It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gonna need a great surgeon to stitch our fractured Nation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well if its any consolation there have been several protests over this side of the pond yesterday evening (its 2am here).

Manchester, Glasgow, London, Brighton...to name but a few, all with thousands in attendance, for two reasons.

1) The EO from Friday

2) People don't want him to make a state visit.

You can bitch and whine as much as you like, but even people in other countries are coming out in solidarity against your President.

I think you're all so gaslighted in the US you can't see the wood for the trees, oh and its spreading, Yahoo had a number of people who think what you have done is great, they want it over here, I say "Love it so much, when are you leaving?"

You folks wanted Trump, you wanted to isolate yourselves, pull back, make a statement...you've done it.

However if people don't agree, then expect it, its what you pushed for.

Real question is, just how many people want it?

Who is the majority in all this?

I can promise you now, there are far more people set to lose from divisive policies than the people who gain.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wonder could they do this with the large crowds if they, the protesters, weren't being subsidized by Soros. Something really needs to be done about this man. The world knows he is financing the agenda.

Also the blind mindset of Hollywood who along with the MSM eggs this on

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon
Well if its any consolation there have been several protests over this side of the pond yesterday evening (its 2am here).

Manchester, Glasgow, London, Brighton...to name but a few, all with thousands in attendance, for two reasons.

1) The EO from Friday

2) People don't want him to make a state visit.

You can bitch and whine as much as you like, but even people in other countries are coming out in solidarity against your President.

I think you're all so gaslighted in the US you can't see the wood for the trees, oh and its spreading, Yahoo had a number of people who think what you have done is great, they want it over here, I say "Love it so much, when are you leaving?"

You folks wanted Trump, you wanted to isolate yourselves, pull back, make a statement...you've done it.

However if people don't agree, then expect it, its what you pushed for.

Real question is, just how many people want it?

Who is the majority in all this?

I can promise you now, there are far more people set to lose from divisive policies than the people who gain.

Look, no one more than me would die of shame if Trump had a State Visit in the UK and twittered his conversations with HRM. Or worst yet bitched about the raw deal he feels he got over his Scottish Golf Course.

I'm American and crap like that JUST ISN'T DONE during a visit where you are not only representing our country, but will be a guest as well.

As for the rest.
He was voted in because he does represent what many Americans want done. As unpopular as that may be.
Immigration via legitimate legal means has never been angst ridden.
People coming in willy-nilly make a mockery of every single prior Immigrant who did things legally, as many of our family members did over the last 200 years is where you see the angst. Even recent Immigrants get up in arms over it.
As well they should!

You can call it Isolationism, but people are fed up with our tax dollars being squandered both abroad and here at home.
We pay a hefty amount to have good roads, public services ect but in reality don't.

Something had to change, simple as that.
Only time will tell, but HRC plainly had no new platform for reform so....people voted their conscience.

Before this was the Tea Party movement, Anonymous, the Green Party and more. Americans wanting change isn't new.
It really isn't. What's surprising is we are getting it finally.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Trump did what Trump does. We can't expect tact out of him at this point. As for liberals, Id probably be caught up with them too but my years on conspiracy theory sites has desensitized me to the rhetoric. I don't see a heal any time soon, it is a fight against evil at this point. The best advice i learned way back in the bulletin boards. Don't feed the trolls.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Rezlooper

With the leftists blowing every little thing up into a holocaust feeding into the mindless frenzy of their easily led automatons.

I just don't see the divide being healed anytime soon.

They'll be complaining about having to go back to work, when all the jobs come back.

I don't see them simmering down anytime soon either. That's why I think Trump is going to have to take some "Executive" action and simmer it down. The right to free speech and assembly can only go so far. When your ultimate goal is to threaten the stability of our government, then he has every right to put a stop to it. And that, I believe, is what their aim is... to start open revolt against a Trump presidency.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

LOL As if the right wing didn't just spend 8 full years of obstruction and pouting over every little thing Pres Obama did.

"Ah, he's the antichrist!"
"Ah, he's a Muslim!"
"Ah, he's an Indonesian Kenyan Muslim!"
"Osama bin Laden? More like Obama bin Laden!"

"Death panels!"

"We need to slit our wrists & make a blood covenant to stop Obamacare!" (HERE)
"Barack & Michelle's terrorist fist jab!"

"If Obama's re-elected (in 2012) then it's the End Times in America"

"What real man puts dijon mustard on his hamburger?!"

We had to put up with 8 FULL YEARS of your side's incessant whining about everything. Turnabout's fair play, right? ETA: And let's not forget the record number of obstructed appointees, the constant whining about his days off even though Bush took off more days, and every thing else he did? LOL I can add so much stuff from the last 8 years, but I guess I'll stop for now. either way, you dished it out so prepare to receive it.
edit on 30-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Rezlooper

And your OP is definitely the way to fix this problem! /sarc

I know, I should sit back and shut up while liberals try to thwart the will of the American people with all this hypocrisy. Shame on me for voicing my opinion...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

except the left claims to be working for unity and tolerance, is that just another liberal lie? Their actions certainly aren`t doing anything to create unity and tolerance. Their actions are divisive and intolerant.
if they are going to talk the talk they need to walk the walk otherwise people will see them as liars and hypocrites. nobody wants to be associated with liars and hypocrites.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

except the left claims to be working for unity and tolerance, is that just another liberal lie? Their actions certainly aren`t doing anything to create unity and tolerance.

Which of us specifically on the left claimed we were that? I've said from the beginning that I'm intolerant of intolerance. So maybe you're getting your people mixed up? And I'm guessing you missed my election day thread where I congratulated Repubs for the hard fought victory, ate crow for my election day predictions, and vowed to fight you at every turn?

Their actions are divisive and intolerant.
if they are going to talk the talk they need to walk the walk otherwise people will see them as liars and hypocrites. nobody wants to be associated with liars and hypocrites.

You say this yet you're lining up behind Trump, the guy who was literally endorsed by a laundry list of Neo-Nazis and white supremacist groups in the US! LOL!
Meet the Horde of Neo-Nazis, Klansmen, and Other Extremist Leaders Endorsing Donald Trump

Your argument basically boils down to "we can dish it out but can't take it". Oh well. We had to put up with it for 8 years yet you guys are whining after less than a week and a half. Need a safe space, bro?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

5 videos
6 exclamation marks
20 quotation marks
2x LOL

That's tough to beat..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Pretty good, right? I could've kept going too but I didn't want to overwhelm anyone. But don't worry, by my calculations you'll only have 644 more days to deal with this. I fully expect us to take over at least one chamber of Congress that day, and then we'll focus on other ways to defeat Trump's agenda.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

From the little bit I know about you (based solely on the posts that I happen to read) I tend to like you. I think overall you have a sober, measured view of the world. However... sometimes you leave me scratching my head in bewilderment. You wrote....

yet you're lining up behind Trump, the guy who was literally endorsed by a laundry list of Neo-Nazis and white supremacist groups in the US! LOL!

Is a person (politician or otherwise) defined by those who support them?

I try to avoid the tit-for-tat but may I remind you that Obama was part of the congregation of Reverend Wright's Church? Yes, the not "God Bless America" but "God Damn America" pastor. This "reverend" presided over Obama's wedding and baptized his daughters.

I'm open to either end of the discussion but you have to decide for yourself.... is someone guilty by association or not? Further, I believe one must describe the association.

Obama was intimately entangled with Rev. Wright. Trump is supported by bad characters that are not part of his day-to-day life.

Which is more condemning?

What is the point of your post?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I didn't ask for your justification, I merely pointed out, this isn't going to be easy.

You folks who voted for Trump are so full of fear, fear of loss, having something taken from you, your money, security, Trump.

Yet most of all right now you fear losing what you have just gained, I read an interesting blog last night regards loss, how that is what is fuelling the unrest from the left.

You see, the left have lost an awful lot more currently than those right of the argument, yet still the right cannot see, cannot rest, they feel the need to cajole, put down, defend anybody who may disagree, even the OP, he got what he wanted, a Trump government, yet now he wants to stitch it back together, for in his vision that is what should happen.

The world doesn't work like that, you will always be opposed, just as the left will be opposed, question is, just which side has the more support...you also have Americans who are not happy with Trump, they will be in their millions.

Don't kid yourself, right now I can't help feeling as though America just entered an abusive relationship with itself.

You can disagree, but then so many never realise they are being abused until its too late.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
I wonder could they do this with the large crowds if they, the protesters, weren't being subsidized by Soros. Something really needs to be done about this man. The world knows he is financing the agenda.

Also the blind mindset of Hollywood who along with the MSM eggs this on

Soros needs to be arrested in America for trying to destabilize the government.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join