It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Main Stream Media Fake News And Political Bias Is A National Security Issue

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
And I believe they need to be shut down by Executive Order for the utter crap they spewed all throughout the election. Bias has penetrated MSM reporting to such an extent that they live in a self-perpetuating world of illusion and fantasy. To say they are disconnected entirely from at least half of the American people would be an understatement.

One need look no further than the outcome of the 2016 election to see this truth. They were so utterly wrong, and so entirely off base, that they should never EVER be trusted again with the reporting of anything other than sports and the weather- and maybe a science article or two.

Political bias in journalism has been used as a weapon against the people, when in reality bias should be nowhere near true, integral journalism. And therefore I contend that this bias is now a matter of National Security- because of the shear scale of their influence. It has been a matter of National Security for a long time- and yet somehow we have lucked out that they have not caused WWIII. Any member of ATS who has been here a while knows this.

Had the American people not woken up and elected Trump, right now I seriously believe Hillary would have the Persian gulf under lock down in preparation, at the very least, to destroy Iran. Missiles would be encircling the Russians too, and we all know how Putin feels about that.

We threw out the globalists, and now we need to throw out their mouthpieces too. Because all they exist to do now is to undermine every single action that President Trump is taking at every turn. He does not trust them, even though he still gives them chances for interviews. It is no wonder that Trump continues to tweet his own statements, so that the American people can see directly what he said. This is far better than some twisted, agenda-driven, lamestream media spin on his words.

I am in total favor of the White House expanding their media pool to include certain bloggers, and give these guys a chance and push the MSM jerks aside. I hope they do it. Because if the bias is allowed to continue unabated in MSM journalism, I sincerely believe they may start WWIII through either erroneous, or inflammatory reporting. They already tried to do it with reports on the travel ban.

And if WWIII isn't enough, how about them starting a civil war right here in America through the same nefarious means? Just look around at all the division they are creating, like a huge wind gale feeding a raging forest fire. Their bias has shown repeatedly in reporting on race issues and crime.

So therefore, I will say again with certainty-

Main Stream Media Fake News And Political Bias Is A National Security Issue

And something needs to be done about it, officially. If a news organization cannot prove its neutrality in reporting news, and especially politically charged news, then they should be removed, banned or barred from further reporting on such issues.

The right to free speech was intended for the average person. I don't believe it was intended for a global network of news organizations hellbent on shaping public opinion. So no, don't even try bringing up the First Amendment here. You've been pre-empted. Soros and the like, you can go to hell. Your globalization is unraveling at the seams.

So let's stop this insanity, Mr. Trump. Appoint someone who understands this to head the FCC. And maybe just maybe, grant him or her the right to issue one regulation (and I know you hate government regulations)- a regulation is needed to stop these snowflakes once and for all.

Bias-neutral large scale journalism, or we stick with the bloggers.

edit on Tue Jan 31st 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
In Australia we already have laws that protect us during elections from the sort of rubbish that America was subjected to.

Just copy ours and then you can throw them all in prison where they belong.

Lying to the people in a democracy is an offense against the very fabric of democracy.

P

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
And despite all of the MSM bull#, the people saw right through it.

I would not support rounding up the liars. Let them spew their crap and serve as an example, each and every day of his presidency, why America needed Trump.

edit on 31-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Well ok, let's see. For every new regulation, Trump says we have to eliminate two. New regulation: No more biased reporting from the MSM. Eliminate: Taxes and illegals.

There, we're done.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The MSM IS a national security issue. I think it's the number one problem right now. Number two being the Federal Reserve and three being lobbyism.

BUT, the scary part is how all these new regressive leftists think that the MSM is no problem, nah, no problem at all! Yeah no bias from them or globalism agenda, nah they are JUST fine because they hate Trump!

How sick is that?!?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Did the Media Lies do more to help Donald Trump WIN? Or, did they prevent him from winning the popular vote?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

We threw out the globalists, and now we need to throw out their mouthpieces too. Because all they exist to do now is to undermine every single action that President Trump is taking at every turn. He does not trust them, even though he still gives them chances for interviews. It is no wonder that Trump continues to tweet his own statements, so that the American people can see directly what he said. This is far better than some twisted, agenda-driven, lamestream media spin on his words.

Not that I agree with the mouthpieces nor support that their political agenda but the problem is then you have a state run media(again such as it catered to the Obama Admin and DNC) and more so, similar to RT.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Did the Media Lies do more to help Donald Trump WIN? Or, did they prevent him from winning the popular vote?

I honestly believe he won the popular vote, if you discount all the illegal's votes and dead people voting from the grave.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It doesn't matter who won the popular vote. All things being equal, the left dominates California and NY. Thank goodness the constitution contemplated that very scenario, preventing the tyranny of a simple majority in a handful of states from imposing its will upon the entire nation.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Ive thought about this and its not the lies that bother me the most.
What bothers me the most is when they half report truth or report full truth but put such a spin on it that you end up thinking something completely different to whats actually happened.

I think rather than taking out/over the MSM they should break the monpolies and encourage a more diverse market than what we currently have. What we currently have is everything we read and see in the MSM basically presenting the worldview of just 2 individuals
edit on 31/1/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Why is it that the people throwing out the over-used term "snowflakes", are always the ones crying like little girls?
Really I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

We could create a MSM game along the lines of theres waldo .Have points being scored for spin left ,spin right ,lies and just good old propaganda .A fun game the whole family could play .

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

I honestly believe he won the popular vote, if you discount all the illegal's votes and dead people voting from the grave.
The popular vote in the US does not equate to who will be the president in the US . In Canada it kind of works the same way .1 party can receive 1 million votes and only win one seat while another party can get 10 seats with the same amount of votes . Its just the way it is and all the politicians both in Canada and the US know this or at least they should . Its just that the people either don't know ,don't care to know and the MSM can and will spin it if its what they are being told to do .

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

And I believe they need to be shut down by Executive Order for the utter crap they spewed all throughout the election

All I see in your OP is any excuse to silence the media because you don't agree with them. And who's going to replace the media? Media you agree with? Breitbart? WND?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

And I believe they need to be shut down by Executive Order for the utter crap they spewed all throughout the election

All I see in your OP is any excuse to silence the media because you don't agree with them. And who's going to replace the media? Media you agree with? Breitbart? WND?

Is that what you got from my OP? Wow. I talked explicitly about bias, especially political bias, and how they were dead wrong about the elections, and how they show their bias in reporting on crime and race issues. I didn't even say anywhere that I didn't agree with them. I didn't have to say it. They were fricken dead wrong. I think you need to lay off the booze, man.

And as far as the President's actions are concerned, twitter is providing a well received platform for Trump to talk to us directly. Who woulda thunk it? No media spin or lies. I love it.

edit on Tue Jan 31st 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I talked explicitly about bias, especially political bias,

Yes, you want the president, the Federal government, to shut down media organisations from being 'biased'. Biased in your view. 'Biased' in Trumps view. You want to force the media to either follow your view or be under threat of being shut down.

It's there right in your OP. This is what you want. You whined about Obama's actions over the years but here you are, under a Trump presidency, advocating for government control, regulation over what the media reports. You're not for the constitution at all.

and how they were dead wrong about the elections,

Many media organisations got the elections wrong including Nate Silvers 538 where he gave Hillary a 78% chance of winning. This isn't bias.

and how they show their bias in reporting on crime and race issues.

Like when Trump posted black crime statistics that originated from a white nationalist website and was utterly debunked?
www.politifact.com...

But you want the government to shut down media organisations who are, in your view, bias.

I want you to think about what you're saying here.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Still, Southern Guardian makes a valid point. Who becomes the arbiter of truth?

Personally, I prefer making my own judgments about the truth. I don't need to exchange the abuses of one group of people for the abuses of another.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Yikes, I just threw up in my mouth a little when you just said that. I am in complete shock that people like you can sit there and agree with the amount of lies that the MSM tells on a daily basis.

Something needs to happen to root this # out. I'm not saying state-ran media, but all the libs LOVE regulations, maybe we can agree on some serious regulations in the media?!? Lying to fit an agenda, a political one to benefit billionaires like Soros should be punishable by life in prison. Agreed?

You know....something like that though..... It would involve tremendous heaps of common sense.. something liberals hate!!

OMG!! Let's put our thinking caps on here!
edit on 31-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

There are no longer any answers, just more questions.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I am in complete shock that people like you can sit there and agree with the amount of lies that the MSM tells on a daily basis.

But you're fine with the Federal government, the whitehouse, shutting down media organisations they deem 'bias' as the OP is advocating for?

Imagine this was Obama?

How many times did you complain about Obama as president?

Yet here you are, agreeing with an OP advocating for shutting down media organisations based on what he considers 'bias'.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join