It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: neformore

Unfortunately, the majority of people do not, have not and will not consider much behind soundbites and slogans. With that, I'll give you a brief statement of Trump strategy:

Donald Trump sells people s# they don't need and suckers rush to thank him for it.

You're right. Most poeple won't and that's why this is a Muslim Ban instead of a temporary travel restriction from some very unstable countries unlikely be able to realistically vet who does and does not leave their countries and/or provide solid records to verify who these people are.

A few months to put in place a system to try to screen out the ones like to drive cars through large crowds or attempts to procure firearms and unleash large volleys of bullets into large crowds of the unsuspecting would be a nice precaution. Don't you think?

We have enough problems as it is without rolling out the welcome mat for more.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The only label I need is simple and concise. Unconstitutional.

How?

The constitution does not guarantee the rights of non citizens to enter the USA.

The USA has the right to refuse entry to anyone who is not a citizen.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

This is what a majority of Americans wanted.

This is what a majority of Americans voted for.

30.5% voted Trump
31.5% voted Hillary
38% were not satisfied with either of those choices.

These numbers are based on the number of registered voters in America.
Do tell me what you think the word majority means.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" conflating a few anecdotes "

So , I guess you will just Downplay the Deaths of Innocent People who were Killed in Terror Attacks , and just Consider the Loss of their Lives to be Nothing more than " a few anecdotes " I mentioned in making a Point as to the Need of President Trump's Travel Ban from Certain Countries that Harbor such Dispicable People ? I see .........

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

30.5% voted Trump
31.5% voted Hillary
38% were too stupid or too lazy to be involved in the direction that their country goes in

There fixed that for you

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

So , I guess you will just Downplay the Deaths of Innocent People who were Killed in Terror Attacks , and just Consider the Loss of their Lives to be Nothing more than " a few anecdotes " I mentioned in making a Point as to the Need of President Trump's Travel Ban from Certain Countries that Harbor such Dispicable People ? I see .........

I will if those events are going to be used to promote horrors like THIS ban.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There are no court orders that have nullified the EO.

Even the "Green Card" frenzy has been clarified and showed to be rumor.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

How?

The constitution does not guarantee the rights of non citizens to enter the USA.

You also can't have a religious test and this EO is REALLY close to giving one. Especially with that "minority religion" clause in it.

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

30.5% voted Trump
31.5% voted Hillary
38% were too stupid or too lazy to be involved in the direction that their country goes in

There fixed that for you

You're absolutely right, here's two pills, swallow one or you're lazy and or stupid.

You didn't fix anything for me and I'll politely ask you to keep the rhetorical attacks on other Americans in the mud pit where they belong.

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There are no court orders that have nullified the EO.

Even the "Green Card" frenzy has been clarified and showed to be rumor.

So emoticon dismissals it is then. Thought so.

+4 more 
link   

Oh no! People might have to wait for three months.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Again only when it go's against certain peoples view do we hear the cry wolf of "it's unconstitutional." It is more of a excuse these days than a statement of any real meaning. Let me put it to you this way, we get lots of people who say the 2nd amendment is a anachronism and not applicable to the modern world because the founding fathers didn't forsee the advent of automatic weapons. On the same hand our immigration laws came from a time when no one could forsee the invention of the airplane and a trip that used to take weeks now only takes hours. Not to mention that we have many precedents form past presidents to limit the types of people coming in to the US.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The minority religion thing has been part of policy forever ... longer than Obama and Bush and before them. It is a standard part of US refugee policy because religion is one of the things people world over face persecution for and that is one of the things that makes a refugee and defines who can claim asylum.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Two false angles have circled the globe in regards to this executive order, and the people protesting are a direct result of the false reporting, the virtue-signalling by the culprits, and the group think of everyone else. 1) That this is a Muslim ban. 2) That it is a conflict of interest to Trump's businesses. Both are false or otherwise without merit, but have no less incited mass protest and indignation.

How many people have been hurt by Trump's executive order? Zero. Yet here we are.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Its amazing how many people want to argue when I agree with them.

I'm not saying its a muslim ban.

The complaint has been that people are calling it one. I'm not.

When I said it was based on very little evidence, that's because it is.

When I said it was fear based, thats because it is. It is based on the fear of terrorism.

When I said it pandered to Trumps core voters, thats because it does. He promised it to them.

None of the above is not true.

Why are people arguing with that? I think people just like to argue.

link   

30.5% voted Trump
31.5% voted Hillary
38% were not satisfied with either of those choices.

That independent voters can't organize and not everyone lives in the city.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Oh no! People might have to wait for three months.

Three months in a destabilized country isn't exactly like spending three months at the downtown Marriott you know?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

How?

Whether they are consciously aware of this is yet to be determined, but folks are encouraging a borderless global open society to take precedence over their sovereign Constitutional rights and privileges - nationalism is being relegated to the history books and supplanted with a meme of reliance on the maga-state.....the age old NWO propaganda meme of 'we're all human and the planet belongs to everyone equally' is alive and well and in regular use.

All I see now are certain folks parroting the desires of George Soros.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Again only when it go's against certain peoples view do we hear the cry wolf of "it's unconstitutional." It is more of a excuse these days than a statement of any real meaning. Let me put it to you this way, we get lots of people who say the 2nd amendment is a anachronism and not applicable to the modern world because the founding fathers didn't forsee the advent of automatic weapons. On the same hand our immigration laws came from a time when no one could forsee the invention of the airplane and a trip that used to take weeks now only takes hours. Not to mention that we have many precedents form past presidents to limit the types of people coming in to the US.

Good thing the courts still exist to settle these disputes, no? If this ends up ruled unconstitutional will you come back and tell me you were mistaken? Or will you still be telling me that liberals are crying wolf?
edit on 30-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

" horrors like THIS ban. "

How Exactly is a Travel Ban of Seven Countries so far who are known to harbor Radical Islamic Terrorists considered to be a Horror ? Don't you want our Government to Prevent Future Acts of Terror on our Shores or Not ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join