It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

My "truth" is based on evidence.

You have lost more Americans to toddlers with guns, and to falling out of bed in the past 10 years than you have to immigrants who turned out to be terrorists.

The whole premise of the ban is sound byte politics appealing to fear born out of ignorance.

You're quite welcome to live in fear - which means that the actual terrorists have won - as you are to your opinion.

Trying to come up with a bull# straw man argument about my nationality doesn't change any of that, sorry.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Its a fear-based pandering to the lowest common denominator of religious stereo-typing born out of massive ignorance with very little substance in terms of actual proof of evident cause and effect piece of political showmanship that has been rushed in to place to cater for Trumps "core" audience

Admittedly, thats not as good a soundbyte, but it captures the essence of it.

And while we're on the subject of things that aren't something - no, its not the same as what Obama did - as you can read here;
foreignpolicy.com...

The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.

Look everyone, it is another Lefty.

Getting very tired of you people. It is common sense as other put it. Simple as that. You do not let a bunch of unknowns into a country, plain and simple. What do you think the world should be, everyone walks into everyone elses country and do as they please and you think everything will be ok?

Let's just look at medieval Syria and you would be ok someone with strong values from those places walking in and living in a neighbourhood near you? People like you, are the only kind to realise what your saying until something happens to you or someone you know personally. Then your record would change. Right now, you want your cake and coffee while you rant at he TV.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Yay! I'm a lefty. I'm honoured - Thanks

The IRA tried to kill me twice - and a whole lot of other people in many other places. They also killed people, and took a couple of shots at bringing the government here down. We didn't ban Irish people here.

By the way, your country's traditions are based on people from all over the world walking into it.

There's this statue with a plaque on it that reads...

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

You know the one I mean?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You're quite welcome to live in fear - which means that the actual terrorists have won - as you are to your opinion.

argumentum ad passiones

Apparently, like the actual terrorists, I have "won" this argument because we're now dipping our piggies into the pool of logical fallacies.

As an aside, as long as the terrorists aren't "winning" on US soil, the policies are working and America remains secure.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: neformore

This is what a majority of Americans wanted.

This is what a majority of Americans voted for.

If you don't like it let your vote do your talking in the next election.

less than 12% of americans (the percntage of americans that voted for trump) is indeed not a majority of americans

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Its a fear-based pandering to the lowest common denominator of religious stereo-typing born out of massive ignorance with very little substance in terms of actual proof of evident cause and effect piece of political showmanship that has been rushed in to place to cater for Trumps "core" audience

Admittedly, thats not as good a soundbyte, but it captures the essence of it.

And while we're on the subject of things that aren't something - no, its not the same as what Obama did - as you can read here;
foreignpolicy.com...

The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.

Look everyone, it is another Lefty.

Getting very tired of you people. It is common sense as other put it. Simple as that. You do not let a bunch of unknowns into a country, plain and simple. What do you think the world should be, everyone walks into everyone elses country and do as they please and you think everything will be ok?

Let's just look at medieval Syria and you would be ok someone with strong values from those places walking in and living in a neighbourhood near you? People like you, are the only kind to realise what your saying until something happens to you or someone you know personally. Then your record would change. Right now, you want your cake and coffee while you rant at he TV.

Mmkay, so why no Saudi ban? Care to explain?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: fencesitter85

a reply to: theantediluvian

You are absolutely correct when you say it is a Muslim ban....

....It is also a ban of Christian, Buddhist , Jewish, Chinese, British, African and any other religion or race of people that might be in the country that is on the banned list. Because it's an entire country ban.

Didn't he say Christian families would be considered...?

Quote it and link your source.

Firstly, get some manners - you don't get to demand things of people. And second, you'll just say 'fake news' anyway.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Here is Nigel Farage defending Trumps travel restriction EO in the EU parliament.
He even suggests inviting Trump over to speak in Brussels which doesn't go down well.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

....It is also a ban of Christian, Buddhist , Jewish, Chinese, British, African and any other religion or race of people that might be in the country that is on the banned list. Because it's an entire country ban.

Firstly, get some manners - you don't get to demand things of people. And second, you'll just say 'fake news' anyway.

I can demand anything I want in these forums within the T's&C's .

I'm sorry you get buthurt when someone asks you to provide proof of you claims, it's okay, it's alright, there there now, just run-along back to your little safe space.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Here is Nigel Farage defending Trumps travel restriction EO in the EU parliament.
He even suggests inviting Trump over to speak in Brussels which doesn't go down well.

Isn't he kind of an extremist?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In what ways do you find him to be an extremist?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Maybe if you're comparing him against the liberal establishment.
But it would be extreme in a good way.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I can demand anything I want in these forums within the T's&C's .

I'm sorry you get buthurt when someone asks you to provide proof of you claims, it's okay, it's alright, there there now, just run-along back to your little safe space.

Any other boring over used republican memes you'd like to copy and paste? Snowflake perhaps?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

He's a complete moron and in the UK he's only respected by the ignorant and the xenophobic. Nobody with any self respect listens to a word he says.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

He's a complete moron and in the UK he's only respected by the ignorant and the xenophobic. Nobody with any self respect listens to a word he says.

Any other boring over used right wing memes you'd like to use? Trumptard perhaps?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Any other boring over used right wing memes you'd like to use? Trumptard perhaps?

Sorry, what? I've used actual, normal, descriptive words as opposed to silly made up ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: neformore

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

I have a few questions for you and anyone else reading this that disagrees with the ban.

Question 1.
Should there be a vetting process?

If yes: Why not take the time to create a really good vetting process in order to save as many American lives as possible?

If no : This conversation is terminated.

Question 2.
How does letting in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Question 1: Yes. It already exists and is pretty damn thorough since it takes something like 3 - 6 months to be properly vetted as a refugee.
Question 2: False correlation. You let in refugees because it is the humane and reasonable thing to do, not for some sort of quid pro quo.

"Humane and reasonable thing to do" Really?? This right here is the emotional flaw that a lot of individuals are plagued with.

This emotional knee jerk way of thinking is how people get killed!

So how many refugees should we let in till our country is no longer our country anymore? huh? When does it stop? huh?

Open arms forever?

All this anti-wall talk and all this welcoming refugees is defeating the definition of a "country"

If it was up to people like you, the dilution of America will be here asap!

How does the influx of refugees cause the country not to be yours anymore? Last I checked Muslims make up something like 1% of the total population in the country. A few extra thousand refugees aren't exactly going to swing things in Muslims' favor that much. That is just a pure numbers game.

Correct, 1%, that's about 3.3 million.

The U.S. Muslim population will grow faster than the Hindu population and much faster than the Jewish population in the coming decades. Indeed, even before 2040, Muslims are projected to become the second-largest religious group in the U.S., after Christians.

3 million goes to 6, then to 12 and... get it?

and.... If it was completely up to the bleeding heart Libs/Dems, the numbers would climb much higher and much faster!

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Sorry, what? I've used actual, normal, descriptive words as opposed to silly made up ones.

This conversation is terminated.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Mic Drop.

posted on Feb, 2 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

Don't let people come in without more extreme vetting, period.

We are already doing that. So what exactly did Trump do that is any different?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join