It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main Stream Media Fake News And Political Bias Is A National Security Issue

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
We threw out the globalists,

We did not. We elected one, who selected Goldman Sachs Executive Vice President as Treasury Secretary, a man who is friends with George Soros.

But I agree, the MSM needs to be held accountable and punished for their mistakes. Fines for misreporting would make them more careful.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Simple. Denying ignorance is a personal responsibility. We must teach our children that. No one can protect you from the lies told in the world.

Additionally, voters and consumers need to actually vote and vote with their dollars.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

You shouldn't have to. If reporting just concentrated on the facts of the incident, or event, with zero omissions and agenda-driven editing- the simplified, hard cold truth would be in your face. As of now, I cannot depend on that even from Fox, much less CNN or NBC. Or any of them. There's always this "lookout, it's MSM spin, bias, and agenda reporting this." I am sick and tired of this. Just give me the facts. ALL of the facts.

link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It is time for The Ministry of Truth, no way around it.
Just accept it.

link   
And yet the Trump campaign was full of more falsehoods, more unsubstantiated rhetoric, more unproven conspiracy theories, more playing into base emotions and fear (all this while dividing the country beyond anything we've seen in a good many decades). No big surprise that a rather un-silent minority bought into it (Americans aren't always the whippiest bunch) and are now doing their part to usher in a very frightening authoritarian government. It gets really boring reading over and over again that it was the media's fault that people don't like Trump. How is it that the right can't realize that it was Donald Trump's own words and behavior that caused the disdain? The insanity coming from that dude's mouth is all you need to know just how far gone he is.

The media didn't convince the majority of the people to hate Trump. Trump did that all on his own.
But I'm sure you've got it all figured out. And I'm sure you still want to silence any opposition. Repeat: authoritarian.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I am in complete shock that people like you can sit there and agree with the amount of lies that the MSM tells on a daily basis.

But you're fine with the Federal government, the whitehouse, shutting down media organisations they deem 'bias' as the OP is advocating for?

Imagine this was Obama?

How many times did you complain about Obama as president?

Yet here you are, agreeing with an OP advocating for shutting down media organisations based on what he considers 'bias'.

Obama had a single similar problem with one network in which he refused to speak to, which was FOX. Hell, even FOX hated Trump till he won the election then they had to save face.

I don't think biased BS news should be banned, I just think it should be banned from major TV outlets beaming down to 400+ million Americans who no longer need to be fed lines of BS as their primary news. I think MSM news stations should just report the news, like in the olden days, back in the 80s when political bias wasn't so prominent.

My bad if you think that makes me Hitler. Maybe you should imagine a world where every single news outlet aside from one shady one didn't obsess over the horrible nature of your favorite Hitler, Obama.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Would omissions of fact be covered?

Because that is even more insidious than actual lies.

Look I get what you are saying and I too wish there were some simple solution. But there really isn't. At the end of the day, we need to repeal the propaganda law in the NDAA, support libel and slander law, get out and actually vote, and finally vote with our dollars.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Yeah man, that's kinda the way I felt too. These people are responding as if I am asking for a totally conservative, non-liberal media. No. I am not. I am just asking for MSM to lose the political bias which comes from the top down into their news editors.

I WANT FRICKEN NEUTRAL NEWS. Let the people decide what to do with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This feels like sheeples on both sides being herded into their respective camps of agree/disagree with current policy - ring any bells people ? That 'ol classic of divide and conquer ?

When the wedge is far enough in between, a tiny spark, possibly/probably media induced could be enough to ignite the situation setting one against the other physically .

The end result ? Internet kill switch , if only temporarily so that order can be restored and groups are unable to use social media to organise their lynchings etc or read ANY kind of media that will spur them on.

Sad times if the above pans out.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
When someone say..... stop all immigration from muslims counties until we get a proper vetting system in place ....gets reported as.... Trump says ban all muslims..... and people get intentionally led to believe an out of context statement is the story and not the entire statement..... that is a very serious crime against the people. That is not informing the people, that is manipulating them..... and that is immoral and wrong.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Yes, exactly. And what if that caused another muslim freakout and shooting spree, costing more Americans their lives? This is just one example of why fake news and bias has really become a national security issue. Mass media manipulation of the people must end for good.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This is what I've been saying for years. The Media will lead to the destruction of our country's union. Bet on it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I agree 100% that the MSM has become a national security issue. They're using blatant psychological manipulation, propaganda and outright lies in desperate attempts to undermine the leadership of the United States in any way they can. Most lately, I see the MSM is trying to make the public think Trump is banning Muslims from the US, which is absolute nonsense.
I really hope Trump does something about the MSM. They need to be held accountable for their treason and replaced with media that isn't trying to incite a civil war and overthrow the leadership of the US.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I really hope Trump does something about the MSM. They need to be held accountable for their treason and replaced with media that isn't trying to incite a civil war and overthrow the leadership of the US.

What can he do?
Any ideas?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You call yourself "TrueAmerican" and yet you're here saying we should remove the Freedom of the Press and Freedom of Speech by Executive Order.

Amazing.

Truly UnAmerican I'd say.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: trollz

What can he do?
Any ideas?

I can't find the exact thread but another member posted a thread a few days ago and pointed out that the MSM gets a ton of income from pharmaceutical companies to push their ads and commercials. Disallowing pharmaceutical companies from using the TV to advertise drugs, many of which have very dangerous side effects, is not only a moral thing to do, but would hurt the MSM quite a bit. If nothing else, the possibility of such could be used to at least persuade them to operate in a more honest manner.
Trump could also overturn that one thing that once again allowed government agencies such as the CIA to directly use the MSM to manipulate the public.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'm all for freedom of the press. We don't have that though. We are far closer to having state run media where 90% of the media represents and is in cahoots with the democrats. The media trends closely to being a political party which has control of the airwaves.

Worse is this younger generation is getting bombarded from all angles, all day, every day, with non stop propaganda. And that's putting us at risk of a future civil war. The indoctrination is strong, media, schools, internet platforms and it's just raining down on these kids who are being programmed.

We already know our educational system has changed to developing followers instead of individuality and freedom of thought. Mix that with the above and we're seeing an entire generation of robots which the state run liberal MSM has on strings, as puppets.

MSM says sit, they sit. MSM says jump, they jump. MSM says protest, they riot, without any need to consider what's really happening or has happened.
edit on 31-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
In Australia we already have laws that protect us during elections from the sort of rubbish that America was subjected to.

Just copy ours and then you can throw them all in prison where they belong.

Lying to the people in a democracy is an offense against the very fabric of democracy.

P

Lmao, yeah get that ABC news into ya, very trustworthy stuff mate.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

I've been wondering, if some money banking bigshot individual ever in their entire career works at Goldman Sachs, does that mean that "they are Goldman Sachs" for the rest of their life?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The whole thing is based on media manipulation to make people go out and buy a product, they don't really want or need. This has been applied to the News to try and sell people the Democratic message, but after all these years watching the country fall apart, that's all it was a message and the sell just wasn't working anymore. However those that have been profiting from the Clintons and Obamas have been doing very well. Riding along on various scams, their problem is the scams are punishable by long terms in prison. So they wont be going quietly until they are arrested.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join