It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RF, up/down line detectors? (debuggers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm considering purchasing a RF detector and a line analyzer, for my own privacy but mostly because I know so many people who'd pay anything to have their home/car/phone checked for bugs. I've looked around online and these products sound great, just wondering in anyone here's had experience using debuggers. Especially downline analyzers which detects remote extension drawn loops; because seriously, most of us need to know if our phone lines are being tapped legally.

Any suggestions would help really, as I've never even seen such devices aside from pictures online.

XL5

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I sort of doubt that bug detectors that you can buy online or at a store would work if your lines were being tapped by any form of the govt./mill. .

I'd look in millitary surplus shops and find current bug detectors or even current line bugs, just to test it!
The people who sell these to the general public gain from your paranoia and may hype it. If you have to get one from a public store/site, make sure they sell other types of normal gadgets too and not just security stuff.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Modern telephone exchanges are digital, if the govt bugs your line they woudn't do it the old fasioned way and I see know way of detecting your line is bugged unless you had access to the phone companies switches.

join