It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATS, time finally permits

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Greetings,

The name is ArtWillR. After frequently visiting the forum for the last couple years i finally found the time to sign up.

My main interest is in Earth science stuff, mostly all things related to the more technical aspects of climate change. Although i'm less interested in the controversy, which isn't in short supply here on ATS, i still consider the forum to be a great place to discuss the topic and exchange information.

I also finally finished a post about surface temperature data i started working on over a year ago. Work and social life has kept me busy, so it took a lot longer than planned, but now it's done.

Since i can't start a new thread before reaching 20 replies, i hope some of you post a few words so i can reply back.

Best, Art

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtWillR

Do you think that possibly global warming is due to a polar flip, or poles moving?
edit on 30-1-2017 by Underfire2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Welcome... I look forward to reading your input.

May I ask if and what role magnetism may play in your surface temperature theories?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Poor manners, sorry!

Hello and welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Art!

Hope to see some good examples of real science in the future! The opinions are not in short supply as you've already noticed.

Have a wonderful time bouncing around the forums here with the rest of us!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm looking forward to your post. I'm sure you have seen friendly people and great minds around ATS, there are many. Gotta love the way the forums are set up too. The freshman forum can be very helpful, always a good first stop. Mods do a fair job and there are plenty of great older threads to alleviate the current political bickering, which can easily be ignored. Enjoy your time here, see you around!

edit on 30-1-2017 by Illumimasontruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Welcome, I hope my post will help you, so your first thread on your data is available, I am sure many will be waiting to see what you have been able to gather during a year.

I am interesting in comparisons of historical data of clima, temperatures, no the one that is been used mostly by the weather channel since they started to gather data.

I am a believer that earth is changing, as it has done for centuries, but I am a bit skeptical about the latest facts behind the modern Global warming theory.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

Hi Underfire2,

No, i don't think the temperatures changes over the instrumental period are related to the movements of the poles. Changes of the same magnitude have occured at numerous times during the last 2000 years (late holocene). The one unique feature of changes during the last 150 years is the simultaneous rise of observed temperatures at many locations, but any possible causes would not require fundamentally new mechanisms to explain that.

Surface temperature change is a complex subject, and i don't think any climate changes of the last century can be fully understood without 'digging much deeper' into the research.

hopefully the thread i'm about to start will shed some light on your questions

Best, Art

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thanks for your answer.

I'm not gonna argue your hypothesis until I see your full view, and I look forward to doing so.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Screw it, nothing else is going on. I'll help you with your replies so we can move on with this view of yours.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Hi ttobban,

Thanks for your reply.

The theories aren't really mine, in the sense that my understanding of climate change doesn't differ much from published science.

As i said in my reply to Undefire, my understanding is that any changes over the last century do not require new mechanisms to explain them. I'm fully aware of the frequently made statements, we are experiencing new normals or that recent changes are unprecedented, and i think this has led to the misconception that climate today is fundametally different from the climate of the past.

I think the progress made in paleoclimate science over the last years can help the most to put any recent changes in context.

Best, Art

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Glad to have you on board here... I look forward to catching up on what you plan to share. I'd say the frequencies and patterns of nature are what intrigue me more than any source could. These topics are much more fun than politics...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

How the magnetic poles come into play: Earth's magnetic poles are relocating by 3,000 miles. This shift is having a significant impact on computerized aircraft-control navigational systems, and that's a clue it's likely affecting Earth's climate, too.

The magnetic pole alters the direction of the enormous current flow through the Earth, causing magnetic chaos in our planet's core. This weakens the magnetic shield that protects the planet from damaging solar particles.

Pole shifting changes the direction of the interaction between the geophysical and the magnetic North Poles by moving the coldest area of the Arctic toward Asia, thereby significantly altering the climate while not changing total Earth temperature.

- A multi-disciplined approach to understanding climate change is necessary.

This issue includes perpetual changes in total Earth temperature, the direction of the sun's activity, and the planet's distance and orientation to the sun during orbit.

Also in need of consideration is how the sun's activity, Earth's core and magnetic forcing interact with Earth's atmosphere. In most of today's climate research, all necessary fields of study aren't taken into account, including meteorology, climatology, geophysics, geomagnetism, archaeology, paleoclimatology and history.

www.google.com...

This is what I'm referring to.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, Art.

You need only 5 posts to start your thread. Looking forward to hearing your theories.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Hi marg6043,

Thanks for your reply. Interesting signature.

The post i prepared mainly covers surface temperatures, the data sets, a brief overview of the adjustments and some tools to access station data. Pretty basic. But everytime i follow discussions about climate change i realise that some basics are much-needed.

My main motivation is to encourage members to dig into the data themselves. The post is structured as sort of a guide, so if anything it is meant to make temperature data more accessible.

Best, Art

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hi Art! Welcome! Looks like you're close to being able to make your thread. Good luck!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Underfire2

Hi again,

If you follow the link in the short-bio of the author of that article, it will bring to this website why climate change.

I admit i have a hard time taking any argument serious that bases its premise on some unfounded claims.
The website is basically a pitch for book, but a clear warning sign should be the political drift of his first few points.

In my opinion that source is not worth your time.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There are other sources of information revolving around the same topic, but alot are making dumber claims that climate change is causing the poles to shift.

Instead of vice versa.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

The one unique feature of changes during the last 150 years is the simultaneous rise of observed temperatures at many locations, but any possible causes would not require fundamentally new mechanisms to explain that.

I have experienced climate change in an area where I lived. I lived in a subtropical area where it had a rainy season. It rained everyday during this season, and green was the primary color as far as the eye could see. Then people moved in and cover hundreds of thousands of acres of land with concrete, and tar.

The rains stopped. The droughts came, trees died, the landscaped changed, flora and fauna changed. This isolated area, definitely was man made climate change and I am sure there was likely an observable change of temperature in this location.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join