It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House links Quebec mosque shooting to Trump's travel ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

In the face of protests, lawsuits, internal grumbling, an international backlash and a partial climb-down, the Trump administration invoked Quebec City's mosque attack to defend its travel ban on seven majority-Muslim countries.

The controversial policy faced attacks on multiple fronts, capped late Monday by surprise announcements: the acting attorney general appointed by former president Barack Obama declared she wouldn't defend the order, and was fired.

Amid that barrage, the White House mounted an unanticipated line of defence.

Press secretary Sean Spicer began his daily briefing with news that the president had offered Prime Minister Justin Trudeau his country's condolences, prayers and any law-enforcement help Canada might need.

Then came a political point — one that glossed over the fact that in the case of the Quebec mosque massacre, the victims were Muslims, and they were allegedly shot and killed by a reported fan of President Donald Trump.

"It's a terrible reminder of why we must remain vigilant. And why the president is taking steps to be proactive, not reactive," Spicer said Monday.

He later made clear he was, in fact, making the link to the executive order on travel, which specifically targets travel from primarily Muslim countries in the Middle East.

Asked about the executive order, he went back to his earlier remark: "As I said in the statement, the president is going to be very proactive in protecting this country. ... That's the key point in this — how do we get ahead of threats? How do we keep America ahead of the curve, when it comes to people who want to do us harm?"

The suspect in the mosque shooting, Alexandre Bissonnette, is not from the countries affected by the travel ban and appears to be Canadian-born and raised.

I am still unclear of the "link" they have made. The shooter was Canadian born and raised. Not from a marked country for travel ban.

I think maybe there is a link between securing the borders and keeping potential threats out, no matter what country that person is from.

Or the leftist can claim the link is travel ban on any person of Muslim faith from any country.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
www.cbc.ca...

the fact that in the case of the Quebec mosque massacre, the victims were Muslims, and they were allegedly shot and killed by a reported fan of President Donald Trump.

I am still unclear of the "link" they have made.

The only link was a Trump supporter killed a bunch of Muslims.

Maybe other countries should ban US and Canadian citizens?

You know.....Fer sekuritie........
edit on 31-1-2017 by Lughnasadh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
You think Trump's team is not planning to secure the borders of Canada as well as our own?

Can anyone else see a 'Hostile Takeover' on the horizon.

And to all my Canuknian brethren and sisterlings ... it's not so bad on this side of the Stars and Stripes. We'll even get you a discounted NRA membership to go with your GOP ID card.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Weird a couple of the Muslim shooters that we had over the last couple years were Obama fans and I never saw anybody try to make a connection. Why was that?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: Lughnasadh

Weird a couple of the Muslim shooters that we had over the last couple years were Obama fans and I never saw anybody try to make a connection. Why was that?

Oh really? Which ones? And if they really were Obama fans, the ATS threads about them would definitely have pointed it out. So there would definitely have been a lot of people who "tried to make that connection". Also, does this mean you're agreeing that this terrorist was a Trump fan?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lughnasadh

Maybe other countries should ban US and Canadian citizens?

Well, the second deadliest attack on American soil ever carried out, was performed by an American. It would be smart of them.
edit on 1/31/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I see parallels to the shooting of British Politician Jo Cox prior to the Brexit vote.

Either both attackers were extremely charged by politics or old Soros has been splashing the cash again. I honestly wouldn't put him or any other elites above committing murder to push a political agenda.

Either way, my condolences to those affected

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Can you show where they made the connection?

Note the part where it says...Asked about THE EXECUTIVE ORDER

Asked about the executive order, he went back to his earlier remark: "As I said in the statement, the president is going to be very proactive in protecting this country. ... That's the key point in this — how do we get ahead of threats? How do we keep America ahead of the curve, when it comes to people who want to do us harm?" 

They asked him about the executive order (travel ban order) so he talked about the EO, so they equate that to connecting the Quebec terror attack? Am I missing something?

edit on 1/31/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The story has transformed and changed a lot. When it happened, Quebec declared it a terrorist act and witnesses said 2 men entered in and were the shooters

The second man had a name that was Saudi and matched a prisoner that Obama had released. He was vetted??????????

Suddenly witnesses testimony covered up?

Really?

And the young kid with the soft looking eyes, he's taking the fall?

I think our PM Trudeau needs to stop violating our nation and committing Treason.

Canada PM dubs Quebec mosque shooting a 'terrorist attack'
edit on 31-1-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

So the murderer is actually the victim & the politician who takes a stand against actual terrorism is the treasonous one? Right...

Also, what do "soft looking eyes" have to do with a person's ability to commit crimes? That's one of the stupidest and most naive things I've ever heard. The most successful con artists are the ones who make you think they'd never do such a thing. SMH

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
The story has transformed and changed a lot. When it happened, Quebec declared it a terrorist act and witnesses said 2 men entered in and were the shooters

The second man had a name that was Saudi and matched a prisoner that Obama had released. He was vetted??????????

Suddenly witnesses testimony covered up?

Can you provide links supporting this claim?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Then came a political point — one that glossed over the fact that in the case of the Quebec mosque massacre, the victims were Muslims, and they were allegedly shot and killed by a reported fan of President Donald Trump. 

The Canadian government declared this a terrorist attack right? I don't recall this administration or any previous administration making exceptions to Christian terrorists or any terrorist attacks made by non Muslims. Has anyone else?

new topics

top topics

join