It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snails

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Many different cultures have used snails for medicine since ancient times.
They can be boiled, and then the juice can be added to tea or sweetened with all manner of other ingredients - helps relieve the symptoms of asthma and other breathing difficulties.

Other particular snails - you can use their 'slime' for aiding wound healing, reduction of swelling and pain at the wound site.

Snails have had lots of healing uses for centuries.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Yes, eggshells help as does copper netting surrounding the plants. But in a wet season like we experienced last summer, nothing seems to keep them away completely away. If only they'd eat the stuff that we humans dislike but they seem to have similar tastes, particularly where the strawberries are concerned. I'm sure the Creator had something in mind putting them among us so I don't use weapons of mass destruction on them, just my personal attempt to feed the birds when I find them in my garden.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Oh no - not Willem.

Here is an Honour Guard to see him on his way:

Happy Trails, Willem.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I know slugs and snails like bread.

At night I used to put out some bread for the mice who lived across the path. I'd see quite big slugs near my door and offered them bread. They loved it - pounced on it as much as a slug can pounce.

There was a snail who used to be out and about at that time, too, and I'd always make sure to give him some. I often wondered if they were too full afterwards to bother with the plants.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I doubt I'll ever start a thread about glow worms so I'll put in a word for them here. It's a truly magical experience to go for a late night walk towards the end of July and see these small, quiet green lights in the grass. They are lady glow worms trying to attract a mate, once successful they will lay their eggs and die.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to make this thread so enjoyable.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Cute thread, I love nature!
Everyone should stop and smell the flowers.

And, for the impending Day of Hearts, snail love.

Facing one's mortality? Or negotiations perhaps.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: alien

I'd like to hear about how the snails are used as natural medicines. I have never heard of this and am always up to learning new things.

Lil' bit of reading.........

-------------------------

edit on 212017 by BobbyRock because: mjau

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I hope you don't mind if I add to your thread

It's been raining bunches and I suppose the flower bed is damp and comfortable for them. There's not too many so, they don't bother me being there. The plants are fairly hardy and I suppose they (a few snails) can eat some in payment for me watching and playing with them.
Anyways, morning from TN!

posted on Feb, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Mind?? They're enchanting

Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join