It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protections for L.G.B.T. Workers Will Remain Under President Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I for one am happy to see this. I've always said that President Trump was pro LGBTQ and it was Pence we all needed to worry about. I now have a NYT article to show people when they say otherwise. So happy to see this. Now can we please stop trying to impeach the guy. Pence is way too conservative for my taste.

In a statement issued in response to growing questions about whether Mr. Trump would reverse the Obama order, the White House said the president was proud to embrace gay rights.

“President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of L.G.B.T.Q. rights, just as he was throughout the election,” the statement said. “The president is proud to have been the first ever G.O.P. nominee to mention the L.G.B.T.Q. community in his nomination acceptance speech, pledging then to protect the community from violence and oppression.”

mobile.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Most people don't know Pence, or Trump for that matter. So I doubt anyone will stop trying to impeach him.

And if Trump does want to get something by the people, the inflammatory rhetoric will distract people from the real agenda.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Has anyone tried to impeach him?

Good news that he will let the federal rule stand.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I guess not formally. Do you disagree with my statement?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I'm happy he put that rumor to rest.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I guess not formally. Do you disagree with my statement?

I agree with your statement, although I'm sure it doesn't mean as much...as if Phage agreed with your statement.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I don't think you have to worry about it. The SCOTUS already settled this.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Haha, don't be so hard on yourself. I don't need self reassurance from anyone. I'll be wrong some times and right sometimes.

Hell, I hope I'm wrong this time... Though I doubt it.
edit on 31-1-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Did 13672 go before the Court?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Good point. So no worries.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Another lie about Trump debunked.

I wonder how many from that community will actually hear about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

What lie?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Good as it should stay. I hope his followers accept this as well as some were against those protections.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
Good as it should stay. I hope his followers accept this as well as some were against those protections.

I think it would be a fun challenge to see how many Trump supporters actually would be against it. I think the "boogeyman" hateful white supremacist gay hating myth (from the majority) would be put to rest. Because it's all BS.

The MSM has created a BS lie, and liberals can't stop feeding off of it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Yes, that lie.

On the list of things to worry about, who consenting adults choose to sleep with shouldn't be on the list at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

True, but there may be some far right wingers who will be pounding their chests screaming "Un 'merican!".

At the same time, you will have the far left still screaming "HES TAKING AWAY MY RIGHTS AS A MEMBER OF THE LGBT COMMUNITY" and making videos to push their own form of hate speech

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Those on the far right certainly are against LGBT's rights. No worries thought as the SCOTUS already settled this.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I've always been thankful that Donald Trump isn't a "pure" Republican.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Oh you mean the lie that Trump is against LGBT? I don't think anybody believes that, especially those on the left. Caitlyn Jenner remember?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

After reading the article you posted in more depth, I see that these "protections" are limited as to whom in our society they apply to...

"The Obama order banned companies that do federal work from discriminating against gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees. It was the first time the government explicitly protected federal workers from discrimination based on gender identity."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join