It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist groups praise Trump’s travel ban as a victory for their cause

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
www.thestar.com...

(Anwar al-Awlaki, former Al Qaeda leader who was killed in a U.S. drone strike in 2011, famously said that the “West would eventually turn against its Muslim citizens.” Jihadist groups suggested Trump was fulfilling al-Awlaki's prediction.

Jihadist groups on Sunday celebrated the Trump administration’s ban on travel from seven Muslim-majority countries, saying the new policy validates their claim that the United States is at war with Islam.

Comments posted to pro-Islamic State social media accounts predicted that U.S. President Donald Trump’s executive order would persuade American Muslims to side with the extremists. One posting hailed the president as “the best caller to Islam,” while others predicted that Trump would soon launch a new war in the Middle East.

“(Islamic State leader Abu Bakr) al-Baghdadi has the right to come out and inform Trump that banning Muslims from entering America is a ‘blessed ban,’ ” said one posting to a pro-Islamic State channel on Telegram, a social-media platform.

Several postings suggested that Trump was fulfilling the predictions of Anwar al-Awlaki, the American-born Al Qaeda leader and preacher who famously said that the “West would eventually turn against its Muslim citizens.”

“This was a win for jihadists and other anti-U.S. forces,” said Richer, the deputy chief of the agency’s Operations Directorate during the George W. Bush administration. “It fuels the belief out there that Americans are anti-Islam. Otherwise, it accomplishes nothing, because the ones we are most concerned about can still get to the United States.

Again, such propaganda that the west will turn against its Muslim citizens? I am sorry but that is false. There is a ban on some Muslims who aren't citizens who are seeking citizenship in the US who may pose a threat to national security.

The US is not at war with Islam as the ME militants want people in the ME to believe. This is about the US securing its borders from those who wish to cause chaos on western soil.

So if the Jihadist group is hailing this ban a blessing, then why are many westerners opposed to this "victory"? Trump did say he wants America to win again, so is this not what he is fighting for, protecting American people first?
edit on 31-1-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Good job Donny.
Both Right-wing loons and terrorists are applauding your descisions.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

If there is a war, it is better to keep it over in the ME and not on western soil.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   

I'd be a liar if I said I didn't see this coming.
All part of the plan.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Good job Donny.

Are you saying that you cannot see through this pathetic attempt to ensure terrorist supporters that they should not be worried, that everything is A-okay, and that this is actually a win?

Are you saying that this ISIS statement is actually influencing you?

Wow, you are easy.

edit on 31-1-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Again, such propaganda that the west will turn against its Muslim citizens? I am sorry but that is false. There is a ban on some Muslims who aren't citizens who are seeking citizenship in the US who may pose a threat to national security.

Incorrect. There is a ban on Muslims who had green cards and were already living legally in the US. All from countries who have killed zero Americans on American soil.

The US is not at war with Islam as the ME militants want people in the ME to believe. This is about the US securing its borders from those who wish to cause chaos on western soil.

Really? Then why Saudi Arabia is not on the list? And UAE? They killed aprox. 2700 Americans on American soil.

So if the Jihadist group is hailing this ban a blessing, then why are many westerners opposed to this "victory"? Trump did say he wants America to win again, so is this not what he is fighting for, protecting American people first?

He is not protecting his people from terrorists who actually have killed Americans.

He is doing this ban to appease his right wing supporters, whilst protecting his business associates, the Saudi government.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
As if reverse psychology is going to help their desire for its removal...

There is no prophesy in a forgone conclusion...

That's just common sense...
edit on 31-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Here we go again. So now we're to believe that peaceful Muslims suddenly want to kill because they can't come into the country? Also can you explain how this is turning on Muslim citizens? This has nothing to do with citizens. Fake news.
edit on 31-1-2017 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Good job Donny.

I guess you don't recognize the work of spin doctors when you see it.

If Trump would have continued with the open border attitude and approach of previous Administrations, the Islamists would have continued to crow about how the West's openness and weakness was the open door and path to the eventual domination of Islam in all nations and societies.

Since Trump is now injecting common sense and control, about who is being let into the Country...of course the Islamist propagandists are going to say, "You see? They hate us, and they are anti-Islam. This will help us to get more recruits, and will lead to the eventual domination of Islam in all nations and socities."

And...of course...with the help of the Left and the MSM, people will take to the streets to defend the people (not all Muslims, just the Islamists) who are trying to kill us, and protest the people who are trying to protect us. This will re-activate the "openness and weakness" attack strategy.

So, from a progaganda point of view...if we do nothing to stop them, they are winning. If we do something to stop them, they are winning.

Personally, the Islamist propaganda spin aside, I think we should do whatever is necessary to stop the spread of this global cancer, and to protect our families, and our way of life, from it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
George W Bush's invasion of Afghanistan and destruction of Iraq were the two best things that ever happened for the militant Islamists.

Bush did exactly what Bin Laden wanted him to do in response to 9/11 - created the Holy War Without End.

I agree, Trump will continue to do exactly what the militant Islamists want.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can't wait to see how much fun they'll have in a few months once the plan to defeat isis is enacted. The kiddy gloves are coming off

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They shouldn't celebrate victory too soon, the travel ban is a one way street. We can still travel over to their side and bomb the SH!7 out of them.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

What is that exactly? Retaliate?

What would you propose the alternative to what we are doing should be?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
George W Bush's invasion of Afghanistan and destruction of Iraq were the two best things that ever happened for the militant Islamists.

Bush did exactly what Bin Laden wanted him to do in response to 9/11 - created the Holy War Without End.

I agree, Trump will continue to do exactly what the militant Islamists want.

Nothing happened the last 8 years? This is how I know to ignore you fools. Your outrage is utterly dependent on two things:

1. Media outrage
2. If the outrage stems from a Republican

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Best way to resist an enemy is to not resist them!

Ignorance is strength.
War is peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Bad is good.
Smart is stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Several postings suggested that Trump was fulfilling the predictions of Anwar al-Awlaki, the American-born Al Qaeda leader and preacher who famously said that the “West would eventually turn against its Muslim citizens.”

So Skywatcher, is it critical thinking that you're not so great at, or just reading???

US CITIZENS are not affected by the 120day re-evalution period.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Whatever these animals say, we should believe the opposite. If they claim victory, then you know it is a big defeat for them. All they have is propaganda, sort of like the main stream media.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Let see, we got on million muslim arriving in the US every year with visas and green cards, so hummm.

How many countries? 7 and one more? Syria has been banned.

Yes... sorry for the terrorist, Anwar al-Awlaki, he died with not credibility at all, so sad I am sure that Schumer will share a tear for him along lady liberty.

top topics

join