It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The left and fake news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ok, first the majority of right wing news is usually fake or a spin, that is a given.

Recently though, I have started to see this same trend happening to the left news sources. They aren't fake but they are taking out of context what someone does or says, they are doing the spin that is usually reserved for right wing news sources.

I thought we were supposed to be better than this, what is happening the left wing media, we are supposed to go high when they go low.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It is part of the process of degeneration of America. Partly caused by capitalism, partly caused by bad parenting (I think), everyone's standards have been going down and our economic system has reduced everyone to doing anything to get a few bucks, no matter how wrong or outrageous it may be.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

The libtards didn't get their way,so the loser's will try to make life miserable for the working man,these liberal kids,live in a fantasy world,video games,art of conversation is over,they text rather then speak,can't think,ask them a question,or an equation,they google it

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The left doesn't deal in fake news, it deals in laughable opinionated slop and deceptive conduct, like Buzzkill and Racist Madcow from MSNBC or the hags on The View or Scott Foval or Robert Creamer or Hillary Clinton.

CNN is the leftists propaganda flagship which, in hindsight, was tantamount in ensuring Hillary's epic fail.

But yes, tell me some good FOX and Breitbart fake spin (that I haven't heard yet).

LOL - seriously though, if you've only just now "started to see the same trend happening to the left news sources" then you are late to the party - they went full retard around November last year.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Or maybe you've only just started to notice.

The MSM and the left and right establishment still have this all wrong. The people woke up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Recently though, I have started to see this same trend happening to the left news sources.

Where the hell have you been for the last, oh, say.. 8 years? Pretty much everything Obama did since taking office was God's message and they've finally went completely around the bend when Hillary came along. They went full retard when Trump won.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'm not justifying it at all, I despise dishonesty but I think the main reason us that it worked for the Right. Think about it. Steve Bannon is now filling the role of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the National Director of Intelligence on the National Security Council.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Here is the thing for me, I prefer CNN, always have. I always thought CNN got a bad wrap on here. I really dislike sites like Breitbart which spew right wing rhetoric, or sites like Drudge, although just an aggregate site, that slant heavily right on stories they link to.

MSNBC/Fox, sure, I watch them, but you get a lot of right/left bias repsectively, I think more left from MSNBC than Right from Fox, but that's just me.

Since around June of last year I can't even turn on MSNBC. Everything is twisted and so out of context, I really think they drove most of the false narratives about the right or Trump. Now, I have been noticing this more with CNN starting with their live election coverage. There were several times I had to walk out of the room I was embarrassed for the anchors. Finally I had to just watch the PBS coverage which was pretty balanced.

I used to listen to NPR every morning on the way to work now, I can't even do that. This morning they were talking about the "muslim ban". THERE IS NO MUSLIM BAN! I am over it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm not justifying it at all, I despise dishonesty but I think the main reason us that it worked for the Right. Think about it. Steve Bannon is now filling the role of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the National Director of Intelligence on the National Security Council.

I don't know, this is a slippery road they are going down. The left media used to be based on hard cold facts but now they seem to be trying to top the right wing media.

They are starting to base anything they report on based on emotions and fear. That is a right wing tool and I do not want Liberal news sources to go down that road.

Someone has to stay on point and deal with facts, let the right wing media get their stories from the gutter, we must not follow suit.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I am not sure what you were watching, but Politifact shows that MSNBC/NBC was ~66% pants on fire, false, mostly false or half true...

Source

That means if you prefer MSNBC, or watch it, 2/3 of what you get is not true. I always preferred CNN because they ranked so highly on True/Mostly True. Most of the false/half true on CNN were commentators who were not corrected by the Anchor. (Think Don Lemon)

Edit: This shift is backfiring as seen here.

What is weird is that Fox is booming, and over 80% of their stories are ranked as half true or worse, mostly worse.
edit on 31-1-2017 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What IS ... "fake news"?

The answer (from a much-quoted redditor) is.. complicated.

At least it is not a "right wing/left wing" thing. Everyone does it!
edit on 31 1 2017 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I agree. I don't like it at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I stopped believing in all news outlets on 9/11

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cantthinkofausername
Ok, first the majority of right wing news is usually fake or a spin, that is a given.

Recently though, I have started to see this same trend happening to the left news sources. They aren't fake but they are taking out of context what someone does or says, they are doing the spin that is usually reserved for right wing news sources.

Lol, what?

That's one helluva rock you've been under.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

You b*tch about the Art of Conversation being gone and yet you're the one using words like Libtard.

You're a joke and a failure at being a person of integrity.

You're time is limited OldTimer. Use it wisely.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Oldtimer2

You b*tch about the Art of Conversation being gone and yet you're the one using words like Libtard.

You're a joke and a failure at being a person of integrity.

You're time is limited OldTimer. Use it wisely.

Triggered.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Triggered.

LOL

Cowardly Cuck.

top topics

join