It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take First Steps to Kill Five Obama-Era Regulations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wanted to title this thread: Look at What Trump Did Today!! I'll float that for someone else to use. -heh heh-

Reuters
House Republicans on Monday began the process of killing five Obama-era rules on corruption, the environment, labor, and guns under the first real test of the Congressional Review Act, a law intended to keep regulation in check.

The fifth one seemed to have something to do with 0bamaCare ... who knows?

I have wanted to see someone come along and reduce regulation for so long. I think I lost hope a quarter century back. I'm gonna have to go look after I post this, but I believe Trump wants to kill two pieces of legislation every time one new piece is introduced. Just another element of Trump I can totally get behind.

If anyone has _an in_ with Trump's administration, shoot him a suggestion to incorporate a Sunset Clause into all legislation.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank God! I was afraid when they were lopping the tops off mountains, mining companies wouldn't be able to adequately contaminate the water too. Phew!

And this?

The extraction rule took years to complete. It was required in the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform law, but only approved this summer. It requires companies such as Exxon Mobil Corp (XOM.N) to state publicly how much they pay governments in taxes and other fees.

I'd hate to find out how much these companies aren't paying in taxes and fees as they continue to suck down federal subsidies! The horror! The corruption and cronyism that might be uncovered! Can't have that can we?!
edit on 2017-1-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated.
trump-meter.com...

“President Donald Trump signed an order on Monday that will seek to dramatically pare back federal regulations by requiring agencies to cut two existing regulations for every new rule introduced.

“This will be the biggest such act that our country has ever seen. There will be regulation, there will be control, but it will be normalized control,” Trump said as he signed the order in the Oval Office, surrounded by a group of small business owners.

Trump’s latest executive action will prepare a process for the White House to set an annual cap on the cost of new regulations, a senior official told reporters ahead of the signing.”

Another promise kept...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

And really, restricting emissions of methane? It's 25x more potent a greenhouse gas than CO2 but since AGW is a Chinese hoax anyway, f# it. More methane please!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

On the face of it, I would agree that that is one regulation that should be in place.

But coming from you with no source, it's just as likely that you made it up.

Edit:

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: watchitburn

It's just as likely that I made up what? First off, I cited the OP's source. Secondly, do you have some evidence of me making things up? You'll have to forgive me but I take issue with being called a liar.

Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers

Stream Protection Rule

Methane emissions

I apologize, I mistook you for another member. I was wrong.
edit on 30-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

this is good to hear. I thought the Republicans packed up and went home to let Donald Trump run the country by himself.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It's just as likely that I made up what? First off, I cited the OP's source. Secondly, do you have some evidence of me making things up? You'll have to forgive me but I take issue with being called a liar.

Disclosure of Payments by Resource Extraction Issuers

Stream Protection Rule

Methane emissions

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Well if it is legit once temperatures get warm enough to melt permafrost and large amounts of methane start
burping into the atmosphere that is when the fun really starts.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Love your EPA source. Won't take long for Trump to have that thrown into the Bonfire of Truth along with their AGW propaganda.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

And really, restricting emissions of methane? It's 25x more potent a greenhouse gas than CO2 but since AGW is a Chinese hoax anyway, f# it. More methane please!
But the left were clap trapping about CO2 ,CO2,the sky is falling and the world would end because of CO2 ...to the point of making pointless regulations not on methane but you guessed it CO2 .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The guy really is a workaholic ... and definitely the boss when it comes to his appointees... So far... I have not been disappointed with his attempts and E.O.s to...... wait for it "Make America Great Again"! hahhhaha

The lies and innuendo the MSN fake news organizations are putting out seems to show no signs of abatement.. The Muslim ban is just the latest much ado about nothing.. Looks like the old "Tiger by the tail" could apply to the NWO crowd and those who were and are trying to destroy the sovereignty of nations world wide had better have a place to run to when they are forced to let go, No? youtu.be...

I just hope he and his family live long enough to act upon his campaign promises

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
In all seriousness ... this isn't a direct reply to 727Sky's post.

a reply to: 727Sky

People need to hear what's behind the words of Spicer in that interview. If there's an incident on American soil ... that door is slamming shut as a matter of national security.

After that, it won't matter who opposes what Trump wants. You wouldn't want to invite that kind of scrutiny on yourself.

People die as a result of terrorism. You accidentally identify yourself as being on the wrong side of the line ... and it's not like you're gonna find yourself on some silly No-Fly list ... You're gonna be on the Enemies of The State list. That'll crimp your family life-style.

Don't make me say, "I told ya so."

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh goody. I can't wait for the jobs to trickle down.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky If soros could be arrested for inciting riots in the USA that would help solve a lot of the problems his zombies are causing.

top topics

join