It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protections for L.G.B.T. Workers Will Remain Under President Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: badpuppeh

They were not your friends to begin with. You're better off, BadPuppeh.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Better start doing more things like this. He's got a lot of blood boiling right now.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
He's the first president to not use the LGBT community to hustle for votes from either evangelicals or their opposites.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Um, how about most from that community. Google it. Should take 30 seconds to find hundreds of pages showing their irrational and unsupported fear that Trump was anti-gay.

I thought that was about his comments about not being in favour of gay marriage? Even that doesn't suggest he is 'anti-gay', but it's a very different subject isn't it? He's already passed one EO around stopping federal money being used for provision of abortion services or even information around abortion for US groups that we using such funding for providing such services overseas, so it's fairly clear he is acting on his beliefs, some of which some people will be in favour of while others will not.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I know that, now at least. But still, one thing I hate is to see people I care about being purposely mislead, but really at the end of the day, the only people I can protect are me and mine. I can hope that one day they see through the nonsense, but until such a time as identity politics and outrage culture come to a definite end, I don't see it happening.

And if I am being completely honest, as a white gay guy, I have not really been welcome to the club for a good while now, it has been taken over and systematically white gay men ( and to an extent even black gay men ) are being shoved aside in favor of the holy grail of minority oppression, the black transgender woman. At the end of the day, it isn't really a big deal, as I am an adult and these people have never spoken for me as I can speak for myself. But i do feel bad for the kids that are coming up and being indoctrinated into this mindset. Just like my generation had it easier to be gay than the one before me, these kids have it easier than I did. When I was a kid, it was still a common thing to be taken out and beaten for being gay and not that everyone turned a blind eye to it, there weren't a lot of people up in arms about it either.

I will go ahead and end this since it's is starting to get a bit off topic, my coffee level is low right now and I will end up rambling. I just long for a day when I can just be a person, not a "gay man" that is all I or most gay people ever have wanted, and these people are dead set on excluding themselves which is counterproductive to everything that has been fought for.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
He's the first president to not use the LGBT community to hustle for votes from either evangelicals or their opposites.

How soon they all forget that the ones they claim are champions were the enemy not so long ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

What? You mean we aren't going to start rounding up the gays and start deporting them countries who will throw them off buildings or something?

Gosh! Now what will they ever march against?

Oh, that's right ...

They're boycotting the small business owner who dared shake Trump's hand over small business regulation reform.

#hoagielivesmatter

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join