It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Fires Acting Attorney General

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: skynet2015
thus far, Trump has not acted as an autocrat. He was elected by a specific segment of the population based on a short but recognizable platform. Those people wearing MAGA hats cheered and called for virtually every single executive order and presidential action Trump has taken.

This doesn't make him a good or bad person, but it does make him the most effectual populist president in generations. Trump has attempted to transliterate the demands of the people at his crowds wearing those red hats, and has attempted to literally fulfill the promises, no matter how absurd, that he made on the podium.

historically, this is revolutionary. That is not to say this is a good or bad thing. But it is definitely revolutionary. And why? Because the tradition of presidential candidates is to promise much and deliver close to nothing related to their promises.

Traditionally, presidents claim 100% of X, deliver 10-20% of X, and then institute and deliver another 80-200% of unrelated Y.

Trump is currently hovering at somewhere around 70-95% delivery of X, and his unrelated Y is almost negligible, but among those actions we have things like the Tech and Space sector.

In judging Trump, it is extremely kind to judge him based on his delivery of his promises to the MAGA red hats. If you are not among that circle, you may find him apocalyptic, despotic, and horrifying. That's fair, considering the MAGA hat agenda is so polarizing.

But we must not make the mistake of claiming the majority of Trump's decisions are his own. They are almost a perfect facsimile of the red hats. Traditional Autocrats do things that please the people, but they are still their own deeds and decisions, and often they are bribes for the masses. What Trump is doing is an agenda of a new political segment. He is not acting alone.

Could you make it less clear what side you are on? I know you TRIED to be impartial there, but you failed.

How?

His platform, or is it the red hats platform, is "controversial"?

Only to those opposed to reason.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
a reply to: FauxMulder
Boy you're right, heating up fast. Strange thing is though, is it unprecedented for president to start firing 10 days out the gate? What's unprecedented, the firing or the ban on immigration from 7 nations of concern?

It looks like these nations were nations of concern, but is that grounds to ban immigrants, not just refugees? We're not at war, technically, with any of them, right? Not friends to be sure.

February 18 2016:
www.dhs.gov - DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program...

Here's some history. I'm not sure what it all means yet:
networklobby.org - The History of Immigration Policies in the U.S...

He wouldn't have had to fire her if the dems didn't hold up the Jeff Sessions confirmation.

Trump can ban pretty much anyone he wants.

You think anyone has a constitutional right to get into the USA?

They don't.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Start at 1:28 for the best part....

Goes to Show what Trump Capability's are ..

you dont have time to be Sympathetic ... Period ....

a no #s to give attitude

the Politicians and the Military Brass that watched this show were saying ohh #!
when he got Elected .. LOL

even more so !! with James Mattis came as United States Secretary of Defense...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: crazyewok

she wasn't a judge, she was the acting head lawyer( Attorney Genreal).

Tomato tomatoe.

My point still stands, i am not a fan of sacking people to create a echo chamber of yes men.

I agree with the ban, hell i dont think it goes far enough as Saudi Arabia and pakistan should be top of that list!

I just dont like the methods used to get there.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

The Dems are blocking the appointment of Sessions as AG.
Obamas AG wouldn't defend the order, is it any wonder she got the boot?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
More
The Democrats are delaying my cabinet picks for purely political reasons. They have nothing going but to obstruct. Now have an Obama A.G.

edit on 31-1-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The AG is required to comply with EO's.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is getting ridiculous. Mr. DANA BOENTE has been appointed as the new ACTING Attorney General. He'll be acting for 4 days. That's the estimate of how long it will take for the Senate to confirm Jess Sessions as the permanent Attorney General.

Source: www.washingtonpost.com... y.html?utm_term=.4a3eda15c833

BTW..CNN is now comparing Donald Trump to Richard Nixon... who "massacred" government departments, with mass firings.
edit on 1/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Actually the leader does what leaders do, he leads.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: shooterbrody

Fine line between insubordination and insurrection when a government agency head goes against a Presidential EO.

This acting AG made a "determination" without a precedent.

Very Very dangerous.

Dangerous indeed.

The internal actions of Government at the end of the Obozo administration are indicative of the recklessness of the JV team he assembled.

The Dems are lining up reasons for Trump to seize Executive Power by the throat and choke the living daylights out of someone. It's like they're trying to provoke him into doing something rash. To what ends??

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   
If I went into work and declared I'm refusing to do my job I think I'd get fired too. Oh well, another Obama appointee canned. Certainly no great loss.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Who does that an expects to keep their job. Think some of these folks are brain dead or trying to look politically correct to impress their peers or the public.

They take an oath to uphold the Constitution, not uphold the President's orders without question. I find it very telling that Dana Boente said: "I am honored to serve President Trump in this role..." and not "I am honored to serve my country in this role."

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

BTW..CNN is now comparing Donald Trump to Richard Nixon... who "massacred" government departments, with mass firings.

And don't forget antagonizing the press! Trump won't be happy until the First Amendment is repealed.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Actually the dictator does what dictators do, he dictates.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Actually the dictator does what dictators do, he dictates.

Exactly. Leaders accept responsibility for their actions. Trump consistently blames others. He is not a leader, but a dictator.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

Hahah the people who have been getting gas lit for the past 2 years are now misusing the same term. Oh, man it doesn't get any better than this.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

What actions should Trump take responsibility for? Signing the EO? I think he clearly took responsibility for that...I think he is quite proud of it. You don't sound coherent in your thought process.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Well ... that'll just about serve as a lesson to anyone foolish enough to fart in the company of the most powerful man on Earth.

No kidding!
You would think someone in the justice department who wanted to keep their job would know something about the laws they are tasked to uphold.. Evidently Obama appointed government lawyer Sally Yates of the justice department needed a little reminding.. Wonder how much the swamp fell with her firing; at least a couple of molecules, but hey it is a start and sets the tone.

There is a law on the books that dates all the way back to 1952 and is called McCarran-Walter Act of 1952 .. Jimmy Carter used it to remove 15000 of which 7000 were Iranian students and block all Iranian travel to the states back in 1979 .

the McCarran-Walter Act, the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1952 allows for the "Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by the President, whenever the President finds that the entry of aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States. The President may, by proclamation, and for such a period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or non-immigrants or impose any restrictions on the entry of aliens he may deem to be appropriate."

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So let me get this strait....

If a lowly county clerk refuses to rubber stamp a form, because of personal beliefs, for a deviant lifestyle. They deserve to loose their position, drummed out of any public work, attacked verbally, publicly humiliated, with threats if harm.

If a bakery owner who can barely make ends meet refuses service for a ceremony he does not believe in, he should be closed down. All his assets taken. Protested. Life ruined. Basically everything but drawn and quartered.

If a pizza shop will not fulfill an order to customers he does not want to because of his ethics and morals. He deserves to live in a gutter the rest of his life. Instead of just going someplace else for pizza, all energy is focused on ruining this persons way of life.

If however the acting Attorney General who swore an oath to the Constitution, and to uphold the laws of the United States, willfully defies direct orders and an Executive Order from the President of the United States. She needs to be raised up on shoulders. Praised from the highest rafters for sticking to her morals and ethics. No repercussions should be enacted upon for her speaking her piece. After all, she has the right to voice her feelings! After all, we are all allowed our own views, right?

OK, I get it...

Hypocrite much????

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No, unlike democrats who think they can just do whatever the F# they want, whenever the F# they want, Trump, like all good bosses expects the rules to be followed.

Don't follow them?

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

...which is just exactly as it should be!

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

He’s not messing around, he will do what he must to protect the American people, and fling any political insects that get in his way, of doing what is right for the country, out of the way. I knew I liked this man when I first heard him speak. He is keeping all of his promises, and not backing down, and this is exactly what we voted for!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join