It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Tells Justice Department Not to Defend Trump's Immigration Ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just look at her ...

Doesn't that face, that haircut, her posture just scream ...

"I'd like to speak to the manager, please."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is what got me. (bolded)

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates Tells Justice Department Not to Defend President Trump's Immigration Ban

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has told the U.S. Justice Department not to defend President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries.

"I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution's solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right,"

Yates wrote in a letter to lawyers in the Justice Department on Monday, according to ABC News. "At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful."

Yates, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, is serving in the role until Jeff Sessions, Trump's nominee for attorney general is confirmed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Geez.
This is an all-out political war.
Dems are stone-walling most of Trump's cabinet so that he does not have backing.
And they are outright declaring war on him.

They are insane.

That must mean a great deal of the rest of the world are insane too, and that Donald and his team, are the only sane people in the world, that's the Donald who likes to cut down electricity poles to peoples houses because they won't sell them to him, and puts Huuuuge sand dunes in front of their houses, while also calling them pigs who live in slums. lovely feller, isn't he? But, how would you know?
He's a godsend and you're not a shadow of his greatness. That's the reality.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Geez
That's just unheard of..Obama anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Where is Obama, btw? Did he have a clandestine meeting with this acting AG on a plane in a hangar somewhere and make her an offer she couldn't refuse?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: queenofswords

I can tell you this....she is going to push the rhetoric that this is a Muslim ban, not based on the legality of the EO, but based entirely on statements that were uttered in the past.

Read her letter here and see if you can spot it in paragraph 2.

www.nytimes.com...

Temporary until Sessions is sworn in is all. Publicity stunt.

yep, a last feeble act of defiance from an old horse who is being sent to the glue factory.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bombshell --- The Acting U.S. Attorney General had said she will order the Justice Department *NOT* to defend the Executive Order about temporary visa bans from 7 nations.

Good. I don't actually think it's a bombshell, though. The EO is disliked by many people. Scholars, government officials, other republicans, people of the planet Earth. Did that cover almost everyone who could possibly dislike it?

Not so happy when the other side has "a pen and a phone" eh?
I and many others "disliked" a lot of obama's orders and the actions of his minions. Allowing millions of illegals into a country that can't properly take care of its own citizens without putting our great-grandchildren into debt is concerning to a lot of us.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lol BC they're gloablists. That's why..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: queenofswords

I can tell you this....she is going to push the rhetoric that this is a Muslim ban, not based on the legality of the EO, but based entirely on statements that were uttered in the past.

Read her letter here and see if you can spot it in paragraph 2.

www.nytimes.com...

Temporary until Sessions is sworn in is all. Publicity stunt.

yep, a last feeble act of defiance from an old horse who is being sent to the glue factory.
horse is pretty tasty too. Had it as a kid in Holland all the time

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

It is troubling that Yates and those like her have been running things for the last 8 years.
Their "morals" are severely skewed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Just look at her ...

Doesn't that face, that haircut, her posture just scream ...

"I'd like to speak to the manager, please."

to me it screams, " I`m a nobody who is desperately trying to look like I`m a somebody"

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Hopefully lame duck swamp creature Sally Yates has a new career lined up.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bombshell --- The Acting U.S. Attorney General had said she will order the Justice Department *NOT* to defend the Executive Order about temporary visa bans from 7 nations.

Good. I don't actually think it's a bombshell, though. The EO is disliked by many people. Scholars, government officials, other republicans, people of the planet Earth. Did that cover almost everyone who could possibly dislike it?

Quinnipac Jan 12th. cited in news articles today

By a narrow 48 - 42 percent, American voters support "suspending immigration from terror prone regions, even if it means turning away refugees." By a broader 53 - 41 percent, voters support requiring immigrants from Muslim countries to register with the federal government.

Thanks reldra for pitching me that easy one

edit on 30-1-2017 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
it`s even more troubling that she has more loyalty to her political party than she has to her country.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Geez.
Dems are stone-walling most of Trump's cabinet so that he does not have backing.

They are insane.

That must mean a great deal of the rest of the world are insane too, and that Donald and his team, are the only sane people in the world, that's the Donald who likes to cut down electricity poles to peoples houses because they won't sell them to him, and puts Huuuuge sand dunes in front of their houses, while also calling them pigs who live in slums. lovely feller, isn't he? But, how would you know?

That's your reality, not mine, I am more than pleased to say. However if you contest anything I said, I don't mind coming back to you, that's fair isn't it?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

it`s even more troubling that she has more loyalty to her political party than she has to her country.

Sally Yates is looking for another job. She needs to build up as many "Brown Nose Brownie Points" as possible, for her resume.

Besides, as the article states..

"YATES's decision is largely symbolic — Mr. Trump’s nominee to be attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is likely to be confirmed soon"

Like I said...she did this as one last attempt to put something meaningful on her resume.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Sounds similar to the obstructionism committed by the Republicans when Obama became president? Eh, but you guys werent outraged about that though. Nah...

I`m not seeing any outrage from anyone.

I could fake some outrage if it will help to make you liberals feel like you "stuck it to the man", I`m all about doing charity work to help the less fortunate feel better about themselves.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion

Sounds similar to the obstructionism committed by the Republicans when Obama became president? Eh, but you guys werent outraged about that though. Nah...

I`m all about doing charity work to help the less fortunate feel better about themselves.

Good for you man!
So am I, 33 years now, though, you also needed to fight the politicos of every hue, and believe it or not, it got so much easier with Britain in the EU. Never ever a problem with the people on the street however.
edit on 30-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Geez.

They are insane.

That's your reality, not mine, I am more than pleased to say. However if you contest anything I said, I don't mind coming back to you, that's fair isn't it?

Contest? You denigrated Trump and I reminded you of your place in life, which is NOT the most powerful man in the world.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
FIRE HER! PERIOD.

It's clear the left wants civil war.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join