It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Grambler

you would have thought that Trump was rounding up Muslims and shipping them out. This is garbage.

Not garbage. Fact. Rounding them up at airports here and also abroad if they were supposed to be coming here. The ones in flight already? Too bad....turn around and go home. Now.

Well as I mentioned in the OP, I clearly think this was a mistake. I don't think the supposed risk of letting people know like 10 days ahead of time outweighs the fact that there were literally people on flights that had no idea of the new order when they landed and were affected by it. This was a very bad way to roll this out in my opinion.

However, lets keep it in perspective. Its temporary, only 109 or so people were detained (which is bad and I feel for those people), and it seems as if most of the problems are now being worked out, such as green card holders, exemptions for people, and even the 800 refugees being granted exemptions to stay.

Many people have been hysterical saying this is the end of America, and its certainly not even close to that.

I think that it is ok to admit the roll out of this was bad, but still not think this makes Trump the devil.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

a reply to: loam

Minor issue?

MINOR ISSUE?

Tell that to the Syrian Christian family who were allowed refugee status and then harangued when they got here.
Minor issue my shiny hiney. Repealing The Affordable Care Act (yes, by the way, that IS OBAMACARE - unbelievably some people don't realize they are the same thing!) would rip insurance OUT from under 18 million people who need it.

If that were to happen, many will die waiting for it to be settled. Babies and bathwater come to mind. Collateral damage. Cost control. Hatred and fear overriding common decency and humane actions. Trump is not a normal person. He can't run us all like he's a king. He just thinks he can.

There will be pushback.
I'm out.

Where was the left's outrage when Obama was droning the ME and then hiding the number of collateral deaths? Would you say those families were inconvenienced less than the few this week that had to stay in airports a few extra hours while things got sorted out?

With respect to the ACA, Trump has already made clear he will only support a repeal and replace strategy. So what is your point again?
edit on 31-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I was outraged and I talked about it all the time. So, it was here. You just didn't bother to notice it.
I and many like me have been outraged by the ongoing drone program since it started. WE WANTED IT TO STOP.

We want it to STOP NOW, while Trump intends to nuke them!

VIOLENCE begets more violence. I have been saying this the entire time I've been on this board (approaching six years). It is obvious that terrorists were CREATED by that program. YES we bitched about it and wanted it to stop. YES we knew it was exacerbating things. YES we are appalled at the "collateral damage." WE THINK WE SHOULD AMELIORATE IT by at least treating the survivors with dignity and grace.

Don't yammer to me about 'collateral damage' like you just heard of it! THE MORE WE INVADE AND BOMB, THE WORSE IT GETS.

edit on 1/31/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Minor issue?

MINOR ISSUE?

Tell that to the Syrian Christian family who were allowed refugee status and then harangued when they got here.
Minor issue my shiny hiney. Repealing The Affordable Care Act (yes, by the way, that IS OBAMACARE - unbelievably some people don't realize they are the same thing!) would rip insurance OUT from under 18 million people who need it.

If that were to happen, many will die waiting for it to be settled. Babies and bathwater come to mind. Collateral damage. Cost control. Hatred and fear overriding common decency and humane actions. Trump is not a normal person. He can't run us all like he's a king. He just thinks he can.

There will be pushback.
I'm out.

Where was the left's outrage when Obama was droning the ME and then hiding the number of collateral deaths? Would you say those families were inconvenienced less than the few this week that had to stay in airports a few extra hours while things got sorted out?

With respect to the ACA, Trump has already made clear he will only support a repeal and replace strategy. So what is your point again?

For christ's sake, make up your mind. YOU brought up both of those things. Not I.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

That is good.

But let's not pretend that this week's blunder is even in the same universe as the droning issue in terms of deserved outrage and impact on human lives.

In my view, the number one mistake the left is making with respect to Trump is they are at LEVEL 10 about EVERYTHING he does or might do.

God help us if Trump ever does something that in fact does require scorn and resistance. If that time ever comes, the needed voices will be drowned by the sea of BS the left has spewed.

Perhaps you should reassess your definition of juvenile.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
nm

Yeah? The maniac in the white house is terrifying and not to be trusted. How about that.

Terrifying. Perhaps you should do some reading up on tyrants and despots.

HA! I win.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

HA! I win.

M'kay. If you think so.

edit on 31-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

[ discussing ways to effectively vet refugees.]

We don't need water-boarding anyways. Do some people really believe that was our only effective method for extracting information? Little do they know.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
you guys, this thread was started by Grambler, with a very civil and realistic OP.

It's too bad you can't live up to his request.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

HA! I win.

THAT is the real issue here.

You and the dems did NOT win. No participation medal in this one. You have no house, no senate, no potus, and soon no scotus. You have lost and worse you have no idea what it means to lose with dignity. WINNING is more important to you people than the country. Keep up with the trump is a demon crap tho, it will ENSURE another term for him.

After all this is a TEMPORARY ban you are flipping out about.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

FFS I was being facetious, as if any of us are "winning" anything.

Lighten up.

What is spreading today is repressive kleptocracy, led by rulers motivated by greed rather than by the deranged idealism of Hitler or Stalin or Mao. Such rulers rely less on terror and more on rule-twisting, the manipulation of information, and the co-optation of elites.

How to Build An Autocracy

I suggest everyone take a few deep breaths and read this article today. I know you are not a hater, you have spoken civilly to me before.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

NO
No more comparisons to dictators
trump is doing the same thing with the same order other potus have done
He is within his executive powers to remove ANY head of ANY administration or cabinet that answers to the potus
NONE of this is illegal which is why NO court has overturned any of this

You ask for civility after posting an article referencing hitler stalin or mao.???
No thank you, what you are offering is in no way civility.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Trump is scared. That is why all this chaos. He knows that an attack because of his winning has increased tremendously. So now, we all have to suffer. He has a lot to live up to after the past 8 years of not having another 911.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

National Security: One irony of the controversial new policy is that while its refugee ban and visa suspensions are purported to combat terrorism, the seven countries affected have not been the source of deadly attacks on U.S. soil . On top of that, the travel ban risks fueling ISIS propaganda that casts the Muslim world as America’s enemy. Elsewhere in national-security news, Trump raised even more eyebrows this weekend by appointing former Breitbart executive chair Steve Bannon to the National Security Council—while limiting the presence of the director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It’s the first time a political strategist will get a seat at that table .

this was from The Atlantic's daily newsletter. I get it in my email. Actual real news and investigative journalism, professionally sourced and fact-checked prior to publishing.

It's about as fair and balanced as media can get. Check it out.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Holy hell, brody! that's ridiculous. You didn't even read the entire sentence? Please calm down. I am trying to ease the fears and hatred from both sides!

It says he is NOT BEING COMPARED to them, silly!

What is spreading today is repressive kleptocracy, led by rulers motivated by greed rather than by the deranged idealism of Hitler or Stalin or Mao.

Such rulers [that are motivated by greed rather than idealism - such as Trump] rely less on terror and more on rule-twisting, the manipulation of information, and the co-optation of elites.

See? SEE how he is? See how you overreacted just because some bad guys were named as the thing TRUMP IS NOT? You were too blinded by whatever hatred and defensiveness to even comprehend a simple sentence!

Get a grip. Seriously, the statement says he IS NOT LIKE THEM. He is, instead, a kleptocrat. Read it. Calm down!

Or don't. I don't care. Have it your way....now be sure to make a thread saying that the linked article is saying he's like Hitler or Stalin.

SEE HOW IT GETS SPUN OUT OF CONTROL?

Stop doing that. Don't be fake news.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Then what "ruler" were you referring to buzzy? Who do we need to watch out for?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Falling hard for the alt-Alinsky tactics I see.

MSM has you all BS'd up.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I read the piece.
The entire article is a trump hit piece.
What is funny is while the big O was in office people on the right DID call congressmen and senators.
When the election came people on the right did show up and vote.
All the things the last 2 paragraphs are telling leftys to do now.

Who last pushed legislation through with no help from the opposing party buzzy?

edit on 31/1/2017 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

link   

read the article, brody. I quoted directly from the article. They are talking about rulers like Trump, and how he's not like those guys!

Feck!!

link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you are fake news, bro.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join