It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

One can only hope that as the weeks pass by he realises that he has to think processes through from beginning to end instead of putting an idea on paper and hoping the small details work themselves out (cos they don't in politics)

Do you honestly think that will happen?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Logarock

So insightful. I wonder how many seconds until that post is deleted?

Thats about all this sort of hay fellow republican fake stuff for the sake of looking bipartisan and objective really deserves in my book. If you are willing to do this you don't understand the true nature of what the left is up to and how it plays its game.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

Who vetted them?
So, you don't know anything about the process?

The same people that vetted and gave weapons to the moderate rebels in Syria and Libya that turned out to be Al Nursa and ISIS?
No.

And its only 800 people, its not the end of the world as many are making it out to be.
No, it's only 800 who were due for entry. There are more behind them.

I know of the vetting process for refugees. It was sort of a rhetorical question. The department of homeland security interviews people in person. Inteligence services including the DOD and FBI look into the background of the refugees.

Keep in mind that those same intelligence services also thought the rebels in Syria and Libya were moderate, and gave them weapons. We can now see they were wrong there, but you seem confident that they are right with these refugees.

So are you suggesting that when it comes to arming Syrians or Libyans, we can't trust our inteligence services to vet people, wbut when it comes to letting those people in the US, we can trust them?

And keep in mind the director of the FBI said this.

“We can only query against that which we have collected, and so if someone has never made a ripple in the pond in Syria in a way that would get their identity or their interests reflected in our database, we can query our database til the cows come home, but … there’ll be nothing show up, because we have no record on that person,” said Comey.

www.cnsnews.com...

And you now admit, you are less concerned about the 800 or so people being inconvenienced as you are with your political belief that we should take in all of these refugees.

I would suggest we discontinue Obamas policy of arming ISIS in Syria, and that will stop the place from being destabilized, and mean the refugees would no longer have to flee.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: neo96

a reply to: Annee

Tell me more how a travel ban from 3 countries on the state sponsors of terrorism list is ridiculous.

And the other 4 are just as screwed up.

A ban?

Its a ban?

Well that depends on who you ask or listen to.

For those of us that read the EO.

A temporary halt.

For those that listen to FAKE NEWS.

It's a muslim ban.

And then there's what comes directly out of Trump's mouth.

THIS is what came directly out of Trumps mouth sans bull crap.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Tell me more how a travel ban from 3 countries on the state sponsors of terrorism list is ridiculous.

The right on here COULD put on their big boy underpants and address how & why they conveniently (and consistently) gloss over the exemption of the Piggy Bank & Classroom that is Saudi Arabia from this list.

Halting new visa issuances is one thing. Pulling the rug out from under people with valid ones in flight & green card holders is inexcusable. Again, explain Saudi Arabia's miraculous ability to stay off the list. That'd be real swell to see an answer for.
edit on 1/30/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Thats about all this sort of hay fellow republican fake stuff for the sake of looking bipartisan and objective really deserves in my book. If you are willing to do this you don't understand the true nature of what the left is up to and how it plays its game.

Why does the left have anything to do with this? It appears from your posts here that you are claiming that any disagreement with Trump, even by someone who voted for him like me, is to be mocked and shouted down and not looked at in the least bit.

Do you not see the insanity in that?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hmmm.

Someone did put on their 'big boy pants'.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

A ban?

Its a ban?

Well that depends on who you ask or listen to.

For those of us that read the EO.

A temporary halt.

For those that listen to FAKE NEWS.

It's a muslim ban.

And then there's what comes directly out of Trump's mouth.

THIS is what came directly out of Trumps mouth sans bull crap.

After he talked to Giuliani.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't really by the argument all of these bad people would have just flooded in if Trump had set a date. First off, refugees would still have to go through a lengthy process, so they wouldn't have been able to just rush in had there been like a 15 day notice.

As far as visa holders that could have rushed in, what were they waiting for anyways? They kknew Trump could have done this at any moment based on Trumps own promises in the campaign, so if they were really hell bent on damaging the US, they would have got here before Trump took office.

This isn't like announcing we are going to attack this location on this day. It actually affected innocent people mid flight, and I find this unacceptable.

You don't have to buy anything!

I usually agree with you, but in this case you and I will have to agree to disagree.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Asylum... Visas... Whatever.

They came, they murdered, and Obama looked the other way with the evidence staring him right in the face that they were radicalized.

link   

Upholding the safety of Americans is worth it, though. Wouldn't you say?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We want hard working people from other countries to become citizens and thus contribute to American society. Trump has never said anything opposite to my previous statement.

I work around folks from all over the world and they run the gamut. And who is we?????? The firms getting all the tax breaks for hiring while I pay for their tax funded this and that?

The immigration department is nothing but a tourniquet for fail foreign policy, an employment agency for american industry and a political travel agency for the new world orders relocation and division of western christian nations.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

One can only hope that as the weeks pass by he realises that he has to think processes through from beginning to end instead of putting an idea on paper and hoping the small details work themselves out (cos they don't in politics)

Do you honestly think that will happen?

I do not know, Trump is an absolute wild card. But I also know that the Western society political is broken and choked up with globalists who sell us out while distracting us with controversies like LGBT rights and religious equality. And I for one have had enough.

All anyone has is hope. So that is what I am going to do - hope.

While I maintain that if I were American I would not have voted for him, I also maintain that I watch what he does with great interest. Not because I want him to fail, rather because he is so radically different what if he actually brings about the changes we need?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Why does the left have anything to do with this? It appears from your posts here that you are claiming that any disagreement with Trump, even by someone who voted for him like me, is to be mocked and shouted down and not looked at in the least bit.

Do you not see the insanity in that?

You know...the center has become quite a nice spot to sit considering the political parties have gone full tip of the horseshoe..just saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And keep in mind the director of the FBI said this.
Yes. I don't know if the FBI database is the only one used. But I do know the vetting starts before DHS gets involved.

But what he said is that if someone has a clean record, they still can't be trusted. So, how does "extreme vetting" get around that? So, do you think Trump has any intention of resuming the processing of refugees? Ever?

And you now admit, you are less concerned about the 800 or so people being inconvenienced as you are with your political belief that we should take in all of these refugees.
Please show where I said we should take in all refugees.

edit on 1/30/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

My ancestors immigrated to America from Italy on my dad's side and from Ireland on my mother's.

One of the reasons that I voted for Trump is his common sense approach to immigration. He said it best the other day when he said:

There will be no new laws. Only now, we will be able enforcing the ones already on the books.

As long as he can do that, I don't care if he builds a wall or not. At this point, the wall is just icing on the cake.

edit on 1/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i do not think the order was poorly executed

it is esentially the same order other presidents have given

it is temporary
it is within the powers of the executive branch

the left does not know how to lose with class
this is what you get when everyone gets a trophy

also potus is within his rights to fire the ag

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

a reply to: seeker1963

I don't really by the argument all of these bad people would have just flooded in if Trump had set a date. First off, refugees would still have to go through a lengthy process, so they wouldn't have been able to just rush in had there been like a 15 day notice.

As far as visa holders that could have rushed in, what were they waiting for anyways? They kknew Trump could have done this at any moment based on Trumps own promises in the campaign, so if they were really hell bent on damaging the US, they would have got here before Trump took office.

This isn't like announcing we are going to attack this location on this day. It actually affected innocent people mid flight, and I find this unacceptable.

You don't have to buy anything!

I usually agree with you, but in this case you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Fair enough. Also, I am not saying that this makes me hate Trump or anything like that, I just think there were things that could have been done much better with this order.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
The drama has worn me out and it's only the start of week two. I'm tired of the amateur antics, this is serious business. People were always going to criticize him, he should have been smart enough to make sure his policies and executive orders were rock solid. His own administration's missteps have given the left and the media all the fuel they need to continue on with their rantings.

Part of me can't help but wonder, deep in my heart of hearts, if this was always the plan. I've always had that nagging fear that the Trump candidacy was always meant to strangle the the Right into its death throes.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: Tardacus
yeah it was,
he should have had a new vetting process in place before he started locking people out.

after it was in place then he could have said, everyone has to be re-vetted and it could take awhile, in the meantime you can`t enter.

If they rolled this out slowly, those who want to get in for bad reasons would have been scrambling to get in before things changed. The sudden halt was the only way to prevent that from happening.

I agree with this assessment. I think he rolled it out "his way". For all we know, there may have been an imminent threat we have no direct knowledge of. Slam the door, deal with the 109 or so people that may be inconvenienced by a long wait as DHS evaluates them further, and continue with the plan to keep America safe.

Let the Hollywood drama queens and "kings" rant, let the looney left wing protesters protest, let the washed out singers and so-called artists complain and curse, and let the titty-baby Schumers cry in front of the cameras.......Trump has taken an oath to protect them, too.
edit on 30-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join