It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A petition to stop Trump's visit to the UK has reached 1 millions signatures

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson
Speak for yourself Laddie I like him. I'm British and I'm waiting to see how he performs in his first year. I wont try and second guess what might or might not happen, no one can. Give him a chance.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
Since I disagree with practically everything he's done so far I doubt it. And as I'm a lassie rather than a lad, I'm predisposed to dislike him anyway. And no matter what people may say on here, the majority of the UK dislike him.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You got links to some polls or is that just your opinion asserted as fact?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

You got links to some polls or is that just your opinion asserted as fact?

Self-avowed liberals don't need anything as proletarian as fact, don't be silly.

They have feelz. Magic feelz that are more accurate than any poll. Except possibly election polls. Or referendum polls. Or polls conducted using actual people that might have contradictory opinions.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Post-truth at its finest.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Magic feelz bahaha!
1.3 million click an online petition....meanwhile the other 60 odd million folk don't really give a # and just want a decent trading relationship with the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand I dont think I need a poll, its just all around me everyday. And i may have jokingly described myself as a liberal, but that term has been co-opted on this site as a catch all insult for anybody who's doesn't think Trump is the second coming. I'm in the UK and a labour supporter so I'm left wing.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I didn't sign the petition but we cant sell out our values for a trade deal.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: EvillerBob

Magic feelz bahaha!
1.3 million click an online petition....meanwhile the other 60 odd million folk don't really give a # and just want a decent trading relationship with the US.

Not even that many, theres a lot of fraudulent sigs again.

As for them being a tiny minority, they are. Most of us can see past the hyperbole and realise he isn't sticking all the brown people in FEMA camps.

Only the toxic left and assorted bedwetters seem to have a Trump problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Your anecdotal experience does not speak for the UK though.
Remember prior to the referendum if you listened to anecdotal experience it would have seemed to be a landslide remain victory.
Anecdotal is mildly indicative at best for local opinion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The British can handle Troublesome immigrants very easily without resorting to racism and blanket bans. UK Muslims come in all types some support terrorism and others do not. We also have a sophisticated security system that also has foiled many terrorist attempts so we do not need to use such heavy handed methods unlike the USA!

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That's fine you don't have to believe me. I just feel the UK has to now protect itself from this rightwing craziness that's enveloped the States.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

That's fine, you can hold your own opinion as we all do, just don't assert it as the opinion of the majority of the UK when you cannot provide evidence to support such assertions.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
That's fine you don't have to believe me. I just feel the UK has to now protect itself from this rightwing craziness that's enveloped the States.

Actually I think it's fair to say that the US caught a good dose of "freedom" from the UK and Brexit.

Trump is shaping up to be the greatest thing for democracy, trade, and western civilization as whole since... well, since I was born.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DamielAll that I can say is that this type of ignorance makes me ashamed to be British.Maybe one day these naysayers will realise that Trump is the best thing to have happened within the political sphere for decades.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Its interesting, one of the main problems with a activist minority is that if the silence majority doesn't do anything they will run the country in not time, it may happen in the UK and here in the US.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No I'm going to assert it, its undeniable I'm my opinion. You just don't have to believe it without a poll to back it up. Although on this site if I did produce a poll I'm sure it would be shot down as fake of part of some liberal fake.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I personally don't see it happening.
I perceive the 'activist minority' in the UK to be the million or so facebook and twitter clickers.
I'll entertain your idea when 1.3 million people march in London.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Beat me to it! I was thinking the same thing myself.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
No I'm going to assert it, its undeniable

Lol okay.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join