It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Tribune discusses four ways of removing Trump as POTUS including a MILITARY COUP

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
You know, i'm giving him six monthsish, then he'll be gone.

Not from impeachment (however unlikely, could, feasibly happen)
Not from the republicans having a rush of cool-aid to the head (dubious)
I'd give more credence to health issues (not being snarky in any way)

Let's face it, he's 'grandaddy' old, overweight and uptight.
I'm betting on: diabetes, stroke or heart attack ..or something organic

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You are aware that Plato is rather pessimistic toward democracy, right?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And to keep the debate 'alive' :78% believe he'll be there to celebrate new year 2018 !
Jébus :'(

Will westill be there ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
My conspiratorial side makes me wonder if this may have been part of a master plan because some people believe Pence is a "globalist" while Trump apparently is not.

Ding ding ding ding!

I was just about to say this very thing. Pence is an insider and very much "one of them".

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OuttaHere
Tripple ding ding ding
Pence... HUUUUGELLY conservative and knee jerkish (whaat ? more than T(tm), no way heheheeee)

Seriously, if the the unhinged Pres becomes incapacitated, the Pence takes over for 2 years

It's a paradoxal blessing ;à)
really

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Trump supporters are the best armed and most practiced in our nation. That's preposterous.

Why? Why all this consternation? And why from the people who are supposed to lead us with rational thought and meaningful insight? Do we not expect that from editorials?

Civil war? Who against who? Who would line up and how would be know which side is which? Would it be something like Chicago against the rest of Illinois? The divide is purely political, and you can pretty much lay out the red/blue vote map to see where the battle lines would be drawn. Is that even logical? How do you reconcile east coast vs west coast liberalism in order to create some sort of unity?

I mean, the hyperbole gets folks dander up online, but it isn't practical enough to be possible without some forcing.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That was the most sane and reasonable post so far in this thread.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
From an op about a valid opinion piece www.abovetopsecret.com... 4 pages later, we've descended (come down to) 'ahh got ma gun' and dry-your-butt-hurt-with-salty-tears ...

Hmm mmm

That's highly intelligent discussion.

I'd be interested to know average age of ATS users
Between 15 and 15.5 yrs old ?

What's the demograph here ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I found another mention of something similar to a coup in the mainstream media. This time it's from The Atlantic.

Beyond what I've already written about this situation in this thread, I can think of a couple of other reasons why it could be noteworthy. Could the elite be putting out trial balloons to see how people react? Could this be an example of the elite letting us know what they're going to do before they do it? Only time will tell.

Some commentators have raised the idea that serving military officers would refuse to execute orders from Trump if they believed they were unconstitutional or violated international treaties. But the idea of military officials acting as a check on elected officials is disconcerting. Even if one thinks Trump is acting lawlessly, a de facto coup is also lawless. There’s no good option.

Mattis and Kelly, however, are now civilian officials. So far, their objections have been private, though waged partly in public via press leaks. The test of whether they will prove to be an effective counterweight to Trump’s overreaches and disregard for protocol will come if he continues to push decisions down on them. Trump cleverly employed retired brass to grant himself credibility, which means that the generals now have some power to revoke that credibility. Would they willing to publicly break with the president? If so, would Trump be willing to fire them?

Are Trump's Generals Mounting a Defense of Democratic Institutions?

edit on 31-1-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Of course trial balloons are always possible. Can't gauge something if you never gauge it in the first place. But I think it's more along the lines of getting sick of being the hands-down laughingstock of the planet regarding our civics ineptitude as citizens. Face it, we're stupid about how our own government works compared to most foreigners. Most of us couldn't even swing passing a citizenship test that they'd breeze through.

I find it red-faced level embarrassing when foreigners know not only the full extend of our government processes compared to us, but the fine details of them. These kinds of editorials can be a critical kick in the pants, not for rabble rousing, but for education (or rather, inspiring getting educated about it)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

It happened in Russia. The Bolsheviks. The soldiers joined with the people and revolted against the tyranny.

Certainly not unheard of. There are many countries that have had coups, it's a very real possibility. I was impressed that Mattis refused to reinstitute water-boarding. Good for him. Because he did that, I will give Mattis a chance. But not Trump. He used up his chances in the first week.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join