It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump administration to allow 872 refugees into U.S. this week says document

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Again we have a story coming from the usual disinfo suspects.

This one is about a report of a document that claims the DHS is allowing 872 refugees into the country.

The status arrangements were processed before the now famous temporary ban.

Nothing says where these refugees are from.

And the story refers to "waivers". But "waivers" were not necessary before the "ban" were they?

Exclusive: Trump administration to allow 872 refugees into U.S. this week document

The U.S. government has granted waivers to let 872 refugees into the country this week, despite President Donald Trump's executive order on Friday temporarily banning entry of refugees from any country, according to an internal Department of Homeland Security document seen by Reuters.

A Homeland Security official, speaking on condition of anonymity, confirmed the waivers, noting that the refugees were considered "in transit" and had already been cleared for resettlement before the ban took effect.

Refugees preparing for resettlement typically have severed personal ties and relinquished their possessions, leaving them particularly vulnerable if their plans to depart are suddenly canceled.

edit on Jan-30-2017 by xuenchen because: blocked

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This makes sense.

And it conforms to this clause in Trump's Executive Order:

(g) Notwithstanding a suspension pursuant to subsection (c) of this section or pursuant to a Presidential proclamation described in subsection (e) of this section, the Secretaries of State and Homeland Security may, on a case-by-case basis, and when in the national interest, issue visas or other immigration benefits to nationals of countries for which visas and benefits are otherwise blocked.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We somehow need to move on past the visa thing anyway and get answers to questions like......How do these refuges support themselves financially in transit and transition when they get here? In short are these moves costing the american tax payer anything?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The media will watch these 872 like a hawk. As soon as one of them breaks a law by jaywalking, President Trump will be skewered by the MSM for a FAILED vetting process.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

We somehow need to move on past the visa thing anyway and get answers to questions like......How do these refuges support themselves financially in transit and transition when they get here? In short are these moves costing the american tax payer anything?

""US TAXPAYERS will hand over around $20,000 to settle each “refugee” and “asylum seeker,” coming to America in terms of the Obama Middle East refugee policy, a new report from Negative Population Growth has said.

The “refugees” are immediately eligible for cash welfare, food stamps, housing, and medical aid to the value of $19,884 on each refugee the US takes in.""

The MAIN STREAM media doesn't give a damn about any of us. They didn't even mention the cost.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It was not known if additional waivers would be granted, the official said. The document did not give the nationalities of the refugees who will be admitted into the United States.

What is amazing is how much this "report" doesn't say!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Remember that ALL of us are descended from immigrants and revolutionists'

From the picture in the link.

Problem 1.

Not all of us were.

Problem 2.

Those immigrants 'stole' the land from the natives. Then formed their own country, and the natives were forced to live in 'fema' camps to this very day.

Problem 3.

Immigrants that came here came from ALL over the world. Many different religions came along with it. Not just christians. Not just muslims.

Problem 4.

Those people coming here come from relgious theocracies. None of which are chrisitan or jewish, but muslim.

Problem 5.

US foreign policy has screwed up those countries worse than they were previously.

So how about we stop screwing up those countries, and making refugees to begin with?

Anyhow.

edit on 30-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

My people came here and dint get any sort of aid from the government like they were going on extended vacation. My people helped make the US a place to want to come to. Don't want to sound like Bloody Bill but there was always some reason for mass influxes into the US from around the world. The rise of steel, the rise of coal, industrial growth and some war refugees from SE Asia, folks from Eastern Europe after the Russian communists invaded at the close of WWII ect. But this modern day this is something much stranger than all past influx whatever the period, the race or the reason.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

At the risk of nitpicking....

Problem 1.

Not all of us were.

I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that humans made their way to North America via a land/ice bridge connecting modern day Russia to modern day Alaska.

Problem 2.

Those immigrants 'stole' the land from the natives. Then formed their own country, and the natives were forced to live in 'fema' camps to this very day.

So "the natives" were one monolithic block? There weren't multiple tribes (for lack of a better word) that often had conflicts (at times very violent) with each other? Did they not "steal" land from each other prior to the Europeans arrived?

I've got no issue with the rest of your post.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Aren't we also also honoring the deal with we made with Australia to take them refugees they were supposed to be getting? I'll try and find the link.

U.S. President Donald Trump has confirmed by telephone that his administration will honour a refugee resettlement deal with staunch ally Australia, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said on Monday.

The previous U.S administration had agreed to resettle a substantial number of the 1,200 asylum seekers, mainly from Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, held in Australia's processing centres on remote Pacific islands in Papua New Guinea and Nauru.

mobile.reuters.com...

edit on 30-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: Link

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

""US TAXPAYERS will hand over around $20,000 to settle each “refugee” and “asylum seeker,” coming to America in terms of the Obama Middle East refugee policy, a new report from Negative Population Growth has said.

The “refugees” are immediately eligible for cash welfare, food stamps, housing, and medical aid to the value of $19,884 on each refugee the US takes in.""

The MAIN STREAM media doesn't give a damn about any of us. They didn't even mention the cost.

Well this is over the top not caring for citizens. I am on SS and Medicare. Didn't get a COL raise last year and this year got .03 percent which all went to Medicare. So no raise. If it weren't for my savings which I use judiciously, I would be eating catfood.

So where does this indebted country find the money for this? Out of thin air like everything else? Or have they raided SS and Medicare again?

Not meaning to be unfeeling but someone is getting paid more than citizens.
edit on 30-1-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

That's a problem.
Do you know how long it takes me to save that much money, if I even could?
I work hard to make that much money.
And they are handing over my taxes, a portion of my hard-earned money, to strangers... why?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Guess what happens when they are all resettled....all those costs go up and are put on the back of the middle class.

Same with every....spending...bill....ever!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

it`s worse than that

The study focused on the industry created to accept the $1.8 billion in federal support to help refugees settle and sign up for further cash awards from the taxpayer-funded program.

The refugee agencies get a small portion, or about $1,875 per refugee they help. The rest goes to the United Nations, which helps to determine eligible refugees, and state agencies.

more “refugees” come to America than to the rest of the world combined: 67 percent of UNHCR-referred refugees settled in the US in 2014.

once they have Legal Permanent Resident (LPR) status, they can, for a period of two years after their arrival, petition to have immediate family members—spouses, children, and parents—join them as legal immigrants.
Once they have become naturalized US citizens, they can petition to have other family members—adult sons and daughters (married or unmarried), brothers and sisters—enter as legal immigrants.

“DNA testing reveals that as much as 90 percent of ‘family connection’ claims in some refugee groups are false

newobserveronline.com...

edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Link please. Links always help

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join