It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Tells Justice Department Not to Defend Trump's Immigration Ban

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Bombshell --- The Acting U.S. Attorney General had said she will order the Justice Department *NOT* to defend the Executive Order about temporary visa bans from 7 nations.

Sally Yates is the temporary acting Attorney General and is a Democrat appointed by outgoing Obama until a new AG is confirmed.

Looks like an internal political problem for Trump.

But of course even IF the EO in question gets stopped completely, the existing laws will just be enforced at a higher level than before anyway.

Some lawsuits are coming soon.

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates Tells Justice Department Not to Defend President Trump's Immigration Ban

Acting Attorney General Sally Yates has told the U.S. Justice Department not to defend President Donald Trump's executive order banning immigrants from seven Muslim-majority countries.

"I am responsible for ensuring that the positions we take in court remain consistent with this institution's solemn obligation to always seek justice and stand for what is right," Yates wrote in a letter to lawyers in the Justice Department on Monday, according to ABC News. "At present, I am not convinced that the defense of the executive order is consistent with these responsibilities nor am I convinced that the executive order is lawful."

Yates, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, is serving in the role until Jeff Sessions, Trump's nominee for attorney general is confirmed.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Geez.
This is an all-out political war.
Dems are stone-walling most of Trump's cabinet so that he does not have backing.
And they are outright declaring war on him.

They are insane.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
She's fired.

Seriously, didn't we see this coming?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Bombshell --- The Acting U.S. Attorney General had said she will order the Justice Department *NOT* to defend the Executive Order about temporary visa bans from 7 nations.

Good. I don't actually think it's a bombshell, though. The EO is disliked by many people. Scholars, government officials, other republicans, people of the planet Earth. Did that cover almost everyone who could possibly dislike it?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sounds similar to the obstructionism committed by the Republicans when Obama became president? Eh, but you guys werent outraged about that though. Nah...
edit on 30-1-2017 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They are dying. Witness the death of a political party, my friend.

WHY do you think importing so many foreigners is important to the globalist agenda? Could it be that the current parties in power are dying and need reinforcements?

They're dying a horrible, wailing death. Suits them right.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Good. I don't actually think it's a bombshell, though. The EO is disliked by many people. Scholars, government officials, other republicans, people of the planet Earth. Did that cover almost everyone who could possibly dislike it?

Except for the part of the country that successfully voted Trump to be President? But who cares about them, am I right?

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Only a person truly politically blind would claim that Trump is facing the same kind of pushback Obama is receiving.

You don't actually believe that, do you? It's not even close.

The entire WORLD POWERS are against Trump right now.

How did they behave with Obama? Exaltation, that's how.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

...many of whom were for it before they were against it. :rolleyes:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I can tell you this....she is going to push the rhetoric that this is a Muslim ban, not based on the legality of the EO, but based entirely on statements that were uttered in the past.

Read her letter here and see if you can spot it in paragraph 2.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 30-1-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: FelisOrion

Sounds similar to the obstructionism committed by the Republicans when Obama became president? Eh, but you guys werent outraged about that though. Nah...

Oh the hypocrisy of partisan politics!

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Politicians sway with the wind. It's what they do. Trump is the greatest thing to EVER happen to America. He is showing the American people they don't need a politician. He is showing them what they've always needed was a MAN with a BACKBONE.

God Bless Donald Trump.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd imagine anyone who defies Trump, won't going to be spared. Expect the same reaction out of these attorneys as the patriotism, valor and fidelity of the ICE agents and Border Patrol who enforce Trump's will.

I wish Sandpaper Sally to be on unemployment benefits tomorrow a.m., and under indictment within a week.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: xuenchen

I can tell you this....she is going to push the rhetoric that this is a Muslim ban, not based on the legality of the EO, but based entirely on statements that were uttered in the past.

Read her letter here and see if you can spot it in paragraph 2.

www.nytimes.com...

Temporary until Sessions is sworn in is all. Publicity stunt.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
She can push whatever she wants, because this delay tactic will not work. Nearly everyone with a law degree is declaring it legal, except this POLITICAL appointee.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Geez.
Dems are stone-walling most of Trump's cabinet so that he does not have backing.

They are insane.

Yep, the swamp creatures don't want to leave their comfy habitat.
We saw much the same behavior on the part of Dems when Kentucky elected a honest Republican governor after a hundred years of Dem rule. The bureaucrats tried everything they could to make him look bad and didn't care whether it hurt actual people or not. A whole passel of them found out what "serves at the pleasure of the Governor" meant. Sounds like the Senate better get busy with confirmation so the new AG can clean that house. Those who actually care about good governance can be sorted from the politicos who are there to further the aims of the party. Trouble is, there is such partisanship that it's difficult to find people who do actually care about good governance.
It will take some time I think to sort out who is there to do the right thing and who is there to "be there for the party."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You can bet when Jeff Sessions is next "interrogated", the Dems are going to ask him how he would have proceeded.

I hope every Democrat politician up for re-election next year are kicked to the curb. They have gone extremist and their party comes before the American People.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Geez.

They are insane.

That must mean a great deal of the rest of the world are insane too, and that Donald and his team, are the only sane people in the world, that's the Donald who likes to cut down electricity poles to peoples houses because they won't sell them to him, and puts Huuuuge sand dunes in front of their houses, while also calling them pigs who live in slums. lovely feller, isn't he? But, how would you know?
edit on 30-1-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Justa reply to: xuenchen

Why do I feel like there's going to be a big terrorist attack soon?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Geez.

They are insane.

Yep, the swamp creatures don't want to leave their comfy habitat.
We saw much the same behavior on the part of Dems when Kentucky elected a honest Republican governor after a hundred years of Dem rule. The bureaucrats tried everything they could to make him look bad and didn't care whether it hurt actual people or not. A whole passel of them found out what "serves at the pleasure of the Governor" meant. Sounds like the Senate better get busy with confirmation so the new AG can clean that house. Those who actually care about good governance can be sorted from the politicos who are there to further the aims of the party. Trouble is, there is such partisanship that it's difficult to find people who do actually care about good governance.
It will take some time I think to sort out who is there to do the right thing and who is there to "be there for the party."

It's our job to find out who these Republican fools are who are stalling this confirmation of Sessions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join