It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tests ballistic missile in defiance of UN resolution, US officials say

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Possible Iran has tested a missile and violated some treaties !!

Perhaps "testing" Trump. Not wise imo.

They may have violated an 8-year test ban (again).

Iran tests ballistic missile in defiance of UN resolution, US officials say

UN resolution, US officials say

By Lucas Tomlinson, Jennifer Griffin Published January 30, 2017 FoxNews.com

Now Playing

US official: Iran conducts another ballistic missile test
Never autoplay videos

Iran conducted its first ballistic missile test under Donald Trump's presidency, in yet another apparent violation of a United Nations resolution, U.S. officials told Fox News on Monday.

The launch occurred Sunday at a well-known test site outside Semnan, about 140 miles east of Tehran, Fox News was first to learn.

The Khorramshahr medium-range ballistic missile flew 600 miles before exploding, in a failed test of a reentry vehicle, officials said. Iran defense minister Brigadier Gen. Hossein Dehqan said in September that Iran would start production of the missile.

U.N. resolution 2231 -- put in place days after the Iran nuclear deal was signed -- calls on the Islamic Republic not to conduct such tests. However, this is at least Iran's second such test since July. The resolution bars Iran from conducting ballistic missile tests for eight years and went into effect July 20, 2015.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It's Iran.

So it has to be a missile of peace, love, understanding. . . . . and maybe nukes or anthrax

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You only care about UN resolutions when it suits you.

No one, not a single nation, has ignored more resolutions than Israel, with US backing I might add.

So get over it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

You only care about UN resolutions when it suits you.
UN who ? ....I think Trump said something about a UN a while back .What was that policy ? anyone ...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Set the dial to stone age,
Target military,
Bomb em.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Everything is always lopsided.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
this must be fake news because Obama paid Iran a lot of money to not do these kind of things surely Iran didn`t lie to Obama?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well, what is trump's stance on the UN? if trumps thinks the UN is comprised of a bunch of panzies then this nullifies resolutions in my point of view.

amount of warhead dropped on foreheads by Iran in the past 2 decades: 0
its not Iran's missiles the UN needs to worry about creating chaos in the ME.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Trump might decide to take matters "into his own hands" !!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It's Iran.

Thought it was Irocket.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
this must be fake news because Obama paid Iran a lot of money to not do these kind of things surely Iran didn`t lie to Obama?

Actually he just paid them with their own money in which they paid to foreign fighters in Syria,Yemen, and the other five.
edit on 30-1-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump might decide to take matters "into his own hands" !!

That idiot is itching for warfare. Eight days in and he's upset eight other countries and counting. He's hopeless.
He doesn't care the first thing about maintaining world Peace.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Mr. Obama Knew this would Eventually Happen . He has left it to President Trump to Clean Up his Mess . Typical .....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Mr. Obama Knew this would Eventually Happen . He has left it to President Trump to Clean Up his Mess . Typical .....

Seriously? Was it not made clear enough to you that Clinton was to be the President as far as Obama was concerned? And "he left it to Trump?"

Foolish comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

The Outcome of the U.S. Presidential Election was Obvious to Most Aware People , Hillary did not Stand a Chance of Winning . You are just Parroting a MSM Liberal Myth .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The Outcome of the U.S. Presidential Election was Obvious to Most Aware People , Hillary did not Stand a Chance of Winning . You are just Parroting a MSM Liberal Myth .

nvm
edit on 1/30/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Violated what exactly..?

Recent treaties and (sign up deals) was a about nuclear activities, it was not about the color of the panties they should wear, or how they should wear etc.

Grow up f***ing israhellies firsters, are we talking about a sovereign nation and their movements toward the rights of betterments of self-defense? Or, are we talking about a (slave) nation who does exactly what they are being told to by the idiot..?

Stop right there…!

You are issuing order to a proud nation of at least 5000+ years of traditions and culture compare to 300 years of muricans existence.

Here is my middle fingers… add 80 millions of it, trust me... you are not going anywhere.

Iran has every right to defend itself (with whatever) against the hordes of the evil!

edit on 30-1-2017 by Syphone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thank You for your Kind Response .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Makes me really wonder.

Am I the only one who has noticed a definite uptick of reporters interviewing Iranian migrants/immigrants at the airports. Suggests to me that Iranians with brains and resources are fleeing Iran.............for a reason. They may be concerned that the world is on the verge of Iran dropping the last shoe.............on Israel, and are fleeing for fear of Israeli/US reprisals.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Thank You for your Kind Response .

Okay I deserved that. Thin patience today. Sorry. I removed it.

OH! Not to insinuate that you aren't wrong though! Of course you are! lol.
edit on 1/30/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join