It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA 926 at the Nevada Test and Training Range 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I discovered some old scanner audio. The date is 06/02/2010. It is a bit confusing even for me and I recorded it. There is a plane with callsign Bully70 or perhaps Bowie70. It self identifies as a Janet C-12 by mistake. But I hear two different voices with the same callsign for Bully70. Later on NASA926 shows up. That is the high altitude WB-57. I also hear callsign Coffee Tree, though I can't say if it is a plane.

janet audio

The file in question is the 2nd link (at the time of this posting). I made it a high quality m4a, so it may not stream well on a slow Internet connection. You can right click to save the file.

One of the pilots is way toooo happy.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The NASA WB-57 seems to make a lot of visits to the NTTR area. Coffee Tree sounds like a ground station.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowhawk

They were flying the BACN missions for awhile. As far as I've heard there are only a few Talon HATE pods floating around, so maybe that?
edit on 1/31/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
WB-57 at Nellis

BACN (bacon on the radio) is during JEFX. The scanner audio is just after the 2010 JEFX.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The comms at the 3 minute point are interesting. I don't want to prejudice anyone buy indicating what I heard.

Bird Dog is generally a callsign associated with the Nevada Test Site. They also have Gumby Control. (Yeah, I know, Gumby like the cartoon.)

"Doggie" is slang for the fix FIDOE.

Maybe BOWIE 70 is the Beech Janet and Bully 70 is something else.

top topics

join