It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Dissenting U.S. Diplomats: ‘Get With the Program’ or Leave

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

Echo chambers are dangerous because they become myopic and insulated. Dissent and opposing viewpoints are essential to making optimal choices.

Yuh shudda said Dictators become myopic and isolated...and paranoid, if not already.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CHONGO
It's not my fight but I remember very vividly when 8 years ago Nancy Pelosi said: WE WON SO SHUT UP!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel
Yes, that was my point. It is right and good that diplomats should pass back to their department their views on a foreign policy issue. That is what they are for.
But when they make it public that they are doing so, that's when all your criticisms come into play.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

to places like Somalia, Syria and other third world toilets. I think that will get the point across.
Better yet send them to the NE part of Russia .I think Putin could work with Trump on that one .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Libturds need to understand they are lifes losers for a reason, and taking the advice of losers makes the world go blind.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

It's not the fact people are complaining about the job but outright refusal to comply.

If trump was going above and beyond that scope as in being abusively threatening then yes that would be wrong.

Many of these people swore to uphold the same US Constitution.

Now, it's all about interpretation of that constitution.

If my interpretation of the Constitution differs from the President's interpretation, whose Constitutional interpretation should I uphold?

That's the paradox every officer of the U.S. Government now has to wrestle with.

If the President has such a vastly different interpretation of the U.S. Constitution from so many of the rank and file, how can those people follow him in good conscience?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

But when they make it public
that's it ... there are private channels to give grievence.
Why, for want of a better word, has the 'dissention' been officially 'leaked' to the press ?

To what aim, to what good ?
I'm staying with *relative* home consumption.

If i was on the diplomatic corps in a foreign country i would sure as hell be trying to stay there as i'd be more use there than at home.

I wouldn't want to be kicked out in a tit for tat retaliation measure.

On the other hand... it's a huge risk going public, especially with the current occupant of the WH.
How long before we see the signatories being given their marching orders ?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Your tears are soooo satisfying!

And LOL at the 200million number used as the group we are 'closing our doors' to.......... not even 1/100th of a percent of that is wanting to immigrate here.

More lying BS from your camp.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We really get 200 million Muslims in our nation?

I am the only one that see a problems here, darn close the darn airports the flood waters are drowning us, 200 million Muslim do we have room for all of them?

What the hell.

Is that true?

edit on 31-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join