It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we shareholders in Trump's businesses?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This topic came up today in a conversation so I wanted to ask opinions of those that know more -- with the president not having resigned from any of his businesses nor liquidated any holdings, by becoming our president, are we all now in effect shareholders in his businesses?

And two, with his business properties effectively being satellite White Houses is it legal to stage protests in front of his businesses now since he made them part of the government?
edit on 30-1-2017 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I want my stock options !!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

We're shareholders in Trumps business if any of them should be attacked by terrorists, that's for sure!

Boots on the ground!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I thought we were his "Apprentices"?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Would have loved to hear the conversation regarding how someone would think we the people would be granted automatic ownership of an individuals property.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm on the board of directors so if anyone has any issues you can call me at 1.800.EAT.****

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Anyone who pays taxes is a shareholder in the united states of America incorporated in 1776.

President Trump is the current commander in chief And head of the executive branch...

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Arguably, the US is being incorporated into Trump inc, with Trumps business interests coming first and above all state affairs.

- Unless there is hard cast evidence that the Pres. has divested himself from his businesses -

So, yes, it could be construed that an infinite part of individuel US taxes are linked to Trump corp given the nebulosity of his busness.

As for the demonstrations in front of his properties ... at present they are just 'his' buildings in name only (he sells the Trump name to build and sell his towers, don't forget)

Unless he demands that everything with the Trump name be recognised as a state entity, then protests are perfectly legal...

Unless local state security deems otherwise (public disruption, public danger, urban trouble ... the list is endless)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

So with all of us shareholders in America and him making the business a part of American government in effect by not relinquishing them, is there any way this could become a legal challenge?

Also, anyone know if people can now protest in front of a private business if that business belongs to the head of the government?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Unless local state security deems otherwise (public disruption, public danger, urban trouble ... the list is endless)

Thank you for the post.

That's why I ask the second part of the question. Can the state or federal security even deem that as public disruption if the business belongs to the head of state and the constitution grants rights to peaceful protest.

So in effect an indefinite peaceful protest can be staged in front of all his businesses, concurrently, even if they obstruct profit, up to the point he decides to relinquish them, correct?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

So with all of us shareholders in America and him making the business a part of American government in effect by not relinquishing them, is there any way this could become a legal challenge?

Also, anyone know if people can now protest in front of a private business if that business belongs to the head of the government?

People can lawfully protest anywhere they want as long as they have a permit if required..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And ther's the rub ...

an indefinite peaceful protest can be staged in front of all his businesses, concurrently, even if they obstruct profit, up to the point he decides to relinquish them, correct?

Yup !

But, if ...
'if' is a big word

If a city, town, or whatever considers that a 'peaceful protest' risks to turn violent,
infront of a Trump hotel, mall or whatever,

they could ...
order indertidiction
on public safety and national security grounds

Equally, protection of private property
means sending in the police/army to 'dispel the unhappy few.

If Trump edicts that his buildings are US protectorates
(!that would need shady shennanigans to pass that one through congress!)

Then yes,
protesting would potentially lead to being confronted by
the equivalent of the local Trump pretorian guard...

We're not there (yet) !

Get your protesting boots on,
your gas mask too
(local gvmnts don't like a vociferous population, be proteced whilst taking action)

in front of all his businesses, concurrently, even if they obstruct profit, up to the point he decides to relinquish them, correct?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I know a lot of people are not happy with the outcome of the election,that is understandable, but this throw everything at the wall and see what sticks strategy, that these reality deniers are running with, does nothing for there credibility going forward.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mike Stivic

originally posted by: Kharron

People can lawfully protest anywhere they want as long as they have a permit if required..

Respectfully,
~meathead

Yes they can, but if they obstruct business or someone's livelihood a business can request protection and for removal, right?

This is different as the owner of the business is the president, and therefore people are gathering to protest in front of what is in effect a government building. Because of that, as long as there is no violence, protest should be legal and cannot be dispersed.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

"by not relinquishing"

"private business"

"belongs to the head of the government?"

sigh...what is ATS coming to? A new convoluted thread over nothing every 5 minutes on ATS. No substance, just musings, looking for tenuous connections.

"It rained today...does that mean that the CIA"

From the OP

This topic came up today in a conversation...
shareholders in his businesses?

share...holder....are you on the internetz? Look it up yourself - you could have quietly continued the conversation with your friends without creating yet another 2 minute soundbyte trying to draw some attention to some imagined scenario

Also, anyone know if people can now protest

A protest is a protest is a protest. Do you need ATS's permission to go to Church or to the toilet?
hahahaha

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I get the 'accept the new reality' thing

Many people don't

That's what Trumpists don't get : millions of people don't 'geddit'
Trumpism doesn't galvanise the rest of the world (we don't care, we're the USA USA USA yeah !)

The 'others' are galvanised by other things, other perspectives and perceptions
Maybe a more 'equal' way of life (?)

Maybe an end to stupid wars for ressources
that perpetuate populations fleeing their homeland
only to be sent back to bombs, snipers and drones ...

It's a vicious cycle

They want to flee (from our nefarious actions)
to somewheare safe

but where ?

Not the states ...

"Give me your huddled masses ..."

Anyone know the whole thing by heart ?

Are you not ashamed by the way things are going ?

Enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
sigh...what is ATS coming to? A new convoluted thread over nothing every 5 minutes on ATS. No substance, just musings, looking for tenuous connections.

Indeed. It seems it's coming to a long list of politicized and sensational posts that garner a ton of attention. It also seems that it has changed a lot since I got started here in the early 2000s -- I remember that discussing our rights was not derided and ridiculed back then.

The decade of ignorance seems to be affecting us here as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
His businesses are private and therefore no shares.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I am...Not that I want to be....But have a 401k and a 405a 1/2 stocks and bonds, 1/2 in real estate. The portfolio has dozens and dozens of all the major and lesser companies...And he's in there with prob at least 50% of them.

My State of Michigan retirements with are with TIAA-CREF....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Trump will end up with us all, paying at least 1ct in his name

Trump tax !

On it's way

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join