It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK. Its not a muslim ban

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
I get it - its not a muslim ban.

So lets call it what it is.

Its a fear-based pandering to the lowest common denominator of religious stereo-typing born out of massive ignorance with very little substance in terms of actual proof of evident cause and effect piece of political showmanship that has been rushed in to place to cater for Trumps "core" audience

Admittedly, thats not as good a soundbyte, but it captures the essence of it.

And while we're on the subject of things that aren't something - no, its not the same as what Obama did - as you can read here;
foreignpolicy.com...

The problem with politics right now is that it needs some straighter talking and less soundbytes.

So lets do less soundbytes.

Obviously you don't like it...and that along with your likely hate for Trump lead to your OP. But for the rest of us...lets think for a moment.

1. The best way to keep a terrorist from killing people in America is to keep them out of America or get them out of America.

2. How do you identify a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Well...we know that they are Muslim, usually male, usually young (under 30) and that is about it. Oh yeah...and that they often come from a Muslim country that has a high percentage of radicalized Muslims.

Well...that was easy. So Trump did something to protect Americans from terrorists not already in our country by targeting people from Muslim countries with high percentages of radicalized Muslims. He didn't specify males...he didn't specify age and he didn't specify Muslims.

If you can do better...I'd love to hear it.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Where in the the Constitution does it give anyone the right to come into America that isn't a citizen?

Even greencards and visas dont have that inalienable right.

Whats the big deal?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: neformore

The only label I need is simple and concise. Unconstitutional.

Love to see someone open a thread and demonstrate how this is unconstitutional?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

We're supposed to let them come here and them bow our necks to their knives. You know ... to show them we don't hate them.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Where in the the Constitution does it give anyone the right to come into America that isn't a citizen?

Whats the big deal?

They drank the cool aid, thats the big deal. They are seeing things and hearing things. Even after ISIS itself said they were going to infiltrate the US and do some missions.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: KEACHI
a reply to: swedy13

Actually it could be a complete ban on Muslims and be legal.

That would be the end of USA as we know it .

Are sure that you are on the " Right Side " ?

Ok I will bite....just how do you figure it would be the end of the USA as we know it?

www.investors.com...

Trump has been talking about banning entry from certain countries for 18 months, why are you Leftists surprised?
You figured it would be just another lie told by a politician to get elected I guess eh?
Trump's words resonated with the people that voted for him, people that were tired of seeing this country go down the toilet.
Now that he has done this, among the other things he said he would do, it's more hysterics from you guys, on top of all the hysterics since he has won. What the hell do you Leftists care that he is banning immigration temporarily from a few countries that could be considered dangerous?
You guys claim to be the more tolerant side but yet you guys are always attacking everybody that has a different opinion.

How Do I figure ?

Secession talk is round the corner as the gap between two parties is immense to say at least.

This Executive Order is nothing other than a full frontal attack on Your liberties,freedoms and priviledges.

What happens when other Countries use similar Orders to ban the Yankee from ever setting foot on several Continents ?

Rest assured the collective dislike of Americanism is on the rise all over the World.

I am neither Left nor Right ; perhaps just above .

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Did Chucky cry himself to sleep when it was his own idea?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Apparently there is no bigger issue then the temporary stopping of immigration from 7 countries ,while we figure this sh1t out.

i dont listen much to the msm news, but today in the car i was listening to npr and what hypocritical biased self righteous aholes.

All day about this ban and how horrible everything trump is doing. All the while same time last election they could only kiss obama arse and how deserving he was of his nobel peace award

Also interestimg how they could never find nothing negative with hillary, yet this temporary ban in place to figuire sh1t out is the worst thing since slice bread.

I didnt vote for trump nor do i trust him but the left and its msm news only make me want to chear for trump cause of their blantant whining ,hypocrisy, and biased reporting.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I didn't see any rights granted "middle eastern terrorists" in the constitution, can you post a link?

Because every middle eastern is a terrorist, right? Hmmm come to think of it, Jesus was middle eastern too, he was also seeking refugee. I wonder how he thinks about your primitive level of thinking..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Whats the big deal?

All that has been discussed.

And answered by those more knowledgeable then me.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Rest assured the collective dislike of Americanism is on the rise all over the World.

Even in America.

A "quick on the trigger" President of America - - - isn't really making points in America either.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
2. How do you identify a Radical Muslim Terrorist? Well...we know that they are Muslim, usually male, usually young (under 30) and that is about it. Oh yeah...and that they often come from a Muslim country that has a high percentage of radicalized Muslims.

Boston Marathon Bombing:
Tamerlan Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
October 21, 1986[1]
Elista, Kalmyk ASSR, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union[2][not in citation given][3]
en.wikipedia.org...

Dzhokhar Anzorovich Tsarnaev[note 1]
July 22, 1993 (age 23)
Tokmok, Kyrgyzstan[1]
en.wikipedia.org...
Of note: the Father was forcibly moved from Chechnya and their Mother was Avar

9/11 hijackers
15 Saudi
2 UAE
1 Egyptian
1 Lebanese

Someone posted an article the other day that cited Refugees that made it through screening that later went on to become radicalized anyway - origin points cited included Kenya and Bosnia.

So what can we take away from all this dirty, liberal, fact-checking?
If this same ban were in place 10, 15, 20, or even 50 years ago... it wouldn't have prevented anything.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

originally posted by: xstealth
If you want to call it as it is, it's a common sense plan.

Don't let people come in without more extreme vetting, period.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I think what you're pushing is complete ignorant propaganda that a middle schooler can debunk.

If you want to call it as it is, it's a common sense plan.

Don't let people buy guns without more extreme vetting, period.

What is so hard to understand about that?
edit on 30-1-2017 by heyguysimashill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Artorias

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I didn't see any rights granted "middle eastern terrorists" in the constitution, can you post a link?

Because every middle eastern is a terrorist, right? Hmmm come to think of it, Jesus was middle eastern too, he was also seeking refugee. I wonder how he thinks about your primitive level of thinking..

This is funniest post on this thread. Jesus didn't exist, to believe otherwise is modern definitive primitive thought. Nobody is claiming all middle easterners are terrorists, but evidence proves muslims are significantly more likely to commit terrorist acts than any other group. It's our country and we reserve the right to deny anyone we wish entry.
edit on 30-1-2017 by HVTONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Hypocrisy and ignorance are impossibly inseparable.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: swedy13
It's a Muslim ban. It's just being implemented in a legal way, so not a Muslim ban (wink wink).

Of course it's a Muslim ban.

No matter how they try to twist it.

No other religions live in them 7 countries?

That don't seem fair, does it?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good thing the courts still exist to settle these disputes, no? If this ends up ruled unconstitutional will you come back and tell me you were mistaken? Or will you still be telling me that liberals are crying wolf?

No I won't because I believe that the courts are turning into reality tv wannabe's. So if the criteria is just that a population segment doesn't approve of the actions and the judges decide based on the people's opinions and not what the laws actually say, we got a problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Good thing the courts still exist to settle these disputes, no? If this ends up ruled unconstitutional will you come back and tell me you were mistaken? Or will you still be telling me that liberals are crying wolf?

No I won't because I believe that the courts are turning into reality tv wannabe's. So if the criteria is just that a population segment doesn't approve of the actions and the judges decide based on the people's opinions and not what the laws actually say, we got a problem.

Will be interesting to see if the Republican dominant Congress caters to Trump or actually stands strong with the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Alien Abduct

I'm not going to answer your false correlation.

How is it a false correlation? Does the country of the United States of America not belong to the citizens of the United States of America? Yes or no?

So how would moving in refugees benefit average Joe that got laid off at the factory?

Well, it will drive down property values.

Making housing more affordable. See?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: sputniksteve

I explained more here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know, I read the entire thread before I commented so I had already read that. I was taking that "innocent ol me making a statement" post into consideration when I made my reply. I kind of felt it was back peddaling a bit from what your intentions were for the thread.

Not that my simple post makes any difference, but I was speaking in reference to all that you had said in the thread up till that point as opposed to just reading the first page and commenting. I am not trying to argue anything, I just disagree with your position.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join