It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: First female POTUS? Who will she be?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
ivanka for president??
wow

i dont know what else to say

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Ivanka is far, far too drop dead that she would enchant the entire male population into a total subservient swooning troupe of high heel licking minions. Such a creature shouldn't be allowed to take such a high office. The unwritten rule of "politics is the celebrity world for ugly people" must not be violated when it comes to POTUS mantle. Especially not after the rest of celebrity culture has kept our male population whipped into a sex impulse driven bewildered herd.

Interesting. Apparently such a dystopia has never been written about in fiction?

There is a long tradition of female-only places in literature and mythology, starting with the Amazons and continuing into some examples of feminist utopias. In speculative fiction, female-only worlds have been imagined to come about, among other approaches, by the action of disease that wipes out men, along with the development of technological or mystical method that allow female parthenogenic reproduction. The resulting society is often shown to be utopian by feminist writers. Several influential feminist utopias of this sort were written in the 1970s;[2][3] the most often studied examples include Joanna Russ's The Female Man, Suzy McKee Charnas's Walk to the End of the World and Motherlines, and Marge Piercy's Woman on the Edge of Time.[2] Utopias imagined by male authors have generally included equality between sexes, rather than separation.[4] Female-only societies may be seen as an extreme type of a biased sex-ratio, another common SF theme.[5]

Such worlds have been portrayed often by lesbian or feminist authors; their use of female-only worlds allows the exploration of female independence and freedom from patriarchy.[3] The societies may not necessarily be lesbian, or sexual at all—a famous early sexless example being Herland (1915) by Charlotte Perkins Gilman.[3]

Some lesbian separatist authors have used female-only societies to additionally posit that all women would be lesbians if having no possibility of sexual interaction with men, as in Ammonite (1993) by Nicola Griffith. The enormously influential The Female Man (1975) and "When It Changed" (1972) by Joanna Russ portrayed a peaceful agrarian society of lesbians who resent the later intrusion of men, and a world in which women plan a genocidal war against men, implying that the utopian lesbian society is the result of this war.[6]

During the pulp era, matriarchal dystopias were relatively common, in which female-only or female-controlled societies were shown unfavourably.[1] In John Wyndham's Consider Her Ways (1956), male rule is shown as being repressive of women, but freedom from patriarchy is only possible in an authoritarian caste-based female-only society.[7] Poul Anderson's "Virgin Planet" depicted a world where five hundred castaway women found a way of reproducing asexually—but the daughter is genetically identical to the mother—with the result that eventually the planet has a large population composed entirely of "copies" of the original women. In this female-only world, human males are considered mythical creatures—and a man who lands on the planet after centuries of isolation finds it difficult to prove that he really is one. An example of a contemporary dystopian female world is Y: The Last Man, which features one male human and monkey who survive a cataclysmic event killing all other males.

James Tiptree Jr., a woman writing secretly under a male pseudonym, explored the sexual impulse and gender as two of her main themes;[8] in her award-winning "Houston, Houston, Do You Read?" (collected in Her Smoke Rose Up Forever), she presents a female-only society after the extinction of men from disease. The society lacks stereotypically "male" problems such as war and crime, but only recently resumed space exploration. The women reproduce via cloning and consider men to be comical.

A Door into Ocean is a 1986 feminist science fiction novel by Joan Slonczewski. The novel shows themes of ecofeminism and nonviolent revolution, combined with Slonczewski's own knowledge in the field of biology. The water moon Shora is inhabited by women living on rafts who have a culture and language based on sharing and a mastery of molecular biology that allows them to reproduce by parthenogenesis.

In Elizabeth Bear's Carnival (2006), a matriarchal, primarily lesbian society called New Amazonia has risen up on a lush planet amidst abandoned alien technology that includes a seemingly inexhaustible power supply. The Amazonian women are aggressive and warlike, but also pragmatic and defensive of their freedom from the male-dominated Earth-centric Coalition that seeks to conquer them. Distrustful of male aggression, they subjugate their men, a minority they tolerate solely for reproduction and labor.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.wired.com...
www.dclibrary.org...
etc

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

i will say Chelsea Clinton........ in 2040.
i should prob bet that, my hunches come up a lot.

but lets keep Trump till then..... see what happens, US politics is so interesting these days

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

The Clinton name is forever tarnished. And for good reason.

I am in concurrence with the 'no more dynasty' policy. But what if Trump does such a good job that we will start to change our minds on that rule?

I doubt it, but, you never know. The only thing predicable about Trump is that he is unpredictable.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Chicken #2: The criticism has been in the African American community that Donald Trump doesn't care about the African American community, and in fact is just using you as optics.

Omorosa: First of all, nobody uses me. (chuckles) First and foremost let me just tell you a little bit about myself so you can understand how I got where I am. I grew up in Youngstown Ohio in the Westlake projects, a housing project, so I am the embodiment of the American Dream. I grew up on welfare, on section 8 housing, my father was killed when I was 7 years old, I went to public school, I went to Central Ohio, got to Howard University and started to work in politics. So I earned my way to the White House, no one gave me anything, ok?

**audience claps**

I always find it hypocritical when a person like that was provided with food, housing, public schooling, grants, loans, etc... then joins the party that wants to cut all the programs that enabled the success. "No one gave me anything". Whatever.

I received help like that growing up, too. And I'm successful now. But I don't, for a second, think that I didn't get any help. Which is why I support the continued funding for those very same programs and efforts.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Abysha because: formatinz

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
What About Tulsi Gabbard?

This is what I came here to say. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join