It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A petition to stop Trump's visit to the UK has reached 1 millions signatures

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How the misinformed protester in UK didn't protest Obama when he signed the ban on countries of interest back in 2011 and then back in 2015. Trump just added Syria to the list.

I guess just like the protesters in the US, that would have been racist and Trump is a better target.

Let do an EO ban on drillings in the gulf of Mexico on UK oil companies

edit on 30-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Virtually all nations enforce strict border laws. Why is Trump "evil" for doing the SAME?

edit on 30-1-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Let do an EO ban on drillings in the gulf of Mexico on UK oil companies

So because we have our own libitards like you ,you would screw your most reliable ally over?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Draining the swamp ,
Draining the swamp 👍

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Personally I don't think we should be alienating the leader of the most powerful country on earth which happens to be one of our closest allies.. especially as we are no longer part of the EU now..

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A stupid petition made by Muslims...
They think they rule the world with their petitions...

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
A good proportion of those signatures are going to be fakes. Already seen a few examples via twitter this morning.

It's a laugh how everyone wants to ban Trump. People like Jeremy Corbyn who cozied up to IRA and Hamas killers, Ed Milliband who wanted to bomb Syria and many others.

Even the main news outlets are doing their fake news thing by refusing to concede this is a temporary moratorium rather than an outright ban.

If it was up to me, Mister Trump would get a bloody knighthood and a season pass to all the best golf clubs whenever he wanted to come over.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Damiel

iirc the anti-Bush protests in London were significant.

This after we were lied into Iraq.

They even recreated the toppling of the Saddam statue, this time using Bush.

I would imagine that the anti-Trump protests would be even larger.

Yesterday was by far the biggest turnout since the million-plus march in February; along with the crowds, the anger and conviction were back with a vengeance.

I'm no fan of George W. But I do think it's a bit ironic Brittain staged such a protest at a time when Tony Blair was in full support of Washington's regime at the time.
The U.K. government was the biggest supporter of the BS Iraq invasion.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Are you insulting me crazyewok I thought you were my friend, I am hurt, crazyewok I am hurt, ouch.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
More signatures than attendees at his inauguration. Donald is losing his mind right now.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

You see the placards saying Bush and Blair butchers?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I understand the man is President, but HE SHOULD NOT BE!!!! When are the Trumptards, going to realize the man is unfit, and he could care less about a little thing called the Constitution. He lost the POPLULAR VOTE by MILLIONS. This means more people feel the way I do, than tRUMP supporters.

Now as many of us sane people have pointed out, THE WORLD IS WATCHING. Even people in other countries cant stand this man. He is nothing but an embarrassment to me and my country

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

The U.K. has a Muslim population of 3 million.

Wonder how many are included in the petition.

1 million, I would assume, given the OP.. The wives can't get out to say anything, so that rules out another 2 million at least.

.... tell me you know better howlers, multiples wives count in a population count you know.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What a breath of fresh air 👍
Trump has been outstanding.

Over 1 million ?
Thought they was stopping fake news?

And of those 1 million , how many hate the queen ? Errm .

About 1 million .

I hate tree huggers.
edit on 30-1-2017 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There seems to be a rather biased view of the sort of people who would sign this petition. Let me be clear -

A-I am Christian, not Muslim.
B-I voted conservative (I think they're all useless but I believe anything other than Labour or Conservative is a wasted vote currently)
C-I think Jeremy Corbyn is a terrible person.
D- I believe we need stronger immigration checks.
E - I voted for Brexit.
F- I signed this petition.

Now most of my friends and family are Atheist, and some voted against Brexit but otherwise that list holds true for alot of people I know. It's not all liberal left-wingers who disagree with Trump, a lot of people closer to the centre do as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: twfau

It should just be a temporary ban until we know what the hell is going on.

Far, far worse Heads of State have visited the UK on official visits before and no-one has batted an eyelid.

1Million have signed this petition, 63Million haven't - what does that say?

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's a free country, if Trump wants to come back to the U.K that's should be his prerogative.

That being said, just about everyone over here thinks the Man is a sexist racist xenophobic hate mongering buffoon.

So don't be expecting celebration and flag waving in any great numbers for this new POTUS.

Suppose he can always keep Prince Philip company.
LoL

You should be in the government, you could speak for everyone all at once.

Well, "just about everyone" anyway.

I don't think aunt Pat with her scouse, with uncle Rodger and their kids Rodney and Pamela count as "just about everyone" - no matter how good aunt Pat's Sunday scouse is.

yeesh....

I miss my old mans food.. that old scouser knew how to cook a pot of water and make it taste good, either or, your premise is lacking in almost every aspect.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Actually what is getting people angry that hate Trump is that he is the first president delivering the promises he made to people like me, that voted for him and making it a priority.

He is doing marvelous, he is a great leader so far and he doesn't take crap.

Trump for 8 years.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Maybe it's time for the UK to resurrect 2015's petition calling on immigration to the UK to be stopped until ISIS is defeated.

Poll the BBC told you about... and the one they didn't: Petition calling on immigration to the UK to be stopped until ISIS is defeated has almost as many signatures as one calling for Trump to be barred

I suspect that numbers would beat the current one that is the subject of the OP.

posted on Jan, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Mouahaha, i had visions of Prince Phillip breaking out the good scotch and reminiscing about the good old days !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join