It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama insinuated Trump is 'discriminating against individuals because of their faith'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah and that 200 million number isn't right at all. I seriously don't think that everyone in those 7 countries are on the immigration or refugee list to enter the states. If they are then our country is going to have a major.. Major overpopulation problem and immigration policies definitely need to be enforced.

Seriously folks.. The freeze is less than 90 days now... Get a grip.
edit on 30-1-2017 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

Yeah and that 200 million number isn't right at all. I seriously don't think that everyone in those 7 countries are on the immigration or refugee list to enter the states. If they are then our country is going to have a major.. Major overpopulation problem and immigration policies definitely need to be enforced.

And what happens after those 90 days?

This is "trigger finger" Trump we're talking about.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Profusion

Either Obama is ignorant or he is a liar.

Its been firmly established and proven: its not a Muslim ban. The majority of the Muslim world is unaffected by Trump's move.

I'd say its what Trump could get a way with.

We'll see what happens after 90 days.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

As far as we all know it's going to be business as usual. There are no further plan on this issue that extend the 90 days. It's best not to panic and cause a hysteria over something until it's something. The whole "Trumps banning Muslims from 7 countries he picked" media narrative is evidence of that.

What do we do if this freeze is lifted before 90 days?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Its been firmly established and proven: its not a Muslim ban. The majority of the Muslim world is unaffected by Trump's move.

I'd say its what Trump could get a way with.

We'll see what happens after 90 days.

Slippery Slope is fallacious thinking.

I hear what you're saying....but you are essentially trying to bring nonexistant facts to bear on the conversation. When the claims against him are proven false, the response is, "Yeah, well he would have done worse im sure. And i bet after 90 days he'll eat babies".

Do you not see how this looks to someone who isn't partisan?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

And what Obama says matters why? His Presidency and "legacy" was repudiated with the election of Trump. He needs to be erased from the internet and history.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The left has no issue bombing these countries, but when Trump issues a partial ban they lose their minds!

edit on 30-1-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

And what happens after those 90 days?

This is "trigger finger" Trump we're talking about.

Annee you seem to be suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect.

Dunning and Kruger have postulated that the effect is the result of internal illusion in those of low ability, and external misperception in those of high ability

This is so true about lefties.

Come on Phage you have to agree with me on this, alot of the Left are suffering this.

So far Trump has been one of the most competent presidents fulfilling his electoral promises. 8-9 days in.
edit on 30-1-2017 by muSSang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

File that under 'alternatefact'

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

So far Trump has been one of the most competent presidents fulfilling his electoral promises. 8-9 days in.

His EOs and "memoranda" have not, as yet, faced any court challenges.

You might want to hold back on that "competent" part for a few months.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Obama went against his own National Security advisors, by not initiating the protective measures that President Trump is deploying. He (OBAMA) wanted to protect Muslims, at the potential expense of American lives.

THAT is Discrimination.. or Reverse Discrimination? Either way, it's potentially DEADLY to Americans.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

He did say "So far".

Because I do realize that after 8 years of our former Commander in Chief not closing Gitmo, it likely just won't happen. Because we've come to expect candidates to give empty promises, and then fail to even call them on it.

Its apparently a different world. Our newly elected POTUS is doing what he said he'd do. Im not marveling at the man so much as the fact that i've never seen a candidate do that before. I wish he'd have said "No new taxes".

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Because I do realize that after 8 years of our former Commander in Chief not closing Gitmo, it likely just won't happen
Yeah, well his EO closing Gitmo didn't last long did it. We'll see how Trump's do.
thehill.com...

Is it odd to you that the many of the same people who decried EO's as "writing laws" are hailing those of Trump?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It would be.. Dare I say.. Muslim privilege?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't recall decrying EO's.

Maybe specific decisions, but on the whole not that I recall.

ANd all im praising is Trumps apparent desire to do what he said he'd do. I like that kind of thing due to the work I do

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if he is or not. It's not illegal. They are not US citizens. They can kiss our collective a$$es, and Obama can # off.

Good job Mr. President!
edit on 30-1-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Obama is an embarrassment.
Trump's EO is no different that Obama's own actions.

United States Begins Implementation of Changes to the Visa Waiver Program
January 2016

WASHINGTON—The United States today began implementing changes under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (the Act). U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) welcomes more than a million passengers arriving to the United States every day and is committed to facilitating legitimate travel while maintaining the highest standards of security and border protection. Under the Act, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):

Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.

DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program
February, 2016

WASHINGTON—The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.

edit on 1/30/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join