It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A petition to stop Trump's visit to the UK has reached 1 millions signatures

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Speaking as someone who is on the outside looking in I have major conflicting opinions on Trump.

At times I think he's a breath of fresh air, says it like it is and is trying to stand up for the ordinary Joe's in the USA and even the world at large.

And then at other times he scares the living crap out of me and I'm both bewildered and terrified that this man has been elected to the Presidency of the USA.

But what I will say is that he has done far more in the 1-2 weeks since his inauguration than our own Theresa May has done in the 6 months since she became PM of the UK.
May is full of the wind and piss and empty political rhetoric that almost all modern politicians seem to be afflicted with - Trump seems to be a man of action and conviction and is willing to implement election promises.
Whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen but I think modern day politicians could take a lesson from his decisiveness and willingness to act.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
a reply to: andy06shake

Mouahaha, i had visions of Prince Phillip breaking out the good scotch and reminiscing about the good old days !

a bit of brandy and 'locker room talk' never hurts anyone, theyd get on just fine.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A State visit is an invitation by the Government, not the Queen, in her capacity as Monarch of the Crown Estates, it is part of her duties to lay on these visits and banquets. What she does asher position as Quenn is entirely different and totally her own business,.......just saying...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
They should petition to ban themselves after operation boot, and the gulf oil disaster.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wonder how many would sign a petition to prevent Saudi royals entering the UK? Probably not even a quarter of those who signed the one about Trump
edit on 30-1-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Is this the petition?

Petition Parliament

Prevent Donald Trump from making a State Visit to the United Kingdom. Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.
More details
Donald Trump's well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him from being received by Her Majesty the Queen or the Prince of Wales. Therefore during the term of his presidency Donald Trump should not be invited to the United Kingdom for an official State Visit.

While I don't necessarily agree with Trump, this poorly thought out petition is just the type of thing that circulates around social media. I can think of several leaders who should have been exclued from State Visits in the UK, but no one really cared. Get the celebrities and the press exited and suddenlty everyone is baying for blood.

Only a few die hard fanatics for Tibetan liberation and human rights protested China's President Xi Jinping's visit, although he sits atop the biggest dictatorship out there where huan rights are crap. Where was everyone when it was announced he was being invited? Oh right, they were all on Facebook.
edit on 30/1/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Actually there were quite big protests about the Chinese state visit.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I get where you're coming from : his public persona, the bonkers Tweets, the bombast rhetoric and all the rest of it is truly something to ... behold ... scary to behold.

Then the flurry of signings last week (effectively, The Don is giving us more value for money than the nasty one in mules), the whole charade of holding up the documents to the cameras to bear witness that things are being done, the 'torture is good' interview ...

There's something else that hasn't been picked up yet, probably with good reason : the new staffers at the White House are all at sea.

This was evident over the weekend - we had a live interview on TV here with the journalist, inside the WH grounds, less than 20 meters from the West Wing.

The guy presenting the program, who was visibly stunned, asked the journalist how come he's *that* close ?
The reply : I dunno, we asked to be let in and ... here we are !!

Very lax and very amateurish

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Actually there were quite big protests about the Chinese state visit.

Not to this scale. Petitions, daily protests and crying celebrities.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

No not insulting you. Just saying dont judge all of the UK because we have our own crazy snowflake librals.

The majority of the UK does not care what the USA does with its own borders.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Lets just see what kind of response he gets if and when he turns up in the U.K?

Then you can cast your disparaging remarks regarding my "just about everyone" comment.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Is ok to disagree, what I find interesting is the vitriol and lies on many of the complains, but hell we are a free nation with free speech.

But guess what Obama signed more OE in his first 3 days in the white house that Trump did and still have not surpassed Obamas first 10 days.

And nobody was protesting, going insane or getting scare of him, I guess because many would have seen that racist.

Trump is fair game I guess.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You know I was been sarcastic, crazyewok is good to make a joke once in while with all the insanity going on around the world.

I know your are from the UK and I know you mean not harm.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Didn't Her Majesty the Queen already invite him? How will a petition protect her from embarrassment for something she has already done.

Maybe there's a compromise. MI6 can interview The Donald to determine which hand he uses to grab the Billy Bush. Then, the UK can establish the protocol for the visit that Trump must use his other hand to greet the Queen.

Can't have Donald using the same hand for grab and greet when it's the Queen he's meeting.

That would solve the ticklish problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
Blimey Paraphi, the second paragraph of your Petition Parliament had me falling off my chair laughing. Oh, oh, the irony.
Well documented misogyny and vulgarity disqualifies him. In that case it also disqualifies an awful lot of Lords and Mps.
Now take Trump, as I understand it his relatives hail from Scotland and as we already have a system that allows foreigners in with the cry "well my mother, father, brother, grandparents and probably the family cat is here so that gives me precedent to move into your country".

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The majority of the UK do care what the US does with its borders, Trump is pretty much universally hated in the UK. But then I'm one of those pesky uk liberals.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Damiel

It's a free country, if Trump wants to come back to the U.K that should be his prerogative.

That being said, just about everyone over here thinks the Man is a sexist racist xenophobic hate mongering buffoon.

So don't be expecting celebration and flag waving in any great numbers for this new POTUS.

Suppose he can always keep Prince Philip company.
LoL

And Prince charles wasnt the same way?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

All those signatures and nothing will come of it. May needs Trump if she's going to make Brexit work...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
I wonder how many would sign a petition to prevent Saudi royals entering the UK? Probably not even a quarter of those who signed the one about Trump

I've watched people jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon, it's really tragic. I dislike the man intensely but not gonna join in the Trump bashing because I'm watching to see where he's taking our transatlantic cousins and their country...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
...Trump is pretty much universally hated in the UK...

I'm sure someone said that the UK was pretty much universally voting to remain in the EU.

I'm also sure someone said that the US was pretty much universally voting for Clinton.

Lots of people seem to be deciding what everyone else in the universe is allowed to think or feel.

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
... But then I'm one of those pesky uk liberals.

Ahh, now it makes sense.
edit on Ev16MondayMondayAmerica/ChicagoMon, 30 Jan 2017 11:16:23 -06007612017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join