It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Who vetted them?
So, you don't know anything about the process?

The same people that vetted and gave weapons to the moderate rebels in Syria and Libya that turned out to be Al Nursa and ISIS?
No.

And its only 800 people, its not the end of the world as many are making it out to be.
No, it's only 800 who were due for entry. There are more behind them.

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

in theory it will all be ironed out in 90 days, so what`s another 90 days of doing it the Obama way compared to 8 years of doing it that way.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

What is and was really very sloppy was the way visas have been issued for many years now. Way more important. Trump has done nothing when we look at the real problems with whats going on. You and OP haven't fooled me with your appeal and lame wounded d bird flapping antics.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Tell me more how a travel ban from 3 countries on the state sponsors of terrorism list is ridiculous.

And the other 4 are just as screwed up.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's hard to know exactly what thier agenda is and it's not improbable to think they would act early if they knew in advance a ban was coming .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

To halt legal immigration goes against what it means to be American. We all can agree on that I would think. Trumps use of the EO to halt ALL immigration was sloppily handled as you pointed out. However, as has been mentioned and sourced numerous time, the countries of designation lie within the Obama administration. As soon as there is a definitive timeline and vetting program fleshed out, tensions will ease up IMO.

On Saudia Arabia, I've no words. It's a complete hypocrisy in regard to trying to stop extremists. I don't see any winning argument where S.A. is allowed to go on uninhibited.

People need to think. Pull their partisanship back to the middle and stop letting extreme bias pull them away from their logic and/or values.

Good read and worth a re-read. S*F Grambler!

In order to do something on Saudi Arabia would require a law from Congress. There is no existing law that can be used to ban them. Trump can only ban countries that has already been deemed hostile in this case they support terrorism. Saudi Arabia may indeed support terrorism but congress hasn't made that assessment yet. and the state department hasn't marked them as a threat

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't really by the argument all of these bad people would have just flooded in if Trump had set a date. First off, refugees would still have to go through a lengthy process, so they wouldn't have been able to just rush in had there been like a 15 day notice.

As far as visa holders that could have rushed in, what were they waiting for anyways? They kknew Trump could have done this at any moment based on Trumps own promises in the campaign, so if they were really hell bent on damaging the US, they would have got here before Trump took office.

This isn't like announcing we are going to attack this location on this day. It actually affected innocent people mid flight, and I find this unacceptable.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Upholding the safety of Americans is worth it, though. Wouldn't you say?

Fear mongering. Shall we bring up statistics again?

My focus is on natural resources.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I believe that the Trump administration will eventually work to expedite the legal means to obtain citizenship.

As of now, the process is very long and very bureaucratic. This is (among many reasons) why people would rather risk their lives trying to cross the border illegally through Mexico than to wait around and try and go about it the legal way.

It's one of many components to the entire immigration problem.

We want hard working people from other countries to become citizens and thus contribute to American society. Trump has never said anything opposite to my previous statement.

link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: JinMI

What is and was really very sloppy was the way visas have been issued for many years now. Way more important. Trump has done nothing when we look at the real problems with whats going on. You and OP haven't fooled me with your appeal and lame wounded d bird flapping antics.

Haha, yet you feel the need to defend yourself from an idea.

I don't wish to live in isolation. I don't wish to have the situations that hare going on in Europe here either.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It was poorly rolled-out for the reasons you stated, and it quickly turned into cat-nip for the opposition and media, whom will seize on the opportunity to shame the administration mercilessly.

Like the Right did to Obama?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Tell me more how a travel ban from 3 countries on the state sponsors of terrorism list is ridiculous.

A ban?

Its a ban?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm aware but it's not clear to me the process.

There exists evidence that operatives within Saudi Arabia have placed weapons and monies supplied by the United States in the hands of extremist via Wikileaks. That, to me, opens up the possibility for an investigation and temporary ban of their visas.

Tillerson (IMO), Exxon and oil investors say no.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It was poorly rolled-out for the reasons you stated, and it quickly turned into cat-nip for the opposition and media, whom will seize on the opportunity to shame the administration mercilessly.

Comparing the treatment Obama got to what Trump is receiving right now is ludacris and anyone with a rational thought in thier brain will acknowledge this..
edit on 30-1-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Statistics, eh?

Remember the Tsrnaev brothers responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing?

They received political asylum as refugees of a civil unrest in Chechnya. But right before they immigrated to America they went to a terrorist training camp in Dagestan.

Guess who send the Obama administration the heads up that we were about to let in two terrorists disguised as refugees?

Russia.

And what did the Obama administration do?

Well I think we all know... 4/15/2013

edit on 1/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

A ban?

Its a ban?

Well that depends on who you ask or listen to.

For those of us that read the EO.

A temporary halt.

For those that listen to FAKE NEWS.

It's a muslim ban.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

A ban?

Its a ban?

Well that depends on who you ask or listen to.

For those of us that read the EO.

A temporary halt.

For those that listen to FAKE NEWS.

It's a muslim ban.

And then there's what comes directly out of Trump's mouth.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Two things have become apparent in Trump's first week in office;

1) He is definitely not a politician in the traditional sense of the word

2) He is drawing on his experience as being a CEO to run the nation.

Based on that, Trump is used to saying something and then those surrounding interpreting to make case appropriate and make his intentions happen.

His intentions are noble with the refugee order. But he is not yet used to how many people these decisions affect and that they will follow his instruction to the letter. ie ban refugees immediately from those nations and even people in transit are suddenly barred entry.

It was a rookie presidential mistake. One can only hope that as the weeks pass by he realises that he has to think processes through from beginning to end instead of putting an idea on paper and hoping the small details work themselves out (cos they don't in politics)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

They obtained their visas from Chechnya as political refugees.

Refugees do not travel under visas.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Nope. Not in the slightest, though I wish they did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join