It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

And keep in mind the director of the FBI said this.
Yes. I don't know if the FBI database is the only one used. But I do know the vetting starts before DHS gets involved.

But what he said is that if someone has a clean record, they still can't be trusted. So, how does "extreme vetting" get around that? So, do you think Trump has any intention of resuming the processing of refugees? Ever?

I hope he will. However, as shown in Europe, many of the "refugees" are actually just economic migrants, and we have no obligation toward them in any way. We also have the right to keep anyone out if we are not certain they are safe.

Extreme vetting could include more investigation, more can not hurt. It may also mean that it raises the threshold for how much we have to know about someone before we let them in.

And you now admit, you are less concerned about the 800 or so people being inconvenienced as you are with your political belief that we should take in all of these refugees.

Please show where I said we should take in all refugees.

I didn't say all refugees, I said "these" refugees, as the ones you were talking about in your post that you said were affected by not being allowed to be in the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you want to see "poorly executed," then look at Germany's, France's, or Sweden's migrant crisis'. Trump isn't about to make THEIR mistakes. AMERICA FIRST.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree, but look at the alternative. Some people are flipping out after the fact, but now it's a fight about damage control. If he announced his intentions before the fact it would have been opposed immediately and would have looked even worse. I think that's also why he used Obama's list - to feel things out and have some protection in case it went sour.

Maybe I'm overconfident, but from what I've seen this guy knows how to play the game.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Here is a great video to watch for those who have bought into the brainwashing being promoted by the MSM and our educational system who seems to hate the Constitution!

It is really mind boggling to see those who do nothing more that bitch about the 1%, while doing EVERYTHING the 1% has directed you to do!

Immigration, World Poverty and Gumballs!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Failure at an Endeavor is Usually Followed by Success if one Learns from the Experience . I have no doubt the Trump Administration will Learn the Art of Rapid Damage Control in the Near Future .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That's much better than what the at least 1000 Cuban refugees got from Obama's arbitrary decision to suddenly end a decades old policy of offering Cubans asylum.

They were left high and dry with no option to go back.

More than 1,000 Cuban migrants who endured monthslong treks across as many as 10 countries to reach the United States are marooned in Mexico, halted by the Obama administration’s decision this month to end special immigration privileges for Cubans who make it to the American border.

www.nytimes.com...

Do you have a link to any comments of concern and outrage you may have made on behalf of these Cuban refugees?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
He did the right thing. He slammed the door quickly. We dealt with the 109 inconvenienced ones. They had to go through a few hours of extra scrutiny. But, it's over.

Donald Trump has shown me that he thinks everything through thoroughly. He had a reason for doing it the way he did.
I think it was actually brilliant and his firing of Yates tonight quickly was the right thing to do. She's a danger to our national security.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This order was done in the manner and with speed to illicit the response it got from people... But also and more importantly so that President Trump could fire Yates and with such good reason...
Trump is rather brilliant...
He will weed things out quickly...
Anyone who believes he has no plan or is acting without doing so couldn't be more wrong...
edit on 30-1-2017 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The swamp is draining day by day!

Rats are leaving the ship for their dank hidey holes!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
We are either at war or at peace. I'm not okay with some sort of bi-polar love/hate relationship.

When we are at war, it's been the policy of the US, (and common sense) to screen anyone coming from the theater of war very carefully.

WWII immigration screening

When a terrorist is KIA, someone just lost a brother, a cousin, uncle, etc. and family sizes average very high. That's not water under the bridge.

This is where extreme vetting comes in. Not just individual records, but the whole picture.

We are long past our capacity for weathering the mistakes of a half stepping, crowd appeasing, pushover of a Commander-In-Chief. It's time to correct course and take swift action.

(FWIW I considered Bush a criminal, Obama a criminal and expect Trump to extricate us from this terrorism BS in record time.)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

When we are at war, it's been the policy of the US, (and common sense) to screen anyone coming from the theater of war very carefully.
And refugees from Syria were being more than "screened."

Your source:

At the urging of Treasury Department officials, Roosevelt signed an executive order establishing the War Refugee Board (WRB) to facilitate the rescue of imperiled refugees. With the assistance of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee and the World Jewish Congress, as well as many other relief groups in the United States, the WRB helped to rescue or protect tens of thousands of Jews in Hungary, Romania, and elsewhere in Europe.

Between 1945 and 1952, 137,450 Jewish refugees (including close to 100,000 Jewish DPs) settled in the United States. The amended 1948 law was a turning point in American immigration policy and established a precedent for later refugee crises.

www.ushmm.org...

Now, refugees are prevented from entering the US.

edit on 1/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Now, refugees are prevented from entering the US.

Didn't he make an exception for minority religions?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I didn't say all refugees, I said "these" refugees, as the ones you were talking about in your post that you said were affected by not being allowed to be in the US.

The 800 who have been vetted. Yes, we should allow them into the country. As we told them we would do.
Instead of, "Never mind."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The 800 who have been vetted. Yes, we should allow them into the country. As we told them we would do.
Instead of, "Never mind."

Maybe they need to go through a bit more vetting.

All this talk about how long refugees are screened probably just means their paperwork sat on some bureaucrat's desk for months before it was even looked at. E.x.t.r.e.m.e v.e.t.t.i.n.g has begun.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All this talk about how long refugees are screened probably just means their paperwork sat on some bureaucrat's desk for months before it was even looked at.
Yeah. I saw that interview on Fox too.

E.x.t.r.e.m.e v.e.t.t.i.n.g has begun.
It has? I thought refugee processing was stopped.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: swedy13

Donald Trump's spokesperson said today that they didn't want to "tip off" terrorists that a ban is going into effect on a specific date..or even in the near future.

Wasn't it President Obama who gave ISIS a gift by telling the world that America was pulling out of IRAQ, no later than a certain date?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Donald Trump's spokesperson said today that they didn't want to "tip off" terrorists that a ban is going into effect on a specific date..or even in the near future.
Which makes no sense because there is no way a refugee gets into the country in less than month, much less a year.

Wasn't it President Obama who gave ISIS a gift by telling the world that America was pulling out of IRAQ, no later than a certain date?
Actually, it was Bush who did that. But ISIS didn't exist at the time.
www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I thought the president said 109 were detained.

So, I guess the 800 or so (vetted) refugees who were set to enter should understand why they have to stay in a refugee camp until Trump figures things out.

(Vetted) under the old crappy vetting system they issued the ban to make improvements on?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

What?
I cannot parse that sentence.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't think it was rolled out poorly. People get detained at the airport all the time. My wife who's a greed card holder(who supports the ban) has been detained multiple times, as has her mother who was in tears after coming thru baggage claim.

But it's a necessity for safety.

The real problem here was the media immediately latching into it and blowing it out of proportion, which led to protests and a whole bunch of MSM nonsense.

Iraqis were vetted and turned away in 2011 by Obama. Media supports Obama so they didn't cover it. Hence, no protests. Obama banned Cubans a few weeks ago. Some we victims of that. Media supports Obama so they didn't cover it. Again, no protests. Then yesterday a handful get detained nationally for any significant time, a handful of 300,000 who entered the country, but the MSM hates Trump, so they were all over it, then all the SJW's who can't think on anything but emotion got involved, and per usual the clique mentality and group think grew and grew, and suddenly airports across the nation had mass protests over nothing significant.

When will folks understand the MSM has the left on strings, playing them like puppets. They say dance, people dance, They say scream, people scream.

The protesters are protesting out of a combination if ignorance, poor understanding of the world, emotion and group think. Feelings. If they weren't out there protesting when Iraqis were banned, their opinion means nada. If they weren't out there protesting when Cubans were banned, their opinions means nada. And if they weren't out there protesting when my wife and mother in law were detained for thorough interviews, their opinions again mean nada.

It's as if half this nation has no clue how things work. Who stuck up for my mother in law when it was her under the Obama administration? Why don't they stick up for the dozens who get detained every single day from foreign countries? But they're clueless. They don't jump until the MSM says jump.
edit on 30-1-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join