It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revival Beckons for Sudan as U.S. Lifts Economic Sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In his last days in office, former President Obama lifted some sanctions against Sudan.

Possible conspiracy this was part of a scorched earth agenda.

Sudan is part of the 7 visa restricted nations in President Trump's EO from last week.

Maybe Trump cancels this? Or is the corporate factor in play?

Revival Beckons for Sudan as U.S. Lifts Economic Sanctions

The U.S. removal of sanctions on Sudan may unlock the potential for the government to tap its rich mineral and agriculture resources. Now the African state needs to carry out the large-scale reforms required to attract investors.

Former President Barack Obama’s Jan. 13 executive order reversed some measures put in place by the U.S. in 1997, four years after it first listed Sudan as a state sponsor of terrorism. It lifted restrictions on petroleum and petrochemical industries, including oilfield services and oil- and gas-pipeline transactions by Americans, and also allowed U.S. citizens to process deals involving people in Sudan, and import and export goods.

President Umar al-Bashir has been indicted by the International Criminal Court for alleged war crimes in the country’s western Darfur region. Sudanese cooperation on counter-terrorism and “addressing regional conflicts,” both mentioned by the Treasury, are more probable reasons for the U.S. decision, according to Leslie Lefkow, HRW’s deputy Africa director.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dang, Obama lifted the sanctions?

That's just plain..........weird. What makes it weird is the Government of Sudan has practically speaking waged a near genocidal war against the Darfur region for the last 40 years! I can't even begin to imagine a "Liberal" Sudan capable of pulling itself out of its economic hole.

And, it sounds like its nearly off limits to Westerners wanting to travel there.
wikitravel.org...

Per that entry, its near impossible to get a Visa to get into Sudan.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

President Umar al-Bashir has been indicted by the International Criminal Court for alleged war crimes in the country’s western Darfur region

Is that the same Darfur as this?

worldwithoutgenocide.org...

O is a real piece of work people.

Lifting sanctions unilaterally.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Hey, xuenchen, this will ring a bell to you. (Connect the dots!) That's all I'll say for now.

Cheryl Mills
BlackIvy Group
Sudan

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Hey, xuenchen, this will ring a bell to you. (Connect the dots!) That's all I'll say for now.

Cheryl Mills
BlackIvy Group
Sudan

Yup.

I hear the bell.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I thought you would hear it!

top topics

join