It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The actual effect of terrorism. What one death really does!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The effects of a terrorist act are far more powerful than we think, it all makes sense once you start diving into the substantive facks. I will provide you with a micro and macro version of this equation.

Micro- so I sat down with my wife and wrote down everyone close to me that would be detrimentaly effected by my death. If I were the victim of a terrorist attack. After a few minutes we realized it was more people than I originally thought. The number is 77 people and that is a conservative number. It includes my wife her family also my family and friends. I'm sure if you were to sit down you would have around the same number of people or more.

Macro- In 2016 the number of deaths from terrorism is 28,328 people. I took that number and multiplied it by 77, the number I have for my family. The number is incredible.
World- 28,328 x 77 = 1,181,256 people effected
www.pewresearch.org...

Which brings me to my next point. All I hear is the pundits on MSM telling me that 99% of the immigrant refugees are good people and only want peace. As their heads are exploding cause Trump put a travel ban in effect I started running the numbers.
www.weeklystandard.com...

The United States resettled 38,901 muslim refugees in 2016. If 99% of them just want peace then that leaves the 1% that are here to do harm. Take 38,901 x .01 = 389 people that wish to do us harm.
Now 389 x 77 = 29,953 people potential effected by just one murder of these 1% of so called extremists.

There is a larger effect to just one terrorist victim than we can imagine. To be killed by a terrorist is much more damaging than say a car accident or a drug overdose.(all are horrible) The effect psychologically it has on a community are greater in my opinion. what say you? I agree with that ban.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Lenert29 because: Spelling

edit on 30-1-2017 by Lenert29 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lenert29

Great Post , Logical , and Dealing with Facts . The Law of Cause and Effect has Always been a Constant . This is Good Reason to Prevent even One More Terrorist Attack on Any Citizen around the World .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Interesting. Obviously not super comprehensive, but it's a nice way to get a generalized, tangible picture of the real effects involved. Thanks for the post!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
1,182,000 people effected by Terrorism.

You will probably have to continue multiplying if you knew the real figures.

Acts of terror happen all over the world, at any given time.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It could get even worse ... depending on a particular victim's social network and their decision to retaliate in kind.

Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Loss of anyone ever has ripples that can change lives in all sorts of ways. My husband died, it impacted many. But it shaped who we are and who knows what "good" or "bad" has come of it.

I made different decisions, I met different people, I made different career choices, I rode down the street on a particular day and time that I wouldn't have done if he lived. Maybe if that timeline ran its course, I would have had my family wiped out by a drunk driver, for example. Is it good or bad then that my husband died years ago. I have no way to know. It just is.

The math applies to other things. Drunk driving and stoned driving and texting while driving...these happen every day. People kill and maim people every day. And that same sphere of impact occurs.

Smoking kills. Domestic violence kills. Bullying causes suicides. The number of people impacted is the same anytime a death occurs. Do we care? Do we stop texting? (Well I don't text and drive, but many of you do perhaps) Be honest.. have you had a few too many and drove home? Luckily, if you have, you didn't kill an entire family. That impact would be there.

All I am saying is if you just look at these numbers, then by the logic, everyone should be sure not to remotely risk anyone's life by their actions to the same degree. Yet we don't. How many people will die tonight because someone was texting...

Just musing.

edit on 30-1-2017 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

True but we are not importing 39,000 drunk drivers. Just saying that there is no need to chance it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

Sorry for your loss and glad you were able to carry on... The difference in my opinion is when someone pulls a knife or a gun and terminates your life just because you are breathing and a different color or religion.... most take that as a personal affront and not some random accident scene or life choice.
edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
One could argue that the cause of of terrorism is either of two phenomena, politics or religion.
edit on 30-1-2017 by CHONGO because: no reason is a reason

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CHONGO
One could argue that the cause of of terrorism is either of two phenomena, politics or religion.

Then they would be right.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Lenert29

There are other issues at hand than the effects of a terror attack.

A question... What value do you place upon liberty and freedom? Do you believe these things are non-negotiables? Do you believe that these concepts have a value greater than life, that without them, life, mere fleshly existence has no value?

new topics

top topics

join