It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" conflating a few anecdotes "

So , I guess you will just Downplay the Deaths of Innocent People who were Killed in Terror Attacks , and just Consider the Loss of their Lives to be Nothing more than " a few anecdotes " I mentioned in making a Point as to the Need of President Trump's Travel Ban from Certain Countries that Harbor such Dispicable People ? I see .........

I will if those events are going to be used to promote horrors like THIS ban.

Oh no! People might have to wait for three months.

Three months in a destabilized country isn't exactly like spending three months at the downtown Marriott you know?

Oh that makes it ok then , NOT. What happened to you bro? You have turned a cold heart. God be with you as that attitude has some very bad karma.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: neo96

And?

Am I arguing with that?

I don't think you are but NEO is right a lot IMHO. This line of thinking has become tangential to the OP you started.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: neformore

This is what a majority of Americans wanted.

This is what a majority of Americans voted for.

If you don't like it let your vote do your talking in the next election.

Really is that so?? And on what planet do you live on? Or do you live in some kind of other dimension with a different reality?
Actually I think I have figured it out!
You are simply stating the "Alternative Facts"!
That has to be it. Am I right?
Because the last time I checked Trump lost the popular vote by 2.9 MILLION votes.
Which is more people than the entire population of roughly 21 states. And please spare me with "If you took away all the voter fraud" nonsense which carries no merit or even has a shred of evidence to help support the claim.
So to put it blunt "Doctor"
YOU ARE WRONG!
And this is not what the Majority of Americans want, nor is it what the majority of Americans voted for.
edit on 31-1-2017 by SaucySosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Miracula2

Truth will not be tolerated here. Mods?

I take it you are referring to the falsity of ketsuko's statement?

Please elaborate, I would love to see what you think he specifically was wrong on.

Then lets go talk on a thread about the recent photos up close of Saturn's rings. That is one cool planet,,, sorry off topic.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaucySosa
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

This is what a majority of Americans wanted.

This is what a majority of Americans voted for.

If you don't like it let your vote do your talking in the next election.

Really is that so?? And on what planet do you live on? Or do you live in some kind of other dimension with a different reality?
Actually I think I have figured it out!
You are simply stating the "Alternative Facts"!
That has to be it. Am I right?
Because the last time I checked Trump lost the popular vote by 2.9 MILLION votes.
Which is more people than the entire population of roughly 21 states. And please spare me with "If you took away all the voter fraud" nonsense which carries no merit or even has a shred of evidence to help support the claim.
So to put it blunt "Doctor"
YOU ARE WRONG!
And this is not what the Majority of Americans want, nor is it what the majority of Americans voted for.

The left will never come back if they keep refusing to understand the rules of the election process. Keep going we love you for it, really. It keeps the narrative on the table that the left is ignorant of REALITY.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I would love to see what you think he specifically was wrong on

This:

Obama banned all refugees from Iraq for about 6 months.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Ok go to Dearborn Michigan stay there for a week !

you may Change your mind ....

They cant be Trusted ... Muslim Refuges has a Rap now of Rape ,
Bombing Shooting around the World

the cant Adapt to Western Society and Culture ..

Period .... So why have them here ....

Especially when they Try to Enforce Sharia law!!

Here in the United States ....

Here Watch this!!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago130 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

We're supposed to let them come here and them bow our necks to their knives. You know ... to show them we don't hate them.

Agreed! People need to understand that their view of the world is wrong. The world is too big for most people to understand. So what you do is compress the problem to the size of your home.

There are people on the street and it's going to be cold tonight. You have yourself, your wife and two daughters. How many of these homeless do you allow into your home for the night? Do you ask them for ID or have them checked by police? And if you do...and the police know nothing about them...do you still let them in?

If you still decide to let these homeless people into your home...then you deserve what you get and YOU are responsible for what happens. If they hurt or kill your daughters...IT IS YOUR FAULT.

That is where we are! That is the problem! So...what would YOU do?

And if you can't or won't answer this...you have no business commenting on the American problem because they will end up in or very near someone's home.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

You know, I am actually really glad that you brought this up. So why don't we think about ALL of the Terrorist Attacks in the United States in the last 2 years. Actually, better yet, let's take it as far back as 9/11 and I will even bring up some points about that horrible day that I feel should be addressed.

So this means we are looking at all of the Terrorist Attacks that have happened in the last 16 years. We will not be looking at any global events but only the ones that have happened here at home on U.S soil. Fair?

Before we begin, we should make sure that we are on the same page. We are going to be looking at these attacks and how they relate to Trumps EO and travel ban. Since that is the topic of discussion. And how, if at all, this ban could have prevented these atrocities from happening, or at the very least, how those events help justify President Trump's EO.

Let's first start by listing the 7 Countries that are banned as per the EO.
Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen, and Somalia.

Now it's time to look at the numbers / data.
Since 9/11 there has been exactly 12 terrorists that have committed deadly attacks on U.S soil resulting in the deaths of 94 innocent people.

Now tell me how many of these terrorists emigrated, or came from a family that emigrated, from one of the countries targeted by Trumps EO?
I'll fill you in on a secret!
Zero, Zip, Nil, Zilch, Nada!!!

So I beg of you, and to anybody else who thinks they have the answer and supports Donald Trump's EO, tell me how this "Ban" is justifiable or effective? Because when you are not blinded by fear and Islamophobia, and you really take a look at the EO to ban travelers from these countries. It makes little to no sense. And instead of making us, as American citizens, "Safer". It is actually in reality, damaging our foreign relations and putting us all in greater risk!

How is that you might ask?
Because it is going to be used as a recruiting tool by ISIS, further pushing the narrative that the West is waging war on Islam. Intentionally or unintentionally that is how it can, and will, be perceived.

And although there are some that would not disagree with thinking that Islam is the problem. (I am referring to your looks like a duck, quacks like a duck comment) that is simply not the case and is a dangerous mentality that we must avoid at all costs. Because as the second largest religion in the world with 1.6 billion followers of the Islamic faith. We would know if it was the problem, and we would have seen "A LOT" more than just 12 deadly terrorists in the last 16 years.

This is why we have people protesting and standing up against the bigotry and fear mongering brought on by this Administration. Because anybody who has any real knowledge and even a marginal global awareness is not falling for all of the BS coming from the current POTUS. And if you really understood what Makes America Great you would not deny people from entering our country because of their culture, heritage, or religion. But would instead embrace and welcome the diversity and offer any immigrant who has gone through the necessary steps to enter this country legally the right to enjoy the religious and ideological freedoms that we as Americans get to enjoy everyday!

My Source for the Data referenced in this post.
www.newamerica.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
2. How do you identify a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Well...we know that they are Muslim, usually male, usually young (under 30) and that is about it. Oh yeah...and that they often come from a Muslim country that has a high percentage of radicalized Muslims.

Boston Marathon Bombing:
Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
October 21, 1986[1]
Elista, Kalmyk ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union[2][not in citation given][3]
en.wikipedia.org...

Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
July 22, 1993 (age 23)
Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan[1]
en.wikipedia.org...
Of note: the Father was forcibly moved from Chechnya and their Mother was Avar

9/11 hijackers
15 Saudi
2 UAE
1 Egyptian
1 Lebanese

Someone posted an article the other day that cited Refugees that made it through screening that later went on to become radicalized anyway - origin points cited included Kenya and Bosnia.

So what can we take away from all this dirty, liberal, fact-checking?
If this same ban were in place 10, 15, 20, or even 50 years ago... it wouldn't have prevented anything.

WOW! You've got a great point there!!! I guess we should just ban ALL MUSLIMS and throw out anyone who is Muslim. Does that work for you?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

I'm sorry, what has that got to do with my OP?

Please explain.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

ISIS would claim an eggy fart in a lift if it thought it would further their cause.

Did you ever stop and think that terrorists can be recruited from anywhere?

That's an aside though.

This thread is about this not being a muslim ban. Re-read my OP

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
extreme vetting of all immigrants should be done, it should also be done for anyone trying to purchase a gun. what should not be done is not allowing people who are legally allowed to come and go from entering our country.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
How dare you liberals MOCK Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer?

edit on 31-1-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Very nice summary! You've nailed it perfectly...but some still won't agree with you. Either because they have some false Utopian belief that all people are good, or simply because they don't want to even partially agree with Trump. On the gun topic...I'm not so sure about that.

I worked in security at one point for a gated community and the rule was simple. No one is permitted entry until they PROVE they belong there, or have permission from the owner to enter.

The USA should adopt the same rule. Go away...unless you can prove you are allowed and not a danger. If you can't...go away.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: uncommitted

Hi, yes he did say that, but as I've said in my OP, this is not a muslim ban. Think about it.

It doesn't take much thinking does it? Cartman said he would ban Muslims from entering the US for a temporary period, he's put (or trying to put) bans in place from countries with a majority Muslim population. Stop trying to defend Cartman in this by twisting things as much as you can.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
It’s not a muslim ban, its a 90 day travel hold on anyone coming from specific terror sponsoring countries and any media outlet who continues to call it such is adding to the problem by spreading false news.

The order states:

“I hereby proclaim that the immigrant and nonimmigrant entry into the United States of aliens from countries referred to in section 217(a)(12) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1187(a)(12), would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, and I hereby suspend entry into the United States, as immigrants and nonimmigrants, of such persons for 90 days from the date of this order.”

Notice the actual executive order doesn’t list any nations at all. It only list a code section. Now, that section of code was updated on December 18, 2015, as part of the Omnibus Appropriations Act of FY2016. That is where the list of seven countries, Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen, comes from.

So who prepared this list?

Who was President on December 18th, 2015 when the list was created?

Now the left is calling it a Muslim Ban there is a problem with that. The 7 countries on the list prepared during the Obama administration are not the only Muslim nations in the world. They are not even the largest Muslim nations in the world by a long shot.

Here are the top Muslim Nations in the world by population, and none are on the list.

1) Indonesia 228,582,000
2) Pakistan 172,800,000
3) Bangladesh 162,221,000
4) Nigeria 154,279,000
5) Egypt 77,100,000

The largest country on the list is #7 Iran 70,495,782

Now if this was truly a Muslim ban, then wouldn’t the largest Muslim Countries be on the list?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I just want to start by saying that you are definitely part of the problem and that you should look in the mirror and do some self assessing.

People need to understand that their view of the world is wrong.

So are you not a person? And would you not fall under the word "people"? Therefore using your logic your view of the world is wrong, so that basically disqualifies the rest of your post. But I will go ahead and entertain it none the less.

The world is too big for most people to understand.

No I think that the world is only too big for you to understand. Or am I to take it that you have done a lot of traveling in your life and are very familiar with other cultures? You must have a very diverse group of friends?
Yeah, I am willing to bet that's not the case!

So what you do is compress the problem to the size of your home.

The first thing that I want to do is point out your choice of words here. You start off by saying "So what you want to do here.." like this how its done and you have got it all figured out. This must be what all world leaders and players in the global market do. lol. Secondly you are seriously trying to compare the world, or at least the interactions and movement of people between nations to that of a home!?!? That is where you lost me and it is so ridiculous that I don't even know where to begin. Honestly, you couldn't work with States or Cities. For crying out loud Communities would have been a better comparison then 1 home.

The big problem here is that the world is a diverse place and unlike your home, we share this planet with all of man kind. Secondly comparing people that are traveling between countries to that of homeless strangers that you are trying to determine if you should let sleep in your house with no knowledge as to who they are or what they have done is absolutely ludicrous and goes to show your overall lack of understanding of how the world works. And to use a quote from your last sentence "You have no business commenting on the American Problem"

Allow me to give you a more accurate analogy.
First you have to clarify what exactly you are tying to simplify by making an analogical comparison. There is the indefinite suspension of Syrian refugees into the U.S, which is what I think you were going for in your post. Then there is the suspension of "Legal" Foreign travelers from the 7 countries listed in Trumps EO due to potential terrorist risks.
So I will be making the refugees comparison since it is the more permanent one and in both the EO and the length of stay.

So what you want to do is think of it as Giant apartment complex that you own, operate, and even Occupy the penthouse suite on the top floor. You have owned and operated this apartment for 200 years and you have never had a problem with any of your tenants in your entire time there. Among the normal tenants that you have you are also involved in a program that offers to house people who come from a troubled home. Maybe they are in and out of foster care, or maybe they had been taken away from their home by social workers due to a violent household where they were exposed to domestic violence and were often times abused themselves. The people in this program are all victims and would not be in the program if they had ever been the offender or been convicted of any crimes.

Now normal tenants before they are accepted to move in they have to pass a background check, credit check, and all face to face interactions have to go all around smooth.

Now people who want to move into your apartment complex through the program (Syrian Refugees) they have to go through a separate processes from that of a regular tenant in order to get accepted.

They have to go through Multiple extremely detailed interviews about who they are, where they come from, and who they know. They are given a DNA test and an iris scan in order to establish identity. If they pass this they move on to the next step. Of all of the people who apply for this program only 1% of the people who apply make it to phase two.

In phase two they go through a very special background check. One that shows everything they have ever done in their pas. Everything from when they where a minor to cases that have been sealed or expunged.

Not only are they interviewed but their whole entire family is interviewed. And not just once, but at least 3 times all well interviewers are looking for gaps and inconsistencies in their stories.

A regular tenant from the moment they fill out an application they can move in within weeks. But to go through this program (Refugees) the process will take months. So as you can see by they time they do move into your apartment they are far from homeless strangers you know nothing about. You know everything about them and should feel comfortable living amongst and sharing the building with the people who were accepted into your program. Of course with just like anybody you share a building with you run some risk, but at this point the risk is very minimal.

Now what Trump is doing is like him reading the paper one day about a similar program where one a person ended up doing some bad things and because of that, and although in his 200 years he never had a problem he decides to shut down the program and every person who could have greatly benefited from such a program are SOL.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

2. How do you identify a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Well...we know that they are Muslim, usually male, usually young (under 30) and that is about it. Oh yeah...and that they often come from a Muslim country that has a high percentage of radicalized Muslims.

Boston Marathon Bombing:
Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
October 21, 1986[1]
Elista, Kalmyk ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union[2][not in citation given][3]
en.wikipedia.org...

Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
July 22, 1993 (age 23)
Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan[1]
en.wikipedia.org...
Of note: the Father was forcibly moved from Chechnya and their Mother was Avar

9/11 hijackers
15 Saudi
2 UAE
1 Egyptian
1 Lebanese

Someone posted an article the other day that cited Refugees that made it through screening that later went on to become radicalized anyway - origin points cited included Kenya and Bosnia.

So what can we take away from all this dirty, liberal, fact-checking?
If this same ban were in place 10, 15, 20, or even 50 years ago... it wouldn't have prevented anything.

WOW! You've got a great point there!!! I guess we should just ban ALL MUSLIMS and throw out anyone who is Muslim. Does that work for you?

I want Trump, you, and other Trump supporters to admit that this ban is stupid, useless, and little if nothing more than pandering to ignorance.

I want Trump, you, and other Trump supporters to exercise the tiniest bit of historical perspective when you decide to start implementing travel bans, regardless of what I or anyone else personally thinks of them.

And I want Trump, you, and other Trump supporters to have the introspective ability to see how absurd you sound when you look at the facts surrounding the most devastating terror attacks on American soil and say things like "this will keep Americans safe".
edit on 1/31/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Obama banned all refugees from Iraq for about 6 months. What did you think of that?

Interestingly enough, it appears as if he leaned towards banning mostly Christians - at least from Syria - IF the sources are to believed.

There is really no inbetween with muslims, is there? Either doe-eyed single moms carrying cats, or rabid extremists. At least that's how it's presented. For: "They are all single moms". Against: "They are all rapists". The truth is probably somewhere inbetween.

At the end of the day, birds of a feather flock together - The very notion that you can willy-nilly mix and match cultures and nationalities without any sort of friction, is optimistic at best.

At least in Europe, you end up with ghettos. The "natives" don't want anything to do with the foreigners, but the foreigners want even less to do with the natives.

When in Rome, do like the Romans, right? I'm highly sceptical of an attitude where you demand all sorts of handouts, and that everyone should bend over backwards for you.

THAT shows a disrespect that may or may not be interpreted as "you are all worthless dogs".

Just saying.
edit on 31-1-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Typo.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join