.

to use another analogy,
when fighting fires, you put out the flames before the hot spots.

edit on 31-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The US is designed to allow for "leakage".

what? where did you get that. it is designed for intake, and that has always been well regulated until i'm gonna say the last 40 years maybe more or less. go and check the history of immigration, and tell me other wise.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It is designed for "intake" and "outake".

Again, the analogy was not appropriate.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Facts serve no purpose in the empire of lies. A poster on page 1 cited how likely (unlikely) one would be killed by a terrorist. Police officers, car crashes, and your own family face a larger threat than terrorists.

And now we have someone comparing those who intend to commit mass slaughter to vehicles. Cars don't devise plots to murder human beings. Preventable accidents are not the same as mass murder. I think Obama made that same stupid argument when he implied Americans are more likely to die slipping in the bathtub than by terrorism. Facts do serve no purpose in an empire of lies.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread was already posted. Awful lot of Bosnians on the list, yet they're not covered by trumps order.

yep, and they weren`t convicted of a terrorist attack most, if not all, of the people on the list were convicted of providing material support to terrorists. hasn`t the U.S. government been doing that also?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

it's plain to see your just making sh@@ up, trying to prove your point. yes it's true the U.S. allows people to leave the country.
but as you should know, the country has always been based on immigration to the U.S. not from.

so much so a plague has been placed on the statue of liberty that has this line on it.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus (1849–1887)

not
let me send you my tired,my poor, my huddled masses, yearning to be subjected to brutal oppression, the wretched refuse of my teeming shores. i'll send these the homeless, the tempest tossed lost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door so they can leave in vast numbers to rush to the oppression of foreign lands.

even today in the midst of all that is taking place in the world, the U.S. is still the number one detestation for people wanting to flee their country or just make a better life for themselves and their families.

two links,

The United States has long been seen as the “land of opportunity”, the home of the American Dream. With the largest national economy in the world, well-developed infrastructure and high educational and social mobility, it is not hard to see its appeal. It hosts almost 20% of the world’s migrants, and boasts a huge mix of races, cultures and traditions. Despite government policies clamping down on illegal immigration, it still accepts far more international migrants than anywhere in the world, and the trend looks set to continue.
1. United States of America – 45.8 million immigrants

United States of America The U.S. still remains the number one immigration destination. The country has the world’s largest economy and is seen as the “land of opportunity”. America is one of the most diverse countries and it is made up of immigrants. To many, America is a country of their dreams. People who are unable to get into the U.S. legally, cross the border illegally. Immigration reform is now the hot button issue of the U.S. and with a comprehensive immigration reform bill, the country is looking to address the illegal immigration issues. More than 20% of the world’s immigrants have settled in the U.S. and the country continues to accept immigrants from all parts of the world. For the world’s best engineers and scientists, the U.S. is one of the best places to settle.
World’s Most Popular Countries for Immigration

you don't see many snowflakes bailing after they said they would if trump was elected now do ya.
edit on 31-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That isn't what I asked, I asked what are the chances of being murdered by your spouse. You don't see your own absurdity for comparing spouses to terrorists.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I did clarify, read the thread. It's a logical fallacy to say we shouldn't worry about terrorists because spouses murder each other sometimes.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage?

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

And how many inspire others to do the dirty work for them?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

it's plain to see your just making sh@@ up, trying to prove your point.

What was my point? I was only addressing your analogy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

That isn't what I asked, I asked what are the chances of being murdered by your spouse.

Tell you what. Here is a link:www.huffingtonpost.com...

Read up, follow more links and see what you can learn.

Here is another link: www.bjs.gov...

It appears to be around 9% of all murders are committed by a spouse.

You don't see your own absurdity for comparing spouses to terrorists.

Then I suppose it's a good thing I never made that comparison. I said you are more likely to die at the hands of your spouse than you are a terrorist. I never compared spouses to terrorists.

Pay attention.
edit on 31-1-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage?

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

How many were needed for the Washington sniper murders, Boston Marathon, Ft. Hood murders, Minnesota Mall murders, California murders,...? How many sick examples do you need?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join