It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Since Trump does not seem to have any system, is your question rhetorical?

He has a system, just not one that panders to the extreme leftists.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Then why doesn't he implement it immediately?
Is it a secret? How does extreme vetting work?

edit on 1/31/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hours, days, weeks.
How many weeks is immediate?

I'll bet Pelosi still is holding her pens.

Get over it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

US Immigration worldwide limit - 675,000

I don't see why it is pertinent, but this is how I understand US immigration quota.

Current vetting relies on a database concerning the individual.
If any of their immediate family have been killed as a result of US meddling, that should be discovered as well, before they might retaliate. That's my guess as to what is happening, there could be other factors not being addressed as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

I don't see why it is pertinent, but this is how I understand US immigration quota.
It's pertinent because you seem to think there are more "deserving" refugees than those from Syria, for example. But refugees are considered separately from other immigrants, while there is an overall limit there as well. Your link clarifies that.

Current vetting relies on a database concerning the individual.
If any of their immediate family have been killed as a result of US meddling, that should be discovered as well, before they might retaliate.
Do you have reason to think it has not been considered?

edit on 1/31/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

you would have thought that Trump was rounding up Muslims and shipping them out. This is garbage.

Not garbage. Fact. Rounding them up at airports here and also abroad if they were supposed to be coming here. The ones in flight already? Too bad....turn around and go home. Now.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

refugees don't just get allowed into the country all of a sudden like.

there's a way to ping this with something about turning left, lol -- but it's too early in the morning for me to put it together...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   
No Trump supporter will accept that the King OompaLoompa is out of his mind. Why even have this discourse?
edit on Tue January 31st, 2017 by damwel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
What I don't understand is how could the vetting procedures be any more extreme than they already are?

To get into the USA refugees already have to go through the worlds most exhaustive and extreme vetting system.

Is Trump just going to suspend it for 90 days, then reinstate the same system of extreme vetting and declare it a glorious victory?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I deal with facts rather than opinions.
As of this AM, 31, Jan. 2017
872 waivers have been granted from the seven banned countries.
In other words the in-flow has slowed very little.

Buck

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

And keep in mind the director of the FBI said this.
But what he said is that if someone has a clean record, they still can't be trusted. So, how does "extreme vetting" get around that?

Water-boarding. Didn't Trump mention he wanted to reintroduce water-boarding?
Yes, but he said a few days ago that he will go with Mattis's stance which is NOT TO DO IT.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

If any of their immediate family have been killed as a result of US meddling, that should be discovered as well, before they might retaliate. That's my guess as to what is happening, there could be other factors not being addressed as well.

Maybe we shouldn't have bombed civilian areas. Ya think? But we did. So now we have victims and survivors. They didn't ask for that treatment, now they need help.

Are there some who might snap? Yep, but there are homegrown people with arsenals who "snap" too -- and knowing how or when someone will react or 'snap' after such a trauma is impossible. Even the most skilled interviewer can't always predict it. "He seemed so normal!" said the neighbors. Or the interviewer.

The guy at Cabella's had no background infractions, or evidence anywhere of mental health -- he can have a machine gun, sure!
It's like asking for the Carfax when the wreck was never reported in the first place. You can't tell what someone will do with 100% accuracy. But intercepting them en route after they have already been checked out is the sort of thing

THAT WILL RECRUIT MORE TERRORISTS. Good god. It's amazing how this doesn't seem to sink in.
We broke their lives.

edit on 1/31/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
How do you Trump people reconcile the disparity between "We are going to round up all the Muslims and put them on a registry, round up all the "illegals" (they are people, bro!) and deport them." with "I have no problems with Muslims. I like Muslims, I love them, and they love me."

"I love the Mexican people. They're great! I have no problem with Mexicans, they love me, too - they are tremendous people. Wonderful people. They like me!"

vs

"we're gonna build a wall, a fantastic, impenetrable, giant thick wall, and Mexico will not only thank us, they will pay for it!" (paraphrasing what I heard - might not be verbatim quotes)

How do you so blithely forget such things? He is unstable and has no filter or insight at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

No worse a blunder than 'if you like your doctor or insurance plan, you can keep your doctor or plan' or 'healthcare will be cheaper' or 'oops...healtcare.gov 404'

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

And btw, OP, this thread took guts, and I appreciate it.

S/F

We need more of this and less demonizing of everyone.

except Trump - he's a demon.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

No worse a blunder than 'if you like your doctor or insurance plan, you can keep your doctor or plan' or 'healthcare will be cheaper' or 'oops...healtcare.gov 404'
DUDE when are you going to stop pointing at other people's mistakes instead of HOLDING TRUMP ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS OWN SH!T! Stop it!

It's so juvenile!! "Well, Obama did the same thing, and we punished him for eight years, and now we're going to finish punishing him and everyone who liked him because we can. And also everyone who's not okay with Trump! That will make at least twelve years of us being intransigent and obstinate. And even then, we won't stop. Ever. So booya. Take that!"

But why??

The alt-right answer: "well...., because Jesus! And muzzies! And mexicans! And the poor! And Obama! And protestors! We hate everyone! YOU ALL SUCK! EVERYONE who isn't like us!! SEA OF GLASS! Turn it into a sea of glass!"

INSANITY. And utterly revolting. There is no excuse for this behavior.
Kudos bigly to all of you who are willing to make threads like this, and the couple of others I've seen where people are saying, "Well, that didn't go the way it should have. I don't agree with this."

The rest of you? You are either cowards or HOPELESSLY infatuated with a fantasy if you don't own this nonsense as a DIRECT RESULT OF YOUR VOTE.
Go on -- keep defending him. How many more weeks are you ready to do that? Cuz...203 weeks to go....I don't see it getting sorted soon, either.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

What's revolting is to draw an equivalency between the impact of this minor issue and the one that impacted millions of Americans on the Obama Care fiasco.

Let alone the pass Obama got on the secrecy of his administration, its numerous lies, its divisive tactics, and the misery he spread across the globe.

Spare me the outrage.
edit on 31-1-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

a reply to: hounddoghowlie
Perhaps a clarification before the chest pounding would have helped the situation.
"As part of this order, we will honor the commitment made to refugees who have been previously vetted." Donald didn't think that was important.

So, the vetting was good enough for that 872? And now it isn't?

Oh come on now Phage, you are sounding extremely partisan here. You said

The 800 who have been vetted. Yes, we should allow them into the country. As we told them we would do.
Instead of, "Never mind."

And then when Trump does exactly that, instead of saying you are glad that happened, you immediately spin to different arguments.

Your type of argument here is exactly why an order was necessary in the first place. 800 people is not enough for you, is it?

If the US took in 10,000 refugees tomorrow, you would say, "Oh those 10,000 were safe, so why not the rest of the refugees waiting".

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Minor issue?

MINOR ISSUE?

Tell that to the Syrian Christian family who were allowed refugee status and then harangued when they got here.
Minor issue my shiny hiney. Repealing The Affordable Care Act (yes, by the way, that IS OBAMACARE - unbelievably some people don't realize they are the same thing!) would rip insurance OUT from under 18 million people who need it.

If that were to happen, many will die waiting for it to be settled. Babies and bathwater come to mind. Collateral damage. Cost control. Hatred and fear overriding common decency and humane actions. Trump is not a normal person. He can't run us all like he's a king. He just thinks he can.

There will be pushback.
I'm out.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Spare me the outrage.

No.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join