It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 'Vetted' Refugees Who Turned to Terrorism After Being Allowed Into America

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Gentlemen, Ladies, this is what we are facing.
The ability of some to infiltrate is far greater than most realize.
These individuals were able to fool trained interrogators.

www.informationliberation.com...

www.breitbart.com... t-spots/

Buck

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage?

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Logical fallacy...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

How dare you....

There is a (muslim!!!)terrorist behind every Bush(hihi..) and we clearly need total observation of all people to not become terror victims...

Or is that just a conspiracy theory?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

20 out of how many refugees in total? Could you give us a percentage? I ask because it is likely that the percentage of people we let in this country that turn "radical" is so statistically small that it is hardly worth taking the actions we have seen. You have a better chance of getting killed by your spouse than you do a terrorist.

Statistically small ??? with that same argument it's a good idea to let tigers run wild in a kindergarten. Or to lock up all spouses. By the way you don't know the percentage so.... where is your conclusion based upon ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Logical fallacy...

How so? I'm asking to what extent is it a problem and if it justifies the actions being taken.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

Statistically small ??? with that same argument it's a good idea to let tigers run wild in a kindergarten.

That's absurd and not a good comparison.

By the way you don't know the percentage so.... where is your conclusion based upon ?

A guess. 20 people out of thousands of refugees is a very small percentage. The actions taken by Trump to deal with this "problem" is overkill and based on fear.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

Indeed. It appears that is about as deep as most people are able to think when it comes to complicated issues like this.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

No, you are saying we should be more worried about our spouses than terrorists...

Tell me, what is the percentage of spouses who kill their significant other?

Also, a terrorist isn't looking to kill ONE person, they are looking to kill as many as possible, and preferably innocent civilians so as to disrupt life.

You also said this:

About as absurd as comparing spouses to terrorists?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Gentlemen, Ladies, this is what we are facing.
The ability of some to infiltrate is far greater than most realize.
These individuals were able to fool trained interrogators.

www.informationliberation.com...

www.breitbart.com... t-spots/

Buck

Gawd... I can look into their eye's and sense the evil. A pic is worth a thousand words.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

The chances of being killed in a terrorist attack are about 1 in 20 million. A person is as likely to be killed by his or her own furniture, and more likely to die in a car accident, drown in a bathtub, or in a building fire than from a terrorist attack.

While 1 out of 5 people fear the possibility of being murdered, the odds that a person will be murdered in any given year are about 1 in 18,690. According to the FBI, violent crime is now at a near-historic low

www.lifeinsurancequotes.org...

In fact, steer clear of men altogether: nearly half of all female murder-victims are killed by their partner or another (usually male) family member.

www.economist.com...

About as absurd as comparing spouses to terrorists?

There are statistics to look at. You may find stats absurd, but they are still there for us to look at.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

well here is a better one.

say your car has a radiator leak, and a small percentage of coolant is leaking. sure putting stop leak in it may fix it for a while.
or you ignore the leak,the longer you go the percentage of coolant that has leaked out grows, or worse the hole in your radiator grows bigger.

the smart person would fix and or replace the radiator, that's exactly what trump is doing.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread was already posted. Awful lot of Bosnians on the list, yet they're not covered by trumps order.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Trump has diagnosed the problem himself, and has ignored advice that contradicts his bias. Therefore there is a good chance the car will still not work after he has replaced the radiator with one he likes. In your car analogy, we could argue that white nationalists (who have been responsible for twice as many killings in the last 16 years compared to jihadists) are causing the leakage also.

A lot of those 20 refugees were found to be informants of terrorists networks, clearly reprehensible. I wonder how many people, home-grown or otherwise, could be charged with aiding and abetting white-nationalist terrorist networks and influencing the likes of Dylan Roof, Thomas Mair, Chris Harper-Mercer (immigrant), Anders Breivik, or Alexandre Bissonette. You can argue these are lone wolves but their ideas don't just sprout up out of nowhere, it is entirely feasible that they get indoctrinated on the internet by similar people just like ISIS do with young impressionable muslim youths. The media does not seem interested in this idea however.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The problem is islam.
If the refugee crisis was coming from, lets say, China or other buddhist nations..fine..cool. compatable cultures. Hindi? sure, why not. any religion or non religion on earth would be perfectly adaptable for the west.
Except Islam.

I am more or less in favor of some tight restrictions on the refugee/immigration to the west from islamic nations, not because I fear terrorism...but because the current pop form of islam is diametrically opposed to most western values (freedom, equality, etc) and the more that come here and move into a area, the more influence they have to tear down the community to rebuild it in their values and laws.

This is the ugly truth people are afraid to talk about...and if that discussion ever happens with sane people, then we can discuss cultural differences and perhaps create a structure that would allow for more of these people in under a rule of law that castrates their ability to push influence into the community..
Problem here is that since all things are equal, it will have to also effect the other religions..christianity, judism, etc...and that is when the other folks start moaning..because they are busy trying to push for their religion to gain more society power and influence..and that sucks.
So...the strawman will be the target for awhile until the agnostic/atheist/personal spirituality types gain more influence to address the actual problem and create laws making sure religion and politics never sit together.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

A guess. 20 people out of thousands of refugees is a very small percentage. The actions taken by Trump to deal with this "problem" is overkill and based on fear.

Although I do support Trump's actions in this matter, I do think there's validity to the statistical argument you make and I have to acknowledge the fact that I and others have used the same statistical argument against the previous administration's gun control initiatives in the past. Its not enough to sway my opinion, but its a solid point.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

Trump has diagnosed the problem himself, and has ignored advice that contradicts his bias.

what advise? from who? do you you mean the ones that the former admin left behind and not the new admin?
please give sources as to who gave him advise not to do this that weren't former admin hacks or dems that want to see him fail.

A lot of those 20 refugees were found to be informants of terrorists networks, clearly reprehensible.

from what i've read yes a few have turned after being apprehended, trying to save their own a@@es and get leniency in sentencing . no surprise there.
and yes there there are home grown terrorist of all flavors, but that is not we are talking about now is it?

here are 92 terrorist plots that have also home grown and "refugee" and "immigrants" just wanting to make a better life for themselves since 911,included, as well as foreign staged.
An Interactive Timeline of Islamist Terror Plots Since 9/11

ETA: can you show me 92 white nationalist, christian, jew or any other since 911, no i don't think so.
edit on 31-1-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Would you care to expound upon your point somewhat, just for clarity's sake?

Its not clear precisely where you were aiming that.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

While the percentage is very small, all it takes is one person to do a lot of damage.. I doubt after your spouse kills you she will go on a murder spree.. maybe we should ban walking too? Because people trip and stuff..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join