It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US travel ban: Diplomats 'preparing dissent memo'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
Well, it could or could not be linked to Obama appointees, let's wait and see the names...

That being said, what's going to give if the appointees were left in place (by Obama) after the GWB admin, because they were effective/loyal to the US stategic plan for the country to which they are detatched ?

Almost 20yrs of building contacts ... your point men are not happy

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hunch confirmed ( buy in or bail out from 'our dictats')
www.abovetopsecret.com...]www.abovetopsecret.com...[/url ]

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Don't you love when foreigners guess in the US think that they have more voice on Americas issue than the American born citizens and voters.

I picked up the impression that this was expressing the views of American diplomats.
As I said in another thread, it is reasonable that they should tell their department their views on a foreign policy issue.
What is not reasonable is that they should be making their dissent public.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

No, it's completely the opposite : diplomats in a given country give feedback .. to state/foreign office about the effects of foreign policy and the overalall 'groundswell of sentiment' at ground level

We're taliking about diplomats not in america
They're your representatives abroad
named as a safe pair hands to convey US policy

Your (US) 'ambassadors' are clearly not on board with the Trump immigration message

What's Trump to do ?

Like i said earlier, you're in or you'e out..
edit on 30/1/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
No, it's completely the opposite : diplomats in a given country give feedback .. to state/foreign office about the effects of foreign policy and the overalall 'groundswell of sentiment' at ground level

I think that's what these diplomats are doing- "giving feedback" on the issue in question. As a private communication, nothing wrong with it. It's the going public that makes them disloyal.

edit on 30-1-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Yeah, it's not not so much as going public (which is highly unusual) more so that the 'conduit' has always existed, and has now been revealed ..

Hundreds of US diplomats around the world are set to formally criticise President Donald Trump's immigration restrictions, officials tell the BBC. A "dissent cable" has been drafted for senior state department officials. The White House said those complaining should "get with the programme". In the wake of Mr Trump's ban on nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries, ex-President Barack Obama has spoken out against discrimination "based on faith or religion". In a statement his spokesman, Kevin Lewis, said Mr Obama was also "heartened" by the level of engagement taking place across the country. 'Get with it or go' The draft text of the dissent cable seen by the BBC says that the immigration restrictions will not make the US safer, are un-American and will send the wrong message to the Muslim world. Such cables are not that unusual but a State Department official said that the document had been signed by "hundreds" of people, which was described as "unprecedented".

Original posting :US diplomats ... open letter thing
Aunti beeb saye ...

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hznnzz zznnzz
edit on 1/2/17 by Damiel because: I caufgt a dose of 'fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice shame on .. you, me, him ..there

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join