It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are The 'All Lives Matter' Supporters Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cantthinkofausername

The BLM movement has become a joke, so there's really no reason to counter their ignorant rantings and ravings by anyone anymore. The "All Lives Matter" movement (which wasn't really a movement, just a rebuttal) doesn't need to keep beating a dead horse anymore.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

You shamed them out of existence by telling them they were being hateful to speak that phrase because it was a racist attempt to rob the BLM movement of its legitimacy.

So if you want that group to show up now, it's all your own fault.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: seagull

Maybe it would be helpful if you said what you mean instead of hinting that Obama did the same thing.

Obama did, so did Carter.

They put temporary stays on processing of people coming to this country from another country for one reason or the other. Obama did it for people coming from Iraq and Carter did it for those coming from Iran. Earlier than that, it was done to those coming from Cambodia and they tried to get a halt on the Vietnamese too at one point.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Masterful thread, haha. Bravo.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Oh, so you were just being trolls for trolling sake? While BLM had real issues to address in regard to police brutality against blacks (which has been a problem since the end of slavery), you guys were just yelling that to troll?

Thanks for the honesty.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Oh, so you were just being trolls for trolling sake? While BLM had real issues to address in regard to police brutality against blacks (which has been a problem since the end of slavery), you guys were just yelling that to troll?

Thanks for the honesty.

BLM became a joke when they protested in ways that had nothing to do with their stated purpose and problem.

How does blocking highways have anything to do with a supposedly racist justice system? You would think you would want to go and protest at police departments and/or courthouses or even state houses. But no, you had to get in the way of average folks trying to go from place to place. That does not make you sympathetic. It pisses people off to the point where they really don't care.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

First off, I'm not one of the "you guys" whom you are referencing. Yes, I believe that all lives matter--I'm quite pro-life for all races--but I was never out yelling that all lives matter in response to BLM. Furthermore, I specifically stated my comment in a way that I thought made it pretty clear that I was speaking matter-of-factly concerning those who did rally and protest on behalf of the ALM movement, and no way did I EVER state that I was one of those people.

On top of that, I agree that, in some instances, BLM has absolute legitimacy in their protests and concerns over police interactions with black people, but I will adamantly deny that their methods are always legal and just, nor that their legitimacy exists in every issue and incident against which they protest.

So, I agree that I was being honest in every word of my comment to which you replied, but not in the way that you twisted and bastardized my comment. But, hey, you attempted to mischaracterize me as a troll while trolling me at the same time--you get an 'A' for effort.

ETA: And it says volumes without saying a word that you mischaracterized me the way that you did while parading "Malcolm X" as your avatar image. But you do get credit in that his belief--"By any means necessary"--surely seems to mirror the BLM approach to "peaceful protests." At least you're consistent.
edit on 1-2-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join