It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" conflating a few anecdotes "

So , I guess you will just Downplay the Deaths of Innocent People who were Killed in Terror Attacks , and just Consider the Loss of their Lives to be Nothing more than " a few anecdotes " I mentioned in making a Point as to the Need of President Trump's Travel Ban from Certain Countries that Harbor such Dispicable People ? I see .........

I will if those events are going to be used to promote horrors like THIS ban.

Oh no! People might have to wait for three months.

Three months in a destabilized country isn't exactly like spending three months at the downtown Marriott you know?

You truly have a flare for exaggerated drama i can tell you that. I also enjoyed your "The horror of this ban" comment, thanks i truly had a good laugh about it

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: neformore

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

I have a few questions for you and anyone else reading this that disagrees with the ban.

Question 1.
Should there be a vetting process?

If yes: Why not take the time to create a really good vetting process in order to save as many American lives as possible?

If no : This conversation is terminated.

Question 2.
How does letting in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Question 1: Yes. It already exists and is pretty damn thorough since it takes something like 3 - 6 months to be properly vetted as a refugee.
Question 2: False correlation. You let in refugees because it is the humane and reasonable thing to do, not for some sort of quid pro quo.

"Humane and reasonable thing to do" Really?? This right here is the emotional flaw that a lot of individuals are plagued with.

This emotional knee jerk way of thinking is how people get killed!

So how many refugees should we let in till our country is no longer our country anymore? huh? When does it stop? huh?

Open arms forever?

All this anti-wall talk and all this welcoming refugees is defeating the definition of a "country"

If it was up to people like you, the dilution of America will be here asap!

edit on 30-1-2017 by kyleplatinum because: format

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Holywood has already told you how this is going to end .

Yankee , wake up !!!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: heyguysimashill
a reply to: xstealth

originally posted by: xstealth
If you want to call it as it is, it's a common sense plan.

Don't let people come in without more extreme vetting, period.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I think what you're pushing is complete ignorant propaganda that a middle schooler can debunk.

If you want to call it as it is, it's a common sense plan.

Don't let people buy guns without more extreme vetting, period.

What is so hard to understand about that?

Leave guns out of this. It was number two on the list for a reason, showing it's importance.

The only reason you are alive is because of guns, period.

Any firearm restriction, ban or vet before purchase is unconstitutional period.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Did Chucky cry himself to sleep when it was his own idea?

What a embarrassment.

I did have to laugh throughout his cry baby session though. That was just hilarious.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artorias

originally posted by: Mandroid7

The only label I need is simple and concise. Unconstitutional.

I didn't see any rights granted "middle eastern terrorists" in the constitution, can you post a link?

Because every middle eastern is a terrorist, right? Hmmm come to think of it, Jesus was middle eastern too, he was also seeking refugee. I wonder how he thinks about your primitive level of thinking..

Jesus would understand and forgive and turn the other cheek.

/Thread

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

It's completely constitutional, it's within the power of the executive branch to stop immigration from certain regions.

Every president of our life has done it.

So that's why 4 federal courts have already overturned parts of it and there are legal battles across the country trying to get it overturned as unconstitutional huh? You DO know that Trump doesn't determine constitutionality right? That isn't his branch of the government.

This is just the courts trying to enforce certain policy without any constitutional standing to do so. You DO know that that there are procedures for changing the constitution and doing so by the courts isnt really one of them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: swedy13
It's a Muslim ban. It's just being implemented in a legal way, so not a Muslim ban (wink wink).

Of course it's a Muslim ban.

No matter how they try to twist it.

Yeah it actually is. It is also a Christian, Buddhist , Jewish, Chinese, British, African and any other religion or race of people that might be in the country that is on the banned list. Because it's an entire country ban.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm not going to answer your false correlation.

How is it a false correlation? Does the country of the United States of America not belong to the citizens of the United States of America? Yes or no?

So how would moving in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Looks like Krazysh0t got shot down.

/thread
edit on 1/30/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
[Well...that was easy. So Trump did something to protect Americans from terrorists not already in our country by targeting people from Muslim countries with high percentages of radicalized Muslims. He didn't specify males...he didn't specify age and he didn't specify Muslims.
If you can do better...I'd love to hear it.

So does that mean the Saudis are untouchables then? or is it not as simple as that, or does it mean, it is not as simple as that because the Saudis have their own problems with home grown terrorists, or does it mean that it is not as simple as that because the Saudis have their own problems with terrorism that is home funded...or what? it's all debatable, however,(if you go with the spiel) there's not much doubt that it was Saudis in the main responsible for 9/11, and as cited in the EO. Yet they are not on the list. Why not then? How many Saudi refugees are there in the US, or anywhere else for that matter, none? there are plenty living in the US though, as is elsewhere. So, why did Donald, and all the rest, give them deference above all the rest, they'll be travelling like the rest of us. It doesn't add up does it. The Saudis are not even good at doing their own bit for refugees at home. Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It's not a muslim ban, it's a form of economic sanction. Look at the countries it applies to.

I had some hope for Trump but ALL of those hopes are now down the toilet. He is just another puppet. He is the elite's way of saying to us "You have lost, we can install the dumbest, most ignorant, most superficial person as leader of your country and not only will you not be able to stop us.....some of you dumbasses will even embrace it"

I'm actually done fighting these battles.....I have no more energy left to try and articulate awareness to issues surrounding the current President of US as well as trying to combat my own destructive leader, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.

So i guess it has nothing to do with the fact that ISIS has taken control of areas included in the ban, and ISIS have admitted to be using, and want to use Muslim immigration to send Muslim radicals to Europe and the U.S.?... I guess it has nothing to do with that?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
[Well...that was easy. So Trump did something to protect Americans from terrorists not already in our country by targeting people from Muslim countries with high percentages of radicalized Muslims. He didn't specify males...he didn't specify age and he didn't specify Muslims.
If you can do better...I'd love to hear it.

So does that mean the Saudis are untouchables then? or is it not as simple as that, or does it mean, it is not as simple as that because the Saudis have their own problems with home grown terrorists, or does it mean that it is not as simple as that because the Saudis have their own problems with terrorism that is home funded...or what? it's all debatable, however,(if you go with the spiel) there's not much doubt that it was Saudis in the main responsible for 9/11, and as cited in the EO. Yet they are not on the list. Why not then? How many Saudi refugees are there in the US, or anywhere else for that matter, none? there are plenty living in the US though, as is elsewhere. So, why did Donald, and all the rest, give them deference above all the rest, they'll be travelling like the rest of us. It doesn't add up does it. The Saudis are not even good at doing their own bit for refugees at home. Something to think about.

I totally agree with you here. This could be a show of how the Saudis have an influence over the U.S. government. Or maybe the Trump administration still has the banning of other countries in the works. They may have took a quick path to get the ball rolling by using some things the previous administration had already gotten some foot work done on.

Or they might be playing favoritism with one of our worst enemies because of oil ties. If anyone believes those other countries should be on the ban list to prevent terrorism then SURELY Saudi Arabia should be NUMBER ONE on that list!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

You're foolish. Obama signed off on the same thing last year and the year before.

United States Begins Implementation of Changes to the Visa Waiver Program
January 2016

WASHINGTON—The United States today began implementing changes under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 (the Act). U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) welcomes more than a million passengers arriving to the United States every day and is committed to facilitating legitimate travel while maintaining the highest standards of security and border protection. Under the Act, travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):

Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.

DHS Announces Further Travel Restrictions for the Visa Waiver Program
February, 2016

WASHINGTON—The Department of Homeland Security today announced that it is continuing its implementation of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015 with the addition of Libya, Somalia, and Yemen as three countries of concern, limiting Visa Waiver Program travel for certain individuals who have traveled to these countries.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Obama banned all refugees from Iraq for about 6 months. What did you think of that?

Truth will not be tolerated here. Mods?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hate to break the news to you people arguing over illegal immigrants being properly vetted has been going on all the time in the U.S.You only know about it because the the new way social media and politics is debated.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Ok, go ahead and prove it please. Any amendment will do if the line has been crossed , then we can all agree together. Otherwise your opinion is spot OFF.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yes , and while we are on the Subject , let Us think back to All the Terrorist Attacks , and the Innocent People Slaughtered that have Happened in the United States and Around the World in the Last 2 Years , along with the Identities of the Perpatrators of those Acts . Confirmed Radical Islamic Terrorists who some have Claimed Publicaly to be Responsable for those Deadly Attacks . If it Quacks Like a Duck , and Looks Like a Duck , It's Definately a Duck .

Let's talk about heart disease instead? It's the number 1 killer in the US and if you were REALLY serious about Americans being killed you'd put your money where your mouth is instead of conflating a few anecdotes as indicative of a larger trend that doesn't exist.

Your cred is zero with most of us now bro, and all do to your constant lack of understanding the reality that is this world we live in with people like you being either, stupid, ignorant or wanting evil to perpetrated on others. Which of those do you claim? I am going to have to walk back what I said about you a couple of years back when I told you i thought your were trying to be thoughtful.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Truth will not be tolerated here. Mods?

I take it you are referring to the falsity of ketsuko's statement?

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

" conflating a few anecdotes "

So , I guess you will just Downplay the Deaths of Innocent People who were Killed in Terror Attacks , and just Consider the Loss of their Lives to be Nothing more than " a few anecdotes " I mentioned in making a Point as to the Need of President Trump's Travel Ban from Certain Countries that Harbor such Dispicable People ? I see .........

I will if those events are going to be used to promote horrors like THIS ban.

NO you didn't just go all in on let em die did you?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join