It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A petition to stop Trump's visit to the UK has reached 1 millions signatures

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I don't blame them one bit for hating GWb. Im not sure I like him very much either, but im inside the US and have the view of nuance within our government. He was mostly just a patsy.

Im absolutely certain the Queen has shaken hands with worse people than Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Im absolutely certain the Queen has shaken hands with worse people than Donald Trump.

Indeed.

Queen to greet line-up of despots at meeting of Commonwealth leaders in Malta

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: rickymouse

That being said Trump does indeed seem to have some issues with how we run our country.

Trump seems to be an "Equal opportunity offender", he offends everyone equally.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: TheBulk
So why are people in the UK cool with Obama's drone bombing of entire families? Ohhhhh, riiiiight. The media loved him, thus you loved him.

Come on, we have our own libitards just like you.

Not all us brits are self righteousness lefties.

Haha! True!
It's still less than 2 million people who are so 'outraged' they take 5 minutes to click an online petition lol, the other 60 odd million don't give a # about it.

All my work colleagues where saying how the respect trump because he is full filling what he said he would do.

You cant complain if that is what he was elected on.

What kind of environment do you work in? Because I'm in professional services and absolutely every colleague and client I've seen in the last year or so finds it unbelievable that he got in. The vast vast majority of people I meet don't like him.

Teacher.

Not saying they like him as a person

But they respect the fact that he is fullfilling what he was elected to do.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

So why are people in the UK cool with Obama's drone bombing of entire families? Ohhhhh, riiiiight. The media loved him, thus you loved him.

Haha! True!
It's still less than 2 million people who are so 'outraged' they take 5 minutes to click an online petition lol, the other 60 odd million don't give a # about it.

All my work colleagues where saying how the respect trump because he is full filling what he said he would do.

What kind of environment do you work in? Because I'm in professional services and absolutely every colleague and client I've seen in the last year or so finds it unbelievable that he got in. The vast vast majority of people I meet don't like him.

Teacher.

"Ham handedly" and irresponsibly.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't blame them one bit for hating GWb. Im not sure I like him very much either, but im inside the US and have the view of nuance within our government. He was mostly just a patsy.

Who doesn't know it was Cheney's presidency?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Haha! True!

Teacher.

"Ham handedly" and irresponsibly.

His campaign promises are what they are.

He was elected.

You get the goverment you deserve.

The democrats should have not run a repulsive witch and campaigned on globalism and identity politics while ignoring huge portions of the US population.
FFS I mean you lost to fecking TRUMP. The democrats could of beat him easly if you where not insane.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
So out of the 65 million living in the U.K. Only 1 million don't want him to visit? So that's like 1.5%

I wonder how many of those votes were from illegals?

It's not that simple. You have to think of it in terms of how many people actually bother to sign. 1m is a huge representation compared to all the other gov't petitions.

And again it's not to say 'he can't visit' - it's to say it shouldnt be an official state visit. He's not proven himself worthy of it.

And the idea that illegals would be champing at the bit to sign anything publicly is a bit ridiculous. You'd want to remain under the radar.

People here don't like him. Simple as that.

It's a reply of Brexit all over again. "Over a million people can't be wrong!"

And then someone checks the maps, and finds that a million of those votes come from a single city - probably thousands of those from a handful of people running bots, just like the 2nd EU Referendum petition. Many of those votes don't even come from the UK.

The counter-petition to welcome Trump, however, shows consistent support across the entire country.

Of course, I forget, only London counts, the rest of the country are just rednecks and hillbillies who don't know any better and probably think the pro-Trump petition they're signing is actually for free pork pies and black pudding.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm thinking one of those brain implants that Eric Cartman had installed, could not go amiss with Trump.

Then again possibly all politicians should consider such an upgrade?

A brain implant can't work on someone without a brain.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Stick it in his pants considering that's probobly the last known region where Trumps produced any cerebral activity.

Then again he might like it to much.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: fatkid
So out of the 65 million living in the U.K. Only 1 million don't want him to visit? So that's like 1.5%

I wonder how many of those votes were from illegals?

It's not that simple. You have to think of it in terms of how many people actually bother to sign. 1m is a huge representation compared to all the other gov't petitions.

And again it's not to say 'he can't visit' - it's to say it shouldnt be an official state visit. He's not proven himself worthy of it.

And the idea that illegals would be champing at the bit to sign anything publicly is a bit ridiculous. You'd want to remain under the radar.

People here don't like him. Simple as that.

It's a reply of Brexit all over again. "Over a million people can't be wrong!"

And then someone checks the maps, and finds that a million of those votes come from a single city - probably thousands of those from a handful of people running bots, just like the 2nd EU Referendum petition. Many of those votes don't even come from the UK.

The counter-petition to welcome Trump, however, shows consistent support across the entire country.

Of course, I forget, only London counts, the rest of the country are just rednecks and hillbillies who don't know any better and probably think the pro-Trump petition they're signing is actually for free pork pies and black pudding.

An entire post of blind assumption based on nothing.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Charles has his own special madness about him.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Has whacky Charlie developed a Scottish accent? Lol

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Only when he visits the off licence n Coatbridge for a bottle a tonic.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

It was an opinion based post in part for sure, but opinion I agree with as well.
...am I correct in being of the opinion you are against Trump and voted remain?

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Hahaha!
I reckon Charlie is a Bucky man on the sly

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Hahaha!
I reckon Charlie is a Bucky man on the sly

*edit*
He looks like he's done too much mandy in that pic though lol

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Certainly against Trump. Just in general not suggesting barring him entry into the UK, that's his bag.

As to Brexit only time will tell, be nice to see an actual working plan that spells out the eventual pros and cons.

The E.U is collapsing in on itself so probobly better to get out and in the life boat the now, just wondering how many holes its got?
edit on 1-2-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Ah, I'll trade with Satan if the deal is worth it, and like it or not he's the leader of the hardest gang in town right now.
Leaving the EU is happening so massaging Trumps ego is a sensible business move as far as I see it.
Especially if it gives us extra leverage with the EU which clearly wants to spank our naughty arses now.

posted on Feb, 1 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Since we are abandoning sinking ships through it might be nice to also abandon such schemes as Trident, thus somewhat free up funding for the financial eventualities that Brexit with ensure in the short term.

We don't need it, no one is invading the UK, not even Russia.

But if we did you can be dam sure any extra leverage regarding our US cousins would sharply diminish.

I just think if we are abandoning the madness we should get rid of our own also.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join