It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow Trump supporters Lets admit the refugee order was poorly executed

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Like as bad as obamacare website?

How long did that take to fix?

I realize it's not as important as refugees being banned for 3 months (who hasn't been?) or 300 people being questioned for a few hours but it's only a website that cost 1 bil+? Outsourced to a canadian company?

And forget that questionable constitutional action of obamacare itself.

Which brings me to this vetting stuff. (don't ask how) lol.

The dems want the excuse of extreme vetting Tumps cabinet, yeah but some schmuck no one ever heard of in a terror riddled country is expected to be let in by them?

Oh? 2 years in the waiting? So what's the rush? Not like they are in immediate danger, right? They would be dead already.

My first trip to HK, the flight crew out of Chicago didn't get enough sleep so my flight was delayed till the next day.
I lost a day of my vacation.

Showed up at the airport to leave for Thailand for a couple days, I was turned away because I didn't have enough room in my passport for the stamp and had to go to the embassy to get more pages before we could go, lost another day.

Was detained in Thailand getting off the plane (different trip) for whatever, I forget, for 3 hrs.

How about that Delta computer glich that recently happened?

Sitting on the tarmac for hours, weather, technical difficulties, flat tire.

The best laid plans of mice and men..# happens. Get over it.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I thought the president said 109 were detained.

So, I guess the 800 or so (vetted) refugees who were set to enter should understand why they have to stay in a refugee camp until Trump figures things out.
If they want it bad enough they will endure. Period. I'm so sick of liberal hypocrisy and oh yah where were liberals when Obama similarly stranded Cuban refugees when he lifted the long standing order that they an stay here when they arrived here illegally on makeshift boats? That's right, they were nowhere because they kissed the ground Obama walked on no
Matter what insanely disgusting things he did.
edit on 31-1-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I could care less that some non citizens trying to get into this country and live here on my tax dollars were inconvenienced. And everyone else that voted for Trump feels the same way. It's not like they didn't know this was coming after he was elected TWO MONTHS AGO.

edit on 31-1-2017 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'll agree. "Ham-handed" is a nice way of putting it. That doesn't mean I disagree with the intent, but it was obviously rushed and not put through hypotheticals before it was signed. Friday night is not a good time to spring broad-sweeping regulation that will have impact throughout the weekend with limited feedback from the bureaucracy for 64 hours, give or take.

It created extremely bad optics for the administration (especially a stranded 5 year old kid waiting for his mom) that will be used ad nauseum in the future.

We know you want to act fast Donald, but a good runner knows right time to hold back and when to put on a burst of speed.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VVV88

I could care less that some non citizens trying to get into this country and live here on my tax dollars were inconvenienced. And everyone else that voted for Trump feels the same way. It's not like they didn't know this was coming after he was elected TWO MONTHS AGO.

I think you mean you couldn't care less.

How about the lack of a ban on Saudi Arabia? Thoughts on that?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

My best guess as to why SA wasn't on the ban list is this....

Joe Muhammad comes in from SA, claiming to be Joe Muhammad, a plumber with 3 wives and 10 children... We call up SA and verify the information. Alright, good to go.

Jack Muhammad comes in from, let's say Yemen, claiming to be Jack Muhammad, a plumber with 5 wives and 8 children... Who do we call? The Houthis? Bear in mind, the Houthi slogan, "God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam". Yeah....I'm sure they'll cooperate and verify that Jack Muhammad is who he says he is...

Now, I'm not saying there aren't other factors potentially involved...but I think this is the most logical conclusion. The "governments" of the 7 countries on the ban list aren't exactly cooperative with the US... Also, I concede the point that Saudi-US relations aren't exactly top notch...This is merely my best guess...

A2D
edit on 1-2-2017 by Agree2Disagree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It created extremely bad optics for the administration (especially a stranded 5 year old kid waiting for his mom) that will be used ad nauseum in the future.

You should consider that this was done the way it was on purpose

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Lot of armchair quarterbacks on ATS.

Please enlighten me and yourselves what would have happened if Trump said the temp immigration ban was going to start in two weeks?

It allow case by case exceptions. It's all hullabaloo about nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Lot of armchair quarterbacks on ATS.

Please enlighten me and yourselves what would have happened if Trump said the temp immigration ban was going to start in two weeks?

It allow case by case exceptions. It's all hullabaloo about nothing.

They didn't have to say anything.

Of course, realizing that and putting it into practice are two different things. There are lots of "heroic" leakers left over from the previous chief who would love to have their 15 minutes of martyrdom right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm an American Supporter. The fact that for the first time in my lifetime our government didn't issue a warning months ahead of time regarding an action it was taking is absolutely amazing.

Change does not happen without some inconvenience. So be it.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gramblergreenwald wins again.

One of the last real journalists. theintercept.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
there are a few of youse guys that posted the truth

the field operatives who were to enforce the 'ban' .... did their damdest to screw up the process in the most trivial ways so-as-to make POTUS#45 look bigoted/anti-muslim/stooped

every one of the incidents which were intentionally harmful to the green-card owners, the VISA holders, etc
should be examined further to determine IF the harassment was arbitrarily foisted on the Muslims because the enforcement authorities twisted the Policy directive to SPITE the President instead of protecting the American population - as intended

YOUR FIRED is the surprise telegram which needs to be delivered to those disgruntled snowflakes hiding in the bowels of government agencies... Trump needs to Drain-That-Swamp asap !!
edit on nd28148605706202372017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Of course. God Emperor Trump can do no wrong. It must be the fault of that secret cabal of saboteurs. We'll just ignore the fact that this was rammed through with no vetting nor instructions. And let's also ignore the fact that pretty much everyone said it was a bad move. The God Emperor is infallible. It must have been the plebes purposefully trying to make him look bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have had this question from many friends who know I am a supporter and I have no issue with the order or how it was presented. Nothing like this could ever be easy.

How else should he have done it? A warning? If that happened that backlash would have been worse! Then before it happened it would be talked about and debated. It is a lose/lose.

Also, everyone on the planet knew this was coming. I do not understand the 'surprise' that is leveled from the media and the left. For a year and a half he has said he was going to stop immigration to look into what needs to be fixed.

This does not affect the everyday US citizen in any way and that is who he is looking out for. The VISA's, well, I am on the fence but it has to be an all or none.

Who will be added next?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

....disgruntled snowflakes hiding in the bowels of government agencies... Trump needs to Drain-That-Swamp asap !!

Here - We - Go - Again.... i post a comment that the real news does a story on just hours later....

Article Headline:

" Department Guilty of Racism, Harassment, Treason-Trump Supporting Employees Fear for Their Lives "

www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

In an earlier article, I wrote that President Trump would face extreme disloyalty and even treason from the mid-level Federal employees who are loyal to Obama. This prediction has already come true.
Insubordination by 900 State Department Employees....

edit on nd28148607392002182017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

hey there....Xcalibur254

I got a recognized and well respected source on my side of the issue you have positioned yourself against..." www.thecommonsenseshow.com "

don't get steamrolled as the view I hold gains traction and gravitas... sheeze soooo many of 'em
edit on nd28148607451602282017 by St Udio because: add resource of support

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This is like a reverse Nazi Germany scenario where the media is spewing propaganda about the commander and chief.... Really hope Trump cracks down on the Clinton News Networks. Time to censor the propaganda otherwise you're going to have a full blown civil war on your hands...

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't disagree with placing a ban on immigrants from a certain country or a certain religion or even a certain color, in principle, since I think any jurisdiction on the planet, including Israel and Saudi Arabia, has the right to do what it believes is in its own best interest (assuming a consensus in the country in question and not a dictatorial fiat for the policy).

To me the big problem with the president's EO was how it was handled, as the OP points out.

The way it was done, essentially, jerked people around. The government could simply have stopped issuing visas to the countries in question and started filtering through, or placed on watch lists, newcomers from those areas. This wouldn't even have to be announced. It would be quickly brought to the attention of the press, inquiries would be made and the administration would explain that a review of national security requirements needed to be made before the handling of visa applicants for certain countries would be standardized.

This is just common sense.

When things go against common sense, or when a simple obvious procedure to handle a problem is not adopted by government, you can bet that a hidden agenda is behind the deviation from obvious efficacious procedures.

So what is Trump's hidden agenda? Why would he jerk these people around?

Rudy Giuliani said it in an interview on Fox. Trump wants to ban Muslims, but he knows he can't discriminate against a religious group like that in the US. He's doing the next best thing, attempting to turn the United States into an unwelcoming destination for Muslims.

I get this, I think. Every time I talk about this I have to underline that I have had numerous Muslim friends that I have gotten along with as well as I would have with any of my other friends. Unfortunately, statistically, there will be a very small number of Muslim zealots who can find justification for their extremism in the Koran itself.

I've mentioned this before on ATS, but it bears repeating. Christianity has a 600 year head start on Islam. That is 600 years of wearing the rough edges off Christianity, and believe me, there were rough edges. The Middles Ages, roughly 600 years ago, saw a great deal of religious strife. There is still division in Christianity but not nearly as much bloodshed as there once was.

It is very, very naive for people in a predominantly Christian civilization to expect the broad mass of Muslims to magically leap 600 years ahead in their social evolution, by simple proximity to Christianity.

This is just common sense. President Trump and the Trumpers, Bannon and the whole crew of alt right "grotesques" (viewed from the liberal vantage point) are not wrong, in my opinion, to handle Muslim immigration very, very carefully, not so much out of fear of terrorist infiltration, but because of the sociological fact presented by Islam as a whole, a fact, the most significant characteristic of which is SCRIPTURALLY ENDORSED INTOLERANCE.

Islam will have to lose a lot more of its rough edges before I would be happy about introducing large numbers of Muslims into our Western culture.

A lot of what comes out of President Trump's mouth and out of the State Department will be part of a long running "shadow play" designed to absorb the attention of the public, while a consistent policy of aggression in the Middle East, pursued by previous administrations, continues to progress.

My two cents worth.
edit on 2-2-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You should consider that this was done the way it was on purpose

It's a possibility, but you will need to elaborate on 1) proof and 2) the end goal of such a purpose.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

Trump rents apartments to several Saudi princes in the NYC Trump Tower.

Stuff like that might have just a *tiny* bit of influence over these types of decisions, just maybe?

But hey, we've all been told it's impossible for him to have conflicts of interests -- right?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join