It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: bender151

No, you see, you talked about Obama.

This thread isn't about Obama. He's irrelevant, as he's not around any more.

This thread is about the term "muslim ban", and how its not one.

Hence the title of my OP

And yet Obama and his lap dog media were still blaming Bush well in to his second term.......

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I have to say, the moderators on this site have been getting really partisan lately. How many threads is this in the past few days?

Not just lately, and very few who actually wouldn't condone the new President, but we're getting a bit off topic.
The actual EO is short on detail as to how everything was to be accomplished on the ground, (there is legal stuff) about who should be detained, but not much in the way of how people being detained would be screened, and questioned, and according to some agents they were not properly informed, one lawyer asked who he should see for his client, and was told by an agent, "Mr President". People should not be treated like that, regardless of any EO.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

But its not about either of them now, is it?

And that's not what this thread is about.

Lets not deflect away from the subject.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

And?

Thats relevant to this subject now...... how?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I already linked to the original ABC news article of that time. It says in plain language that the processing of refugees was halted while they went back and checked all the ones they had already let in and then the ones already in the system with a fine-toothed comb. During that timeframe, no one was going anywhere which basically means the processing of refugees was halted.

Essentially, ABC is walking back their own story now that its inconvenient for people to remember what they themselves wrote about it, but back then, it made everyone feel better about things to think that no one was going anywhere while Obama and Co. checked everyone out.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

What is this thread about ?

Something that never was?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: KEACHI
a reply to: swedy13

Actually it could be a complete ban on Muslims and be legal.

That would be the end of USA as we know it .

Are sure that you are on the " Right Side " ?

Ok I will bite....just how do you figure it would be the end of the USA as we know it?

www.investors.com...

Trump has been talking about banning entry from certain countries for 18 months, why are you Leftists surprised?
You figured it would be just another lie told by a politician to get elected I guess eh?
Trump's words resonated with the people that voted for him, people that were tired of seeing this country go down the toilet.
Now that he has done this, among the other things he said he would do, it's more hysterics from you guys, on top of all the hysterics since he has won. What the hell do you Leftists care that he is banning immigration temporarily from a few countries that could be considered dangerous?
You guys claim to be the more tolerant side but yet you guys are always attacking everybody that has a different opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

But its not about either of them now, is it?

Lets not deflect away from the subject.

Nef, honestly it depends entirely on which side of a double standard you're on, don't you think?

Carry on by all means, tis an intriguing thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
OP?

you didn't even read the executive order, just like the rest of them.

You are just a troll.
edit on 30-1-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

7 out of over 40+ other muslim countries? those 7 were hand picked my Obama.

Well he is half white so yeah, it is racist??

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" horrors like THIS ban. "

How Exactly is a Travel Ban of Seven Countries so far who are known to harbor Radical Islamic Terrorists considered to be a Horror ? Don't you want our Government to Prevent Future Acts of Terror on our Shores or Not ?

I like this absolute either/or you present me like if I DON'T agree with this ban that means I automatically want to promote future terrorism on American soil. Would you like to try this again, this time without the logical fallacy?

There is the Rub , you either Support the Ban for the Safty of All , or Reject it out of Personal Political Reasons . There is no " Middle Ground " in a Decision like that I am afraid....

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Re-read the OP?

Its about me agreeing its not a muslim ban.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gernblan

Sorry....how did you come to that conclusion based on me saying its not a muslim ban?

Please - explain.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Re-read the OP?

Its about me agreeing its not a muslim ban.

Well then fly over here and tell every one across the country protesting it's not one.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

a reply to: TheBulk

And?

Thats relevant to this subject now...... how?

It exposes all of this fake outrage for what it is.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

"not a Muslim ban" but then you go into a diatribe about "religious stereo-typing..."

Bottom line, sometimes happy warm fuzzies don't go hand-in-hand with common sense measures needed for security. This is such a time. In matters of national security, there is no room nor place for idealistic humanitarianism.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
If you want to call it as it is, it's a common sense plan.

Don't let people come in without more extreme vetting, period.

What is so hard to understand about that?

We already have extreme vetting, and there were not only no terrorist attacks from citizens of those countries in the U.S., there have been no deaths / murders by citizens of the countries in the ban. Meanwhile, some countries like Saudi Arabia, whose immigrants have killed over 2,000 Americans, are not included in the ban. It is an emotional ban without reason. Trump doesn't listen to the experts, which is why his proposal makes no sense.
edit on 30pmMon, 30 Jan 2017 16:36:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 30pmMon, 30 Jan 2017 16:37:39 -0600kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

7 out of over 40+ other muslim countries? those 7 were hand picked my Obama.

Well he is half white so yeah, it is racist??

This is not about Obama. When Obama was president, many Trump fans got all irate when Bush was brought up. So, don't give me Obama.

Honestly, I'm about the process and rules of how government works.

Doing whatever you like, and letting your lawyers (cohorts) clean it up is not OK.

It pisses people off.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Again, this is a list made up by Obama's administration.

But the reason why those particular countries have been tagged is because they are regionally unstable. And one of them is an open and avowed enemy of the US and open sponsor of terrorist orgs in the world.

For all of them, the window is temporary except for Syria.

The measure is more or less there to give us time to install a better vetting process or make sure the current one is up to snuff. It also serves the process of letting those other stable regimes where terrorists have come from in the past know that we are serious when we say put a lid on it or else. It's a negotiating tool. I also expect it will be used.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Convenient how you don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot, but the Bush card was still strong with the left after 8 years, so that's about the limit on the Obama card.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join