It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A petition to stop Trump's visit to the UK has reached 1 millions signatures

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

I know, you couldn't make it up!
Discriminating against Israeli citizens is apparently okay even if they are just regular Joe's like us.
The hypocrisy of Khan speaks volumes about integrity, but hey, Trump is still getting the state visit because the overwhelming majority of people really don't give a # and just want a decent trading deal with the US lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Their reward will be to parade through the streets of London, drunk on their own self righteousness and show their deep respect for democracy by damaging property and besmirching war memorials.
a reply to: JinMI

While not caring a jot their ridiculous petition will come to nothing, and even if it did, the damage to Britain's trade will be incalculable...but they'd have to miss out on excessive dribbling, wailing, gnashing their teeth and aimlessly hoisting asinine and banal banners about nothing in particular to do with Brits at all...so they'll probably march regardless like the mindless attention seekers they are.

I wish our government ministers had half the backbone President Trump has.

Perhaps i'll start a campaign to petition parliament demanding President Trump has a successful state visit here, because to be frank, if they actually prevent President Trump from coming here, essentially interfering in internal US policy, which have nothing to do with them whatsoever, i would imagine there would be serious grounds for a motion to initiate a vote of no confidence in our Government...it would be damaging to us and to our country, and that certainly is NOT the role of Government servants.

edit on 31 1 2017 by MysterX because: added text

link   
With no particular point to make and for no particular reason other than I find it funny, I'd like to present two numbers for your consideration:

1,726,441 v 1,617,989

1,728,441: the number of votes (at time of writing) for a petition to stop Trump's state visit, after just a week of him being in office

1,617,989: the number of votes for Scottish independence, after hundreds of years of conflict, 20+ years of fapping themselves into a coma every night over their copies of Braveheart, and several months of intense campaigning.

link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
Here is the heat map showing the location of the people who signed the petition banning Trump...
petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com...

As you can see it mainly from London and from University cities like Oxford, Cambridge and Edinburgh.
Same people who are trying to bloke Brexit.

Now look at the map of the people who have signed the petition to allow Trump a state visit...
petitionmap.unboxedconsulting.com...

Quite spread out across the whole country!

Only 160 thousand for Trump at the moment if Donald hears about this the White House spokes person will have to say he won the popular UK vote by counties and not people

link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: TheBulk
So why are people in the UK cool with Obama's drone bombing of entire families? Ohhhhh, riiiiight. The media loved him, thus you loved him.

Come on, we have our own libitards just like you.

Not all us brits are self righteousness lefties.

Haha! True!
It's still less than 2 million people who are so 'outraged' they take 5 minutes to click an online petition lol, the other 60 odd million don't give a # about it.

All my work colleagues where saying how the respect trump because he is full filling what he said he would do.

You cant complain if that is what he was elected on.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TheBulk
So why are people in the UK cool with Obama's drone bombing of entire families? Ohhhhh, riiiiight. The media loved him, thus you loved him.

Come on, we have our own libitards just like you.

Not all us brits are self righteousness lefties.

Haha! True!
It's still less than 2 million people who are so 'outraged' they take 5 minutes to click an online petition lol, the other 60 odd million don't give a # about it.

All my work colleagues where saying how the respect trump because he is full filling what he said he would do.

You cant complain if that is what he was elected on.

Exactly!

Makes such a refreshing change for someone in a high political office to actually have principles and keep their promises to their electorate..hasn't happened for quite some time.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

True, he's doing what he said he would, but losers will always complain.
No different to the remoaners in the UK lol.
I'd give him the state visit and massage his ego, he's the leader of the biggest gang in town so any decent deal is worth it in my opinion, it's not like he's commiting genocide or anything, and let's face it, more distasteful people than Trump have had state visits with the queen before now.

Funny how millions are bleating about Trump but crickets when Chinese or Saudi leaders visited lol, modern social media bull# is all, I imagine most of those signing the petition have never protested in their lives.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well said mate.

The reason they're not bleating on about Saudi murdering innocents in the Yemen, is money.

Billions in arms sales, and billions in saving aerospace (weapons) industry jobs.

Finances come before innocent life unfortunately.

Strange though, because we didn't think so just a couple of weeks ago, when those innocents being killed were people from Syria and it was in our government's interest to rub Syria and Russia's noses in the crap about the terrible plight of those on the sharp end of the bombs and bullets using cheap propaganda shots...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Says it all here...
petition.parliament.uk...

Poll to stop supporting Saudi Arabia as they massacre the Yemeni people

2,134 signatures

The Trump poll is just populist social media driven bull# in my opinion.

edit on 31.1.2017 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I see the poll that says Trump should be welcomed for a full state visit has passed the 100k mark and will also be debated in Parliament.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Lol, the biggest majority is the 60 million plus Brits who don't actually give a flying #.
He's getting his state visit, and if that butters his ego up enough to benefit the UK with decent deals then cool.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Shhhh, don't use l**ser with the the T(tm) word, it'll only cause heartburn with the wee orange people

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Absolutely.
I would like them to read these out one after the other though, there would be some peachy melt downs on the slow kids benches.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Parliament is scheduled to debate this on February 20. The debate will not go to a vote - not being British, I'm not sure how results are decided, but I'm sure some of our UK members can comment.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

It will most likely be the same as the previous petition calling for banning Trump...

The Government has a policy of not routinely commenting on individual immigration or exclusion cases.

petition.parliament.uk...

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: rickymouse

That being said Trump does indeed seem to have some issues with how we run our country.

www.heraldscotland.com...

Truth is through he is also considered to be a “three-time loser” over here considering the Supreme Court ruling on his objection to an off-shore wind farm near Turnberry.

Turnberry isn't in Aberdeenshire.

Wrong course.

He was challenging AOWL.

And actually, the majority of Brits don't hate him. The majority of British, social media fed hashtag junkies do.

Don't count your Facebook post likes as an indication of public opinion. That screwed up predictions in some of the recent elections.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd
I've been following today's opener at work (Keneth Clarke, ace intervention before he retires !)
Create a thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go go go, do it Byrd

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I imagine there will be thousands of protestors there to express their loathing for Mr. Make America hate again. The hate for this man will only get worse.

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: rickymouse

Trumps as welcome as any other gadgie in the UK end of the day through his reputation proceeds him.

As long as he behaves there should be no problem with his visit i imagine............As long as he behaves, that is.

Huh? Trump behave? That would be a miracle, maybe if you gave his wife a electric cattle prod and not let him anymore than the prod could reach it could be done. She would love it

posted on Jan, 31 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
Wherver he goes people will be protesting, big time
Drumpf will be sooo happy to beat record turnouts
... prove me wrong on the day, and i'll pay for the donuts ;p

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join