It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Travel Restrictions Put Saudi Arabia in a Bind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
About damn time! After the weekend events, and the plethora of threads on here about it. I came across this BEAUTIFUL piece of news today. Seems the RIGHT thing just might get done after all.

Appearing on NBC on Sunday, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus left open the possibility that Saudi Arabia as well as Egypt and Pakistan—all close U.S. allies—could be added

Do the right thing Mr. President!

Ad Pakistan and the rest too.

The LAW is on your side.

I would love to see the number one financer of terrorism be taken down.

Maybe justice does exist in this world.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
For those who don't subscribe to WSJ.

Newsmax

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its smart to start with Obama's 2015 list of 7 countries he started restricting travel from.

Let that sink in until people understand this was a follow through of an Obama idea, he isnt racist.

Then we can add SA and Pakistan as the left media is calling for(they phrase it as as if its hypocritical not to add them) so we can work together using their suggestions.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Its smart to start with Obama's 2015 list of 7 countries he started restricting travel from.

Let that sink in until people understand this was a follow through of an Obama idea, he isnt racist.

Then we can add SA and Pakistan as the left media is calling for(they phrase it as as if its hypocritical not to add them) so we can work together using their suggestions.

Bingo, that's the little fact the liberal media likes to leave out. Then push the racist card against Trump.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hey I am all for it, those countries where not in the original ban act that Obama signed in 2011 and 2015, so adding them beside Syria is find with me

I wonder if Bush ban Saudi temporarily when the attacks of 9/11.

But I think he didn't as the Saudi price was a very close friends with Bush Jr.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think a lot of things are "under consideration". But this actually happened yesterday. President Trump and King Al-Saud agreed to "safe zones". Seems like we wouldn't work with them on one day, and slap a travel ban on the country the next day.

""WASHINGTON – President Trump and Saudi Arabia’s king agreed to support “safe zones” in Syria and Yemen, according to the White House, signaling a potential policy shift in the Middle East.

The agreement was reached during a phone call Sunday between Trump and King Salman bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud.

“The President requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts,” a White House readout of the call said.""

nypost.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think a lot of things are "under consideration". But this actually happened yesterday. President Trump and King Al-Saud agreed to "safe zones". Seems like we wouldn't work with them on one day, and slap a travel ban on the country the next day.

""WASHINGTON – President Trump and Saudi Arabia’s king agreed to support “safe zones” in Syria and Yemen, according to the White House, signaling a potential policy shift in the Middle East.

The agreement was reached during a phone call Sunday between Trump and King Salman bin Abd al-Aziz Al Saud.

“The President requested and the King agreed to support safe zones in Syria and Yemen, as well as supporting other ideas to help the many refugees who are displaced by the ongoing conflicts,” a White House readout of the call said.""

nypost.com...

Surprise suprise , the trump administration doesn't add Saudi Arabia to the mix when he personally has admitted they are the origin for all of this.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
About damn time! After the weekend events, and the plethora of threads on here about it. I came across this BEAUTIFUL piece of news today. Seems the RIGHT thing just might get done after all.

Appearing on NBC on Sunday, White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus left open the possibility that Saudi Arabia as well as Egypt and Pakistan—all close U.S. allies—could be added

The LAW is on your side.

Well they are more logical than some of these choices . Pakistan and SA def have a history of terror.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The LAW is on your side.

Im a man of my words.

lets make a wager. i've got paypal and venmo.

anyone welcomed (10 persons max). 100 USD this never happens, not a few months until their 'vetting' process is ironed out, but i want to bet it NEVER happens (this Admin).

the only thing this news proves is that Trump is a mastermind at appeasing the masses. this is just to calm the 'broohaha' and madness lately.
its not interesting that they put this out after the fact certain facto were pointed out... ?

my bet is open to anyone willing to take the wager.

edit on 30-1-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

U.S. Travel Restrictions Put Saudi Arabia in a Bind

Yay!!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Trump to Saudi King, "The US is damn near rabid that we add you to the list. Not only that, but pretty sure they wouldn't mind taking you down, and well you've heard my opinion on Iraq and their oil, think it's any different with yours? So here's the deal. You like your little rotten miserable country, you want to keep your rotten miserable little country, with all it's sick little human rights issues you seem to enjoy so much. You thought you were scared when the two towers happened and you got on air looking like you were damn near ready to # yourself. Well might as well run to the bathroom, cause guess what, you're my bitch now if you want to keep any of this. I'm not Obama, I don't bow to you, you bow to me. It'll be terrific!"

That's how I see their conversation to have really gone down.

I don't agree with it, I want our alliance with Saudi Arabia to end. I'm one of the rabid citizens. I'm so sick of our alliance with Saudi Arabia. It makes us hypocrites and further cements our being the bad guys. Even if cool and bad ass Trump doing that would still be more us being the bad guys.

Trump needs to, if he wants real legitimacy in my eyes, straight up break off our alliance unless Saudi Arabia can start fixing it's abuses and become a damn civilized nation, and honestly work to end terrorism, rather than give lip service.
edit on 1/30/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/30/2017 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join