It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It is a risk-based ALARP plan to curtail any influx of radical Islamic terrorists, and unfortunately for the triggered snowflakes, he gives ZERO flux what they cry about, it's happening so let's not deny reality and supplant opinionated fantasy in its place.

/soundbyte

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: ketsuko

He didn't. Read the link.

Yes he did.

abcnews.go.com...

Because they discovered that several doizen terrorist bomb makers hadcome in at the time ad they even found them in Kentucky.

This prompted them to stop processing all refugees for six months while they did an exhaustive check and re-check to make sure that everyone was properly vetted and that no more terrorist bomb makers were hiding out.

Do you know what happens when the vetting process stops? No more refugees are allowed to come in. In other words, they stopped all refugees for 6 months.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think what they want at the moment is diplomatic travel to America for the time being.

From Muslim countries anyway.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

There's no court that overturned the EO.

The EO is based on several existing laws and cited in the EO text.

The EO is in full effect right now.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

Is that really your rebuttal? That's funny!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the Executive Order doesn't even have the words Muslim or Ban anywhere in it.

It is a temporary travel restriction in those seven countries for three months until Trump has put in place the correct vetting methods.

Also apparently 57% of American voters support these temporary restrictions...
www.rasmussenreports.com... _havens

I thought I would post that here as I don't think we need any new Trump threads

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Ivery little substance in terms of actual proof

But there is proof of refugees turned terrorist in the US.

Bilal Abood admitted to the United States through the Special Immigrant Visa program for Iraqi translators in 2009, and subsequently became a citizen. Abood enlisted in the Army and went through basic training at Fort Jackson in 2010, but left for unknown reasons. According to court documents, after being prevented from boarding an international flight, Abood told FBI agents that he intended to go to Iraq to visit family. Subsequently, Abood left the United States through Mexico and then traveled through various countries to get to Syria to join ISIS. A subsequent search of his computer revealed that he pledged an oath to the leader of ISIS, despite denying that he had ever made such a pledge.

Aws Mohammed Younis Al-Jayab. He was separately indicted on March 17, 2016 for attempting to provide material support to acts of violence overseas. Al-Jayab -- a Palestinian born in Iraq -- was admitted to the United States as a refugee in 2012. According to the criminal complaint, beginning in October of 2012 -- the very same month he first arrived in the United States -- Al-Jayab began communicating with numerous individuals about his intention to go to Syria and fight for terrorist organizations.

Omar Faraj Saeed Al Hardan came to the United States as a refugee in 2009, and obtained a green card in 2011. When applying to become a U.S. citizen, he knowingly responded, certified, and swore untruthfully that he was not associated with a terrorist organization when, in fact, he associated with members and sympathizers of ISIS throughout 2014. During an interview in October 2015, Al Hardan falsely represented that he had never received any type of weapons training, when in fact he had received automatic machine gun training. According to media accounts, Al Hardan told his wife "I will go to Syria. I want to blow myself up. . . . I am against America."

Click for more examples of "vetted" refugees turned terrorist.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So that's why 4 federal courts have already overturned parts of it and there are legal battles across the country trying to get it overturned as unconstitutional huh? You DO know that Trump doesn't determine constitutionality right? That isn't his branch of the government.

That is because it has been so popular to review laws and EO's by how they make people feel not by their actual legality. Restricting fire-arms is unconstitutional but we see that being done all the time. The only common factors there are the potential for death and serious injury! So please don't act like it's okay for the courts to get involved when causes you believe in are threatened.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is the second thread I've seen you repeat that lie.
In the last 24 hours, four federal courts have objected to Trump’s actions

It hasn't been fully repealed yet, but it is NOT fully in effect any more.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The fear based pandering came from the MSM, not the EO.

CNN especially has been repeating hundreds of lies for 36 hours already.

All the "in transit" issues have been resolved.

And so far, nobody has been detained for more than a few hours.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

So that's why 4 federal courts have already overturned parts of it and there are legal battles across the country trying to get it overturned as unconstitutional huh? You DO know that Trump doesn't determine constitutionality right? That isn't his branch of the government.

That is because it has been so popular to review laws and EO's by how they make people feel not by their actual legality. Restricting fire-arms is unconstitutional but we see that being done all the time. The only common factors there are the potential for death and serious injury! So please don't act like it's okay for the courts to get involved when causes you believe in are threatened.

It IS ok for the courts to get involved. That's why they exist. To make sure that EO's and laws from the other two branches are on the up-and-up. I'm not sure what your point was here.

+7 more 
link   

Unfortunately, the majority of people do not, have not and will not consider much behind soundbites and slogans. With that, I'll give you a brief statement of Trump strategy:

Donald Trump sells people s# they don't need and suckers rush to thank him for it.

+4 more 
link   

All issues are resolved.

The EO is in full effect as of this minute.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Its a fear-based pandering to the lowest common denominator of religious stereo-typing born out of massive ignorance with very little substance in terms of actual proof of evident cause and effect piece of political showmanship that has been rushed in to place to cater for Trumps "core" audience

Admittedly, thats not as good a soundbyte, but it captures the essence of it.

And while we're on the subject of things that aren't something - no, its not the same as what Obama did - as you can read here;
foreignpolicy.com...

The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.
It's not just the terrorists Trump wants to ban...It's those who refuse to accept our laws that will be on the list...All one has to do is look at the situation in Europe...If that appeals to you I hope you move over there but I am not willing to let it happen here...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Is that really your rebuttal? That's funny!

Why YES I do think that the number 1 killer in the US is more important to fight than this:
Terrorism by Muslims makes up one-third of 1 percent of all murders in the US
edit on 30-1-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No it is Donald Trump doing what he said he would.

It was a campaign promise he was elected on.

I think it pointless but it WAS a campaign promise that he was elected on.

The US people voted for him. You get the president you deserve.

Dont like it? Well the left should have run a less repulsive candidate.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

All issues are resolved.

The EO is in full effect as of this minute.

Proof? Or are we just going to dismiss this away with emoticons as your usual MO?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

Opinion is food for thought, is it not?

You're feeding your soul with junk food perhaps?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join