It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: neformore

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

I have a few questions for you and anyone else reading this that disagrees with the ban.

Question 1.
Should there be a vetting process?

If yes: Why not take the time to create a really good vetting process in order to save as many American lives as possible?

If no : This conversation is terminated.

Question 2.
How does letting in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Question 1: Yes. It already exists and is pretty damn thorough since it takes something like 3 - 6 months to be properly vetted as a refugee.
Question 2: False correlation. You let in refugees because it is the humane and reasonable thing to do, not for some sort of quid pro quo.

"Humane and reasonable thing to do" Really?? This right here is the emotional flaw that a lot of individuals are plagued with.

This emotional knee jerk way of thinking is how people get killed!

So how many refugees should we let in till our country is no longer our country anymore? huh? When does it stop? huh?

Open arms forever?

All this anti-wall talk and all this welcoming refugees is defeating the definition of a "country"

If it was up to people like you, the dilution of America will be here asap!

How does the influx of refugees cause the country not to be yours anymore? Last I checked Muslims make up something like 1% of the total population in the country. A few extra thousand refugees aren't exactly going to swing things in Muslims' favor that much. That is just a pure numbers game.

Correct, 1%, that's about 3.3 million.

The U.S. Muslim population will grow faster than the Hindu population and much faster than the Jewish population in the coming decades. Indeed, even before 2040, Muslims are projected to become the second-largest religious group in the U.S., after Christians.

3 million goes to 6, then to 12 and... get it?

and.... If it was completely up to the bleeding heart Libs/Dems, the numbers would climb much higher and much faster!

Population growth isn't a linear growth equation buddy... Your math doesn't make sense. You are scared of 3 million Muslims (or 12 million?) in a country that has 300 million people. It's like you don't know how large numbers work, or you just don't care so you can irrationally hate on a religion.
edit on 2-2-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Jews give local Muslims keys to their synagogue after town mosque burns down

THIS ^^ is civilized behavior.

This is what solidarity looks like.

While some Texans are going out of their way to target and scare Muslims, there are others who serve as a reminder that, yes, there are people in America who do have a soul.

Over the weekend, the only mosque in Victoria, Texas burned down. The cause of the fire is unknown but until the new place of worship is built, the Muslims of Victoria had no physical home base.

Fortunately the local Jewish community swiftly stepped in and made an incredible gesture: they gave the Muslim leadership keys to the synagogue. Thanks to this offer, their Muslim neighbors will have space nearby to congregate while their mosque is reconstructed.

For the Jewish leadership the decision was a no-brainer.

Apparently it is beyond the capacity of the majority of active posters on ATS to even conceive of such a humane thing. Just like Netanyahu, and Assad, and the Great Tangerine one. Irreconcilable differences. Over a stupid book.

sick. sick sick society.
edit on 2/2/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

agreed.

all people have to do to get along is not be rude, show some common humanity and respect, and overlook all the nonsense that people are prone to say.

LOL, last night we were talking about how my mom can say something intending to express compassion, and instead come across as incredibly rude. Its her special power.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Thank you, man.

The more I watch of this, the more I truly believe that the Abrahamic religions are to blame for a great, vast deal of this never-ending hatred. Holy Hell.....when will the world finally pitch the damn thing?

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thank you, man.

The more I watch of this, the more I truly believe that the Abrahamic religions are to blame for a great, vast deal of this never-ending hatred. Holy Hell.....when will the world finally pitch the damn thing?

Something to consider...
Humanity spent a few thousand years wallowing in the dirt and filth following their respected religion. Took entrepreneurs, scientists, and (trigger warning) capitalists, of every race and creed a few hundred years to help build and foster a culture in the west with the largest distribution of wealth and freedoms this planet has ever seen.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Please disregard this reply. I'm just testing something.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

I have a few questions for you and anyone else reading this that disagrees with the ban.

Question 1.

If yes: Why not take the time to create a really good vetting process in order to save as many American lives as possible?

Question 2.
How does letting in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Question 1: Yes. It already exists and is pretty damn thorough since it takes something like 3 - 6 months to be properly vetted as a refugee.
Question 2: False correlation. You let in refugees because it is the humane and reasonable thing to do, not for some sort of quid pro quo.

"Humane and reasonable thing to do" Really?? This right here is the emotional flaw that a lot of individuals are plagued with.

So how many refugees should we let in till our country is no longer our country anymore? huh? When does it stop? huh?

Open arms forever?

All this anti-wall talk and all this welcoming refugees is defeating the definition of a "country"

How does the influx of refugees cause the country not to be yours anymore? Last I checked Muslims make up something like 1% of the total population in the country. A few extra thousand refugees aren't exactly going to swing things in Muslims' favor that much. That is just a pure numbers game.

The U.S. Muslim population will grow faster than the Hindu population and much faster than the Jewish population in the coming decades. Indeed, even before 2040, Muslims are projected to become the second-largest religious group in the U.S., after Christians.

and.... If it was completely up to the bleeding heart Libs/Dems, the numbers would climb much higher and much faster!

Population growth isn't a linear growth equation buddy... Your math doesn't make sense. You are scared of 3 million Muslims (or 12 million?) in a country that has 300 million people. It's like you don't know how large numbers work, or you just don't care so you can irrationally hate on a religion.

Well.... I have, and will always be against ALL religions.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: yuppa

Where have i said otherwise? Certainly not in my OP or anywhere else in this thread.

What does "its not muslim ban" mean in your country? Do you speak a different language there?

Trying to be cute huh? Anyone can tell your sarcasm Nef. Thats what I was getting at.

posted on Feb, 3 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Question 1.

Question 2.

Open arms forever?

Well.... I have, and will always be against ALL religions.

So that excuses you making up nonsense population growths?

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The only label I need is simple and concise. Unconstitutional.

Nope, it's not. In fact the POTUS has the legal authority to ban any group, nationality, religion, or ideology that he deems to be a threat to the safety of the American public. And he can leave that ban in place as long as he sees fit. Also, it's completely constitutional, does not need the approval of congress or the house, and has been used numerous times by past presidents in times of national danger - like we are living with today.

Oh, and the White House just invoked it. So I expect it to be Game On by Monday.
Don't buy into the MSM nonsense. You are being used.

Next.
edit on 4-2-2017 by jimbo999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Thank you, man.

Something to consider...
Humanity spent a few thousand years wallowing in the dirt and filth following their respected religion. Took entrepreneurs, scientists, and (trigger warning) capitalists, of every race and creed a few hundred years to help build and foster a culture in the west with the largest distribution of wealth and freedoms this planet has ever seen.
Technically, it began with the Ancient Greeks some 5 thousand years ago with their great scientific revolution. 5 thousand years later and the West have created and painstakingly nurtured the most advanced civilization the world has ever seen. Now, for some reason, a ragged band of pimply-faced students and their stone-age friends the muslims, want to destroy it all and usher in some kind of New Dark Ages.

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
SO it's a problem to restrict the flow of people coming from countries like Syria that have a terrorist infestation and/or publicly saber rattle with the US? I find it funny how everyone is jumping through their a^& over this "ban." Even people with US visas should be looked at when returning from these countries! How many times after a attack do we hear how they traveled to say Syria to undergo training? That point seems to be lost on all the people protesting this ban. Even the Boston bombers who came from a country not on that ban list went home and returned radicalized.

It should be clear to anyone who has any common sense that this temporary ban (90 days & 120 days) is only to give US officials more time to vet who is coming in from these seven very dangerous countries (that the Obama Adm. listed).

But we are dealing with Globalist Leftist zombies == they have no common sense or the capacity to think for themselves.

They have been lead to attack EVERYTHING Trump (& his team) does.

Too bad there are so many of them (Globalist shills) here. I hope they're paid at least -- I'm sure some are.

What worries me is the corruption of some of our Federal judges. They have been politicized. The US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit is especially evil. Those judges do NOT defend US sovereignty or the will of US voters.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Its a fear-based pandering to the lowest common denominator of religious stereo-typing born out of massive ignorance with very little substance in terms of actual proof of evident cause and effect piece of political showmanship that has been rushed in to place to cater for Trumps "core" audience

Admittedly, thats not as good a soundbyte, but it captures the essence of it.

And while we're on the subject of things that aren't something - no, its not the same as what Obama did - as you can read here;
foreignpolicy.com...

The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.

Here's a soundbite for you.

Take you message to the families of the children killed or injured last night in Manchester.
I am sure they'd love to hear about fear mongering right about now.

President Trump needs to be given full deference on this according to his constitutional authority, and liberal judges need to stand down.
edit on 23/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join