It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Tribune discusses four ways of removing Trump as POTUS including a MILITARY COUP

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Plato's Democracy is also a total abject failure because the guy was an advocate for an oligarchy.

Which oddly enough is the prevailing system right now and you seem to be in favour of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Chicago Tribune should focus on solving more pressing issue for them like the plague of black on black violence that has turned the city into a third world cesspool.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: TheBulk
The left is itching to subvert democracy and start a civil war. They think that they can do these things because the mass media encourages and insights them. We are still living under a liberal tyranny.

What they wrote is demonstrating democracy...
What you wrote is what prevents it from happening.

I think you need to read up on your Plato, and John Adam's and what democracy really means.
America is a constitutional republic with democratically elected representatives. We do not live in platos democracy.

Trump is one of those democratically elected officials. How does pushing him out with a military coup uphold our constitution?

Platos democracy is one of the foundations of all democratic processes, and the US is hardly a true republic, it has electoral votes, trump didn't win popular vote, and from the looks of it isn't very popular still.

Democracy means that the power is in the people's words and actions. It starts with civil process as voting and if the person appointed is a monkey at the helm they have other processes to remove that person, one of which is coup and civil war. Both of which generally involve civilian people. Military isn't made of robots you know.
It's funny, people who right back against government now are communists, lefty libs, etc, etc yet it's liberal mindset that shaped America and brought more change to this world to where it is today.
hmm... do you understand why we have the electoral college, as opposed to a straight democratic process for voting in our president? Mostly because emotional people can be easily swayed to vote in a president for emotional reasons instead of rational ones. But by all means, you are welcome to vote for Plato in 4 years.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I found it informative. It did highlight it's not as simple as "yer fired, GTFO", which I bet millions of people assumed was the case.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Any MSM source advocating Anti-American/Establishment/Government Coup-type actions even by proxy must be considered a hard target National Security risk....and should be COMPLETELY seized and frozen , immediatly IMHO.
edit on 31-1-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Any MSM source advocating Anti-American/Establishment/Government Coup-type actions even by proxy must be considered a hard target National Security risk....and should be COMPLETELY seized and frozen , immediatly IMHO.

I really doubt there's anything to worry about unless the military revolts wholesale. And in that case, it won't have jack s# to do with an article in the paper.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
All the communist revolutionaries coming out of the woodwork.
Someone needs to revive mcCarthy

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Sore Loser.

Level: Master

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

And a previous poster had the balls to accuse others of being being lead by emotion? Holy christ on a stick, none of this is going to happen unless he REALLY f#s up bad.

Impeachment: Not happening with a Republican Congress unless they want to perma-cripple themselves as a political party. They're stupid, but not that stupid.

Acting on the 25th Amendment: Not going to happen, unless Pence & all the Exec branch higher-ups want to have their names be synonymous with Bork (google why his name is a slang term for broken/failure now)

Appealing directly to Pence: For f#'s sake, it's still a WH coup that will finish the party. Again, not that retarded.

Military coup: There'd better be a damn good earth-shattering reason, otherwise these odds are practically non-existent.

We can discuss these methods all we want, and it's far from wrong. Good lord, you people act like it's active planning. I had NO clue appealing directly to the VP was even an option, and I never paid all that much attention to the 25th, I had the intricacies of that one wrong.
Puritanical BS over what's able to be learned about the government is why most people think only a coup or impeachment are the only way to boot a bad president early.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Put CNN on your list,there is freedom of speech then there is treason and sedition and its about time some arrests were made

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

oh no.....boo hoo hoo....a Chicago paper talks about impeachment.....the sky's falling!!!....arrest all liberals!!!.....don't get your panties in a wad there, snowflake republicans....you control THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT, what do you expect, songs around the campfire????
edit on 31-1-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Sometime ago I recommended a new forum: I HATE TRUMP, but you belong in a new class: BUTTHURT

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The left is itching to subvert democracy and start a civil war. They think that they can do these things because the mass media encourages and insights them. We are still living under a liberal tyranny.

I doubt any military would obey orders to overthrow Trump the left is just fantasising there...the spook community Im not so sure about though.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Sometime ago I recommended a new forum: I HATE TRUMP, but you belong in a new class: BUTTHURT

how many threads are centered around the theme "I HATE LIBERALS"....talk about butt hurt

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

oh no.....boo hoo hoo....a Chicago paper talks about impeachment.....the sky's falling!!!....arrest all liberals!!!.....don't get your panties in a wad there, snowflake republicans....you control THE ENTIRE GOVERNMENT, what do you expect, songs around the campfire????

Lol, can you guys stop hyperventilating.
It was off the cuff with no emotional context.
A lot more has happened than simply a paper printing this.
Buckle up buckaroo, we're going to MAGA.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

That is a preposterous claim.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I would argue 99% of the backlash against Trump is media and social media generated. If we keep exposing them as the frauds they are the people will start the process of self-reflection, which has been sorely lacking.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Having seen presidents come and go and the country as a whole the following can be said:

What is going on, was determined a long time ago, and the seeds were planted and now are coming to fruition.

Here is what the problems happen to be: The current president won the electoral college, that is true, however, the did lose the popular vote. And therein lies the problem. The electors were not allowed to vote their conscious, they were bound by law to vote for who they were pledged to under penalty of fine and punishment. They did not reflect the will of the people and the system has grown to be full of mistakes and problems. Another aspect is that tradition or even issues were never resolved, people who were running not vetted, but chosen by the elites to get a person who they could control.

For the past 4 years, the Republicans have sought to obstruct the President, even shutting down the government, to get what they want. For the past year, have even refused to do their jobs, even to the point of stating that they are not going to approve any appointments made by the president, insisting on waiting until there is a new president, even when presented with a person that they already approved the first time around.

There have been rumblings of civil war, and of secession from various states, even wilder conspiracy theories. People who did not like Obama, sought to demean and proclaim all sorts of things and now that he is out and Trump is in, they are wanting the country to come together, not seeing that the ideas and the very doors that are now being shoved opened, or even the ground roots movements were started by one side or another.

While I would say yes he should be given a fair shot, however, that went out the door on the first policy that was put into place where people, the very citizens of this country are now being affected by said policies. The government has a bad habit of throwing open a door that once opened, is exploited. Take a good look at the laws before, where it showed systematic discrimination against one group or to keep a political advantage. A system where those who have money are getting better service or justice versus those who are either poor or of a minority group.

For the past 3 years, they have complained that Obama was using Executive order, taking away power from the congress, yet not a peep over the fact that Trump is doing the same thing? They investigated Clinton over the use of a private email server, yet Trump is getting a free pass? Think about it, why is it right for one person to be able to do the same thing, while the other is a target of investigation or the target of a political witch hunt?

You look at this current problem the ban on people who come from certain countries. However, what is not stated, or even looked at, while the excuse is to prevent terrorism from coming from there, the countries not on the banned list, ultimate have terrorist who came to this country and attacked. What is the difference, save that a president with a conflict of interest.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

i think Mr Rove Bannon will have a solution for the media via an EO

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join